• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acinixys

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I haven't encountered any cheaters that I'm aware of, but I'm not particularly good, either.

As long as there's so much incentive to play and play well to get cosmetic items that can be sold, I don't know what they can do about this. It sucks, but people that get banned will presumably just buy new copies to farm more currency to buy more stuff.

DotA and CS:GO force you to link your phone number to your account to play online. PUBG needs to do the same. Will clamp down on cheaters hard

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I assume cheaters are more prevalent in higher matchmaking ranks since they win all the time? I kinda suck at the game and have only encountered a cheater once.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
To those that say "I don't understand cheating"; it's simple as fuck. There's real money involved. Of course someone will try to take advantage of it.

Get rid of the money and see the cheaters vanish.

NekoNeko

Coward
Oct 26, 2017
To those that say "I don't understand cheating"; it's simple as fuck. There's real money involved. Of course someone will try to take advantage of it.

there are plenty of cheaters in games with no money. if you can cheat, people will cheat.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
that's fair but in the halo days i remember having to play against cheaters in almost every game. simply removing money won't make cheaters go away.

True but it will reduce their numbers enough that you only encounter them on the rare occasion instead of most rounds.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I just mention it because I'm a fairly regular user (160h since late November) and yet with just a bit of luck in boxes I've been able to buy games thanks to PUBG.

Now imagine those with hundreds of account.

SausagePiano

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Jan 18, 2018
Ban the licenses so they have to purchase again, not only kick them out of the game.

sanstesy

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
The game is a mess. Three of my friends stopped playing already because of the utterly awful netcode/rubber banding/tick-rate and still prevelant jankiness. Cheaters is not even the main reason here.

They need to do something in the next few months because otherwise they'll keep losing more and more players in the west.

SnakeyHips

Oct 31, 2017
Wales
The game is a mess. Three of my friends stopped playing already because of the utterly awful netcode/rubber banding/tick-rate and still prevelant jankiness. Cheaters is not even the main reason here.

They need to do something in the next few months because otherwise they'll keep losing more and more players in the west.
They really need to implement a ping/continent restriction at least until they find some sort of more permanent option.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I was so happy when I started seeing cheaters in every other match I played. It meant I'd got gud.

That feeling didn't last.

This is a uniquely PUBG problem. I've seen more hacks in the last few months than I've seen in over twenty years of online gaming on PC.

Recall

Oct 27, 2017
Is cheating really that bad in PUBG just now?

Cheating is rampant in every online game.

There is even a newer subset where you have Twitch streamers who cant play the games yet want the views and subs so cheat.

Games like CSGO, Overwatch, Call of Duty, Battlefield, etc etc all have cheaters and a lot of them...pubg is no different.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
There's a rather massive time zone difference between China & North America. What weird times are you playing that your game is full of players from China? Peak times in one area should be downtimes in another, and vice versa.

Oct 25, 2017
There's a rather massive time zone difference between China & North America. What weird times are you playing that your game is full of players from China? Peak times in one area should be downtimes in another, and vice versa.

Well if you're playing on a friday past midnight EST or 9pm PST like a lot of people do you are approaching 1pm afternoon in china on saturday which i am sure is a busy time.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When I play pickup team games in Europe I almost always have Chinese players on my team, regardless of time of day.

SHØGVN

Oct 29, 2017
Why is it this game is riddled with hackers while Dota 2 and Tf2 have no hackers? Blame the developer for failing to have an anti-cheat system.

Deleted member 26104

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
As an almost exclusively online multiplayer player, this is why I don't play on PC. I could build a monster gaming PC tomorrow, but the games I played would be filled with cheaters and have lower populations than consoles as well.

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Then it's XIM4 players having a clear competitive advantage over everyone stuck with a controller... Better yet, it's undetectable.

I've been playing PC games for nearly twenty years now and I've encountered like 10-20 hackers ever across thousands of hours of Quake/Counter Strike/Battlefield/ARMA/Rainbow Six play? This issue is really overstated online. Maybe it's just a PUBG problem but that would mean it's an anti-cheat/community problem more than anything.
Im guessing you didnt play the division on pc? Shit was out of control. Only way to thin the herd, is permaban on first offence.

R_thanatos

Oct 27, 2017
But doesn't winning games get you more currency for loot box stuff? And I think you can sell the rare stuff on market place for a decent amount of cash.
Seems like incentive to cheat is there. I maybe wrong, all my PUBG know how is through YT videos
Isn't there a cap for the lootboxes per week ? More currency wouldn't help in this case.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
This thread's gonna be awesome, we got shit posts galore already

Played 300 hours, encountered maybe one cheater when I first started. I play in first person.

I'd include yours in the list, "I don't have the problem so there isn't one" is the definition of shit post. Plus I just straight up don't believe you, cheating has been rampant since 1.0.

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

Idk about that.

I played a lot of Call of Duty 4 and World at War when those games were already 6, 7 years old and people still were cheating/using hacks. (on console btw)

Cheaters just like to troll..

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
As an almost exclusively online multiplayer player, this is why I don't play on PC. I could build a monster gaming PC tomorrow, but the games I played would be filled with cheaters and have lower populations than consoles as well.

Well, you didnt need to specify that you didnt play online on PC. The second part was pretty much telling.

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Yeah, it's getting really annoying...
Me and my team got killed by a obvious cheater (killed from miles away through buildings and mountains) twice while being only like 15 people left two times in a row a few days ago... That was the first time I really got angry at this game...

I played like 550 hours at this point, and there where a few encounters with cheaters here and there, but nothing to bad... But at this point its really souring my fun with the game... Sucks

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I stick to my story...after reading this thread I feel even more confident in my stance that this game should not have won any GOTY Awards. When you have multiple people saying "I don't play this game anymore because, in every game there is at least 1 cheater", how is that the best game to play from 2017?

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I stick to my story...after reading this thread I feel even more confident in my stance that this game should not have won any GOTY Awards. When you have multiple people saying "I don't play this game anymore because, in every game there is at least 1 cheater", how is that the best game to play from 2017?

Because that's not really the games fault?

Also the goty discussion has really nothing to do with the problem discussed in this thread

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
This thread's gonna be awesome, we got shit posts galore already

Played 300 hours, encountered maybe one cheater when I first started. I play in first person.

Cheaters aren't invincible and often lose on purpose. The odds of you knowing they cheated and them beating you instead of someone else beating you is extremely small. Your anecdotal evidence is incredibly worthless.

OrdinaryPrime

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd include yours in the list, "I don't have the problem so there isn't one" is the definition of shit post. Plus I just straight up don't believe you, cheating has been rampant since 1.0.

Yeah I don't think posts like "I don't see it therefore it must not be true" are worthwhile. It's obvious games that have money principles like PUBG will attract more cheaters.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Because that's not really the games fault?

Also the goty discussion has really nothing to do with the problem discussed in this thread

How is this any different than when Batman Arkham Knight launched on PC? It was unplayable for many "due to technical issues". "It wasn't the games fault", but it still was such a mess people chose to spend their gaming time and money elsewhere. When people are purposely avoiding your game because it is not an enjoyable experience, I don't believe it is the best game of the year.

We all in this community play games for "fun". It doesn't sound like many in here on PC are having "fun" with this game unfortunately. I wished it ran like a Ferrari for everyone, but it isn't.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah I don't think posts like "I don't see it therefore it must not be true" are worthwhile. It's obvious games that have money principles like PUBG will attract more cheaters.

There was a Reddit post showing that statistically there's at least one cheater in every single match, and it feels like it too. With the game being made so poorly it's extremely easy to cheat in PUBG and we see cheats that just wouldn't work in other online shooters (pretty much everything is handled client side). You have the blatant cheaters using rage hacks doing it for profit and the more subtle cheaters using ESP, no recoil and wallhack because they're too bad to win without them.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
PUBG being this huge, it only re-projects the PC online gaming problem to its own, pubg-sized proportions.
hackers are a problem in many online games. they have been for a very long time too.

SausagePiano

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Banned
Jan 18, 2018
They should first of all block China. Tried an asian server yesterday and more than half of the players must have been hacking.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
PUBG being this huge, it only re-projects the PC online gaming problem to its own, pubg-sized proportions.
hackers are a problem in many online games. they have been for a very long time too.

Never to this extent though, and not just because the game is so huge, it's more down to the fact everything is checked client side, which is why people can instant heal, instant revive etc, that just shouldn't be possible. I know certain elements will use PUBG as an example of why PC gaming is so terrible but it's really not, I've been playing online shooters since the 90s and cheating is rarely a massive issue.

Schnitzelfee

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
How is this any different than when Batman Arkham Knight launched on PC? It was unplayable for many "due to technical issues". "It wasn't the games fault", but it still was such a mess people chose to spend their gaming time and money elsewhere. When people are purposely avoiding your game because it is not an enjoyable experience, I don't believe it is the best game of the year.

We all in this community play games for "fun". It doesn't sound like many in here on PC are having "fun" with this game unfortunately. I wished it ran like a Ferrari for everyone, but it isn't.

Strange comparison, PUBG isn't a technical mess, it's actively "targeted" from outside from people that sour the fun for others... It's not a problem of the game not running...

And I had hundreds of hours of fun with the game before this got a problem, millions of people have fun with this game... It's a recent thing since 1.0 launched that it got THIS bad

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
Never to this extent though, and not just because the game is so huge, it's more down to the fact everything is checked client side, which is why people can instant heal, instant revive etc, that just shouldn't be possible. I know certain elements will use PUBG as an example of why PC gaming is so terrible but it's really not, I've been playing online shooters since the 90s and cheating is rarely a massive issue.
as I said, the extend of the problem is directly related to the ginormous appeal of this particular game.
all the "famous" shooters they all have had their share of same kind of problems, be it see through walls, auto-aim, god mode, unlimited this-that..

... It's a recent thing since 1.0 launched that it got THIS bad
not so sure about that... I remember reading some stats like they were banning crazy numbers like >10.000 PER DAY, before it got out of beta..
like >300.000 hackers banned back in october or something..

I play mostly on FPP, and I think it has less of a problem with cheaters than the TPP servers. It's difficult to prove that most people are cheating because there are glitches with the killcam. But yeah, it sucks suspecting almost everyone that kills you of cheating. I'm pretty sure some people have reported me for some of the kills I've made as well.
ding-ding-ding!

Last edited:

freakybj

Oct 26, 2017
I play mostly on FPP, and I think it has less of a problem with cheaters than the TPP servers. It's difficult to prove that most people are cheating because there are glitches with the killcam. But yeah, it sucks suspecting almost everyone that kills you of cheating. I'm pretty sure some people have reported me for some of the kills I've made as well.