• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit infuriates me. I hate that she's been spouting shit like this for so long and people respond like milquetoast dinguses.

What annoys me most is the people I hear in immediate friend circles saying stuff like, "oh I had no idea about Evangeline...that's crazy..." are the same ones that went on a crusade shitting on Letitia Wright because of a tweet she posted. Will Evangeline get the same vitriol from the internet for spreading conspiracy theories, anti vax sentiments, etc. as Letitia did for tweeting "Idk about this covid vaccine, y'all"? Doubtful, but that's the typical reward for people who are always given the benefit of the doubt.

Fuck this lady, I hope her character doesn't return to the MCU.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
This shit infuriates me. I hate that she's been spouting shit like this for so long and people respond like milquetoast dinguses.

What annoys me most is the people I hear in immediate friend circles saying stuff like, "oh I had no idea about Evangeline...that's crazy..." are the same ones that went on a crusade shitting on Letitia Wright because of a tweet she posted. Will Evangeline get the same vitriol from the internet for spreading conspiracy theories, anti vax sentiments, etc. as Letitia did for tweeting "Idk about this covid vaccine, y'all"? Doubtful, but that's the typical reward for people who are always given the benefit of the doubt.

The issue is that Letitia Wright is actually talented and was basically in line to be the next Black Panther. Wasp can be replaced with a different actress and I doubt anyone would care. Also I am finding people are just burnt out on fighting anti vax fools.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
The issue is that Letitia Wright is actually talented and was basically in line to be the next Black Panther. Wasp can be replaced with a different actress and I doubt anyone would care. Also I am finding people are just burnt out on fighting anti vax fools.

This.

No one cares about Evangeline Lilly, but Letita has way more star power and relevance.

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
I haven't seen Wakanda Forever yet but with Wasp not being the lead, I hope they found a way to off Hope since they obviously did not recast her. I find it strange that Lucasfilm dropped Gina but Marvel let their conspiracy theorist/hate-mongerers alone.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They should just dump her or reduce her importance going forward. I'm tired of these moronic takes being given more of a platform by propping them up with movie roles. Still bummed shuri got the black panther mantle despite digging the sequel otherwise

Elry09

Nov 11, 2017
Letita also listened to the advice from other actors, like Don Cheadle, who publicly and privately took her to task for the gross video she shared

Lilly seems to be double downing on the dumbness

Clay

Oct 29, 2017
But wait there's more

I don't really get what's wrong with the awards show thing, obviously I understand why the network and Hugo Boss didn't appreciate that, but it's a fact they made uniforms for the Nazis.

But yeah, he has a radio show where he "just asks questions" about a variety of things like Covid, vaccines, etc, he's definitely gone off the deep edge to get clicks.

Wish they'd just dump her. But she's white so...

It seems like it's literally this. I don't follow this stuff super closely so I could be wrong, but it seems like that one woman got fired from the Mandalorian for less than this?

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017

Wright is also anti-trans as well as being anti-vax.

Both Wright and Lilly have shitty worldviews.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I refuse to watch anything this horrible person is in. Used to be a big fan, now, I hope she just goes away. Run to Tucker and complain about wokeness and maybe costar with Gina Carano in a MAGA movie about Hunter Biden's laptop.

JCreasy

Oct 27, 2017
iiGmNq7_d.webp

ZK3fMsc_d.webp

When all these celebs get weird, they all get weird in the same specific way — vaccine skepticism, soft spot for Putin, distrust of liberal democracy.

They all start to feel like Kremlin ops at a certain point.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure this will get the same exact backlash that the Shuri actress got.

The inheritor to the mantle of a dearly beloved actor in a cultural touchstone movie that made over a billion, versus the borderline non-present semi-love-interest in the least popular avengers spinoff are not really in the same realm of comparison

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
The inheritor to the mantle of a dearly beloved actor in a cultural touchstone movie that made over a billion, versus the borderline non-present semi-love-interest in the least popular avengers spinoff are not really in the same realm of comparison
On the other hand Wright apologized and has shut up about it ever since, while Lily doubles and triples down

Jan 18, 2018
That and black women always get the worst of hate from folks. The amount of energy that goes towards hating black women is wild. We been knew Evangeline was on this wave but people stayed mild on it. Give her that same "I hope she gets squished by a giant foot" energy in every thread like folks did Letitia.

Feb 16, 2022
Didn't they recast War Machine simply because Terrence wanted more money?
Honestly, that one was worse. Terrence simply wanted the money he was promised for IM2 when he signed on for the first movie, but apparently they went "actually, we don't want to pay you that much money after all", so Terrence walked. Now this next part's only Hollywood hearsay, as far as I know, but back then word was RDJ negotiated with Marvel to cut back on what they promised Terrence and give himself a raise for IM2 instead. Either way, Terrence did say he was disappointed RDJ didn't back him up.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly, that one was worse. Terrence simply wanted the money he was promised for IM2 when he signed on for the first movie, but apparently they went "actually, we don't want to pay you that much money after all", so Terrence walked. Now this next part's only Hollywood hearsay, as far as I know, but back then word was RDJ negotiated with Marvel to cut back on what they promised Terrence and give himself a raise for IM2 instead. Either way, Terrence did say he was disappointed RDJ didn't back him up.

That's surprising to hear since RDJ was said to have encouraged his other Avengers costars to negotiate for more pay after the success of the first Avengers.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's a blessing in disguise that her character is relatively boring and doesn't get much to do despite being in the title now. Should be easy to get rid of her.

Have Janet take the mantle again instead. :)

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I was so mixed when they casted Newton for the daughter because of her, on the one hand hopefully they can just sunset wasp for Newton who is great, on the other it's totally soured me on the next ant-man which I would have been pumped for especially with Newton and Majors in it.

She fuckin sucks

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
Anti-vax stuff was bad enough, but surely this should push Disney to do something

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
That's surprising to hear since RDJ was said to have encouraged his other Avengers costars to negotiate for more pay after the success of the first Avengers.
Yeah, I don't know why the Terrence thing is such a joke now, they reneged on him to such an insulting degree, who wouldn't be pissed?

Took a pay cut on 1.
Not only did they not offer what was agreed upon for 2, they offered even less than 1.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
I was surprised to see Russell Brand disappear down that rabbit hole, but part of me thinks he doesn't actually believe it and is peddling it for the money.

As for Evangeline, I had (naively) hoped she could have changed course and walked back some of her previous comments and actions, but she's definitely in the thick of it now.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns of Racism
So she's an idiot, and supports idiots. Is she hateful or bigoted? I'm not going to ask for someone's career to crash because they have dumb political views and believe conspiracies.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I am curious about, does anyone know of anyone celebrity or otherwise who has been down the far-right/anti-vax/QAnon rabbit hole and come back out?

I hope its possible, but I genuinely can't think of anyone.