• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This will accelerate the use of AI in movies so that eventually the characters' faces and voices are completely dissociated from the actors.

Jul 19, 2020
Well, fuck. Somehow missed she was like this. Really hate she's kept getting roles so long if this has been going on for a few years now.

Keyser S

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Looking at IMDB and Wikipedia it does seem like she has nothing coming up after Ant-Man. She has never been the most prolific actor, but there is nothing more she is in and it has been 15 months since Ant-Man finished filming

Deleted member 12842

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 27, 2022
Quantum realm morphs her features and replaced with another actress or kill her and multi-verse her back w/ another actress. Sucks these people are in multiple MCU franchises (Black Panther and ant man) and I'm guessing more we don't know about.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Quantumania finished filming in Nov/Dec 2021, and she only went " the convoy people made a good point" and protested alongside the convoy in Feb 2022. She did however complain about covid restrictions early on and talked about not wanting to social distance or do a lockdown but she apologised after.

This Rumble thing is taking it to the next level. Just so disappointing.
She was also part of an anti-vax protest after the apology.

Disney should have dropped her after she initially showed herself as anti-vax.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
When the first Ant-Man came out I was a bit bummed that they were going with Scott and Hank (and later Janet) were older because Janet is a great character. Now I'm just glad Lilly never got her mitts on that role.

Feb 16, 2022
All signs point to her not being a major palyer even if the movie's title still features her character's name, hope this is it for her. The character's done. There's nothing left to tell about her or her story.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Quantumania is her last MCU role.

She can join Gina Carano making DailyWire films.

gilded_Pb

Oct 27, 2017
Never was a huge fan of her character so I wouldn't care if we never see her again after Quantumania.

Anyone know if her casting was a remnant of Edgar Wrights time on the first Ant-man? I know that the idea to do Scott Lang instead of Hank Pym was from his script. Honestly would have preferred a prime aged Janet Van Dyne

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Just fucking recast her. Lily brings nothing to the role, Wasp is barely a blip on the radar (which extra sucks considering how much of a joy Janet is).

Covid really brought out the worst in her.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, we know who voted for Mad Max and the People's Party of Canada last election. And that asshole Pierre will likely win her vote back too.

Multiverse Hank and Jan in the future maybe?

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
I don't have any hope that Disney will do anything until she goes out of her way to be a hateful person like Gina was.

It is interesting how little screentime she has in the major marketing pushes though. Same with Bill Murray who disappeared from all marketing after those accusations.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This conspiracy shit is so tiring and brain dead.

Let her join Gina in crazy asshole land.

Geode

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Dominic suggests it wasn't an isolated incident. He's apparently done it more than once.

I don't remember if it was on here or the old site, but there was a more detailed interview with the actor that played Charlie on Lost about it. I can't' find that one right now, getting ready for work.

Hmm ok, first I've heard of this and I can't find anything else about it. If true, Matthew Fox's career has been dead for many years. If he starts to make a come back I'm sure we'll hear more about it.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
I don't believe any partner has accused him of assault. However, Dominic Monaghan once tweeted that Fox had beaten women before.

Kind of a messy situation. Never been too sure what to think of it.

I've heard of his issues with alcohol and his anger issues, as well as being difficult to work with.

It wouldn't be too far-fetched given the above. Very messy indeed.

Sorry for the semi-derail lol.

Evangeline Lilly is the worst and she should be re-cast.

famicorpse

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Mar 15, 2019
Manifesting her death in Quantumania and her career ending right after. What a moron of a person.

OP
OP
ZeoVGM

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Dominic suggests it wasn't an isolated incident. He's apparently done it more than once.

Dominic is referring to the accusation by the bus driver mentioned in that article. I believe that's the only accusation any woman has made against Fox but that accusation ended with the woman's layer withdrawing:

On August 28, 2011, Fox was accused of assaulting a female bus driver in Cleveland, Ohio.[26][27][28] Prosecutors decided not to charge Fox. In May 2012, the bus driver withdrew a civil suit, after her lawyer withdrew and revealed that she "intentionally failed and refused to provide full and timely cooperation and information".

A messy situation all around but certainly not something that's clear cut.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
As I said in the other thread, hope they kill her in the movie. No place for that bullshit.

Glad it's just hope and not Janet, the not garbage avenger. another marveL with these actors ffs

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Dominic is referring to the accusation by the bus driver mentioned in that article. I believe that's the only accusation any woman has made against Fox but that accusation ended with the woman's layer withdrawing:

A messy situation all around but certainly not something that's clear cut.

From the article:

Over the weekend, Monaghan — who played Charlie on the ABC adventure show — launched into an anti-Fox rant on Twitter after a fan named Becca requested he convince the actor to join the micro-blogging site. Monaghan's blunt response: "he beats women. No thanks."

Becca's reply: "I KNOW IT WAS WRONG BUT WHAT?! WHAT ABOUT ALL THOSE GOOD TIMES YOU HAD TOGETHER?!"

Monaghan: "how do you know we ever did? you don't know either of us.he beats women.not isolated incidents.often.not interested."

So it seems Dominic knows of more incidents.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
People like this that peddle this kind of dangerous ass bullshit shouldn't be given a platform to grow their influence and be allowed to be looked upon by millions around the world as a hero.

But it's Disney, I won't be holding my breath here. They got rid of Gina Carano, but they very much pick and choose.