• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017

I figured it would be then. I imagine the Japanese government is trying to make any cultural thing be out during the Olympics.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ZT6VpEb.gif

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So June 2021 for Japanese home release. That's when most of us will see it.

Nov 2, 2017
Can't wait for more epic plot developments like "no one tells shinji anything and then is surprised when he messes up" or "kaworu wears the bomb collar because symbolism instead of throwing it away" or "unit 02 becomes an actual cat" or "toji/kensuke/kaji are gone with zero explanation" or "Mari continues to exist to sell merchandise" or "wowza curse of Eva folks I'm so meta these kids won't grow up and it's really only because of themes and not at all because they're more marketable that way".

Anno is a hack

Buggy Loop

Oct 27, 2017
I dont understand, i thought these were released years ago? What is up with that numbering mess?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
Fucking hell, the wait for this series to be complete.... if only teenaged me would have known I'd be in my 30s by the time the last one came out.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
I was holding out to go to Japan for the first time just to see this movie (this was a long time ago when I made this promise to myself, I've since gone to Japan).

I desperately want to see this movie opening weekend with a Japanese crowd and will be heading there once again next year for sure (health and finances willing). June 2020 can't come soon enough!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
I wish that new girl wasn't in these movies. But I'm gonna be in Japan during that time, so I might as well go see it. I still haven't seen any anime in a theater

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Can't wait. TBH the Rebuild films are better than the TV series. Yes, better than End of Evangelion as well.

Mari > Asuka and Rei. There, I said it.

Let's not get crazy here.

That said, ine thing I don't get is the constant calling of Mari a "Poochie" character. She's literally just a European pilot that fights angels. The plot never bends over to focus on her and the characters don't revolve around her.

If anything, I feel Meiko from Digimon Tri is an example of how to not add a new character. She becomes the very reason the old characters have to do anything and they constantly talk about her, how special she is and how much they want to make her happy.

Mari is just a fighter who knows her Evangelion shit. It never ever reaches that point. You can say she's underdeveloped, but she's far from a disruptive character

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
Let's not get crazy here.

That said, ine thing I don't get is the constant calling of Mari a "Poochie" character. She's literally just a European pilot that fights angels. The plot never bends over to focus on her and the characters don't revolve around her.

If anything, I feel Meiko from Digimon Tri is an example of how to not add a new character. She becomes the very reason the old characters have to do anything and they constantly talk about her, how special she is and how much they want to make her happy.

Mari is just a fighter who knows her Evangelion shit. It never ever reaches that point. You can say she's underdeveloped, but she's far from a disruptive character

Thankfully the gross fan service treatment the other female characters were subjected to in the TV series and to a lesser extent, EoE, hasn't been done with Mari. She's a cool, tough, confident, mature, slightly berserk queen of pop fighting Angels as well as any male character could, better even.

3.33 was excellent, it made about as much sense as EoE but it went even farther in its weirdness. As long as 3.0 + 1.0 (or 4.44 as I'm assuming the home release will be numbered) is better than the trash fire that was Episodes 25 and 26, then my stance is that the Rebuild series is superior.

Jexhius

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
At last, the suffering can end. Free Anno & Free Studio Khara from the shackles of Rebuild!

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
So apparently the preview shows
New Eva 02, Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Kaworu and Wunder fleet
https://twitter.com/ACRIN/status/1152076748692967425

It's very likely to be the very next scene after the 10 minutes preview, as we know AVANT2 features Asuka and Midori (pink aired Wille girl), with some context less cuts here and there

All the footage shown is taken BEFORE the title card.

They are keeping the plot very close to the chest once again.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
It's very likely to be the very next scene after the 10 minutes preview, as we know AVANT2 features Asuka and Midori (pink aired Wille girl), with some context less cuts here and there

All the footage shown is taken BEFORE the title card.

They are keeping the plot very close to the chest once again.
3.0 did a great job of hiding stuff in the trailer. They did show a lot of stuff after the mid point but it was so out of context that you couldn't really tell what was going on just from the trailers.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hopefully we won't get the 2 EVAs ducktaped together from the preview. Mari clearly says they'll rebuild unit 2 and repair unit 8

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Hopefully we won't get the 2 EVAs ducktaped together from the preview. Mari clearly says they'll rebuild unit 2 and repair unit 8

I think it's going to happen, but it won't look like the preview.

Mari says they are going to prepare Unit 08 for the overlapping.

In the new Ultraman lore (Ultraman is Anno's biggest source of inspiration) overlapping is the term used of the fusion between the Ultra brother.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
The trailer will be released on the internet "in a while".

I guess a week.
It's a shame but I guess I can wait little bit. I can sort of see why they are holding off, since I see a lot of people on the internet saying they want to go watch Weathering with you because of the Eva trailer lol.