• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
www.eurogamer.de

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla wird auf der PS5 in 4K60 laufen

Das kommende Assassin's Creed: Valhalla wird nicht nur zwischen der alten und neuen Version der PlayStation kompatibel …

"Machine translated"

According to a current report from Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla, release on November 10, 2020, will not only run in 4K on the PS5, but also with 60 frames. And full 4K resolution, as you emphasize, which you can expect. The days of checkerboard 4K should be over for now. Although, there is always a balance between resolution, frames, how nice the game is and how stupid - or not even stupid - the AI. Based on what has been played, the AI seems to be on the usual level and even if Valhalla is optically a small jump to the predecessor Origins in places, there should still be enough of the new console power left to be able to present everything here in 4K60. Meanwhile, every TV buyer in recent years has a 4K TV.
Assassin's Creed is said to draw further advantages on the PS5 from the fast SSD technology to shorten loading times and the Tempest Engine for better sound. So no big surprises, it would be bad if not.

I think Eurogamer published that article earlier than what they should.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
There we go then, both consoles running it at 4K60, DF analysis will be interesting for sure.

Skeff

Oct 29, 2017

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Until Digital Foundry or the like takes a look at it statements like these mean nothing. "4K" is used incredibly loosely. More likely than not it's dynamic res on XBX and PS5.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Everything else would have been a huge disappointment, no? Odyssey already ran at 4K30 on a One X if I'm not mistaken.

Dictator

Digital Foundry
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Berlin, 'SCHLAND
It should be curious to see where the resolution is, whether they use their reconstruction that the engine does (if they do, how), and what the settings are like in comparison to what we see on PC.

These games at higher settings are not exactly doable at 4K 60.

I suspect publishers saying the word "4K" rather often, even though it is not exactly 100% the exact same thing as 4K as we might term it.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i mean it could still be dynamic resolution/unlocked framerates on both platforms right?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
More curious to see where Watch Dogs: Legion lands with ray tracing activated on both systems

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
No real differences between the platforms, shocker.
This doesn't tell us much of the story regardless.

Might not be a locked 60 for a start.

And it could actually mean more meaningful differences than just resolution - ie XSX may have higher settings for things like LoD, ambient occlusion, shadow/SSR resolution etc.

Eg you can get a game running at 4k/60 on a mid-tier PC GPU, doesn't mean it'll look anywhere near as good as the same game running at high/ultra settings on a 2080ti.

This is still music to my ears either way. Developers prioritising framerate. Wonderful.

fadeawayjae

May 31, 2019
If both console are running 4K, I wonder what additional advantages the Series X will have to the PS5. Probably be very minimal.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
The real test is going to be the first next-gen AC.

Prepare for F4KE and 30fps.

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
It should be curious to see where the resolution is, whether they use their reconstruction that the engine does (if they do, how), and what the settings are like in comparison to what we see on PC.

These games at higher settings are not exactly doable at 4K 60.

I suspect publishers saying the word "4K" rather often, even though it is not exactly 100% the exact same thing as 4K as we might term it.
Ah high settings is doable at ultra probably not.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
4K could literally mean anything nowadays from temporal reconstruction, a dynamic resolution that peaks at 4K and/or 1440P (or whatever) image upsampled to 4K.

We can't take developers at their word anymore when it comes to this and if you are legimitely interested in what it runs at and how it runs just wait for the digital foundry review.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I found it strange anyway that so many in other threads suggested the PS5 would run multiplatform games at much lower resolutions just because the Series X is more powerful. I did and still am assuming most developers will also aim on the PS5 for 4K, it is powerful enough, and make use of the bit of extra power on the Series X in some other way.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Well, the game is far from being a graphical showcase, so good to hear that it's gonna be 60 FPS at least.

This is also a statement of powerful the CPUs of these consoles are, considering how CPU hungry the AC games are on PCs.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Oh damn, that's great. I guess that must not have raytracing then. Can't have all 3.

I don't think they've specified but pretty sure what they showed off is 30 fps with Raytracing on. Insomniac's reconstruction techniques are pretty good from what I've seen so not sure what they're doing with that 4K mode.