• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeronimo

Nov 16, 2017
Apparently, I look like a black man. These dudes don't even look alike but at various points I've heard all of them.

Usher
C-Murder
RL from Next
Scottie Pippen
Babyface
A young Lawrence Fishburne
"The Fresh Prince"
Chingy

Now I just update the list for fun.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I used to get Vanilla Ice when I was in high school and he was a thing lol.

Usually get Dolph Lungren

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I used to get Jason Sudekis all the time. I then gained a bunch of weight and now people avoid looking at me.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I'm glad Dexter has ended and just isn't that popular anymore since I used to get "hey you look like that serial killer guy from that one show" all the time.

Old Man Spike

Oct 29, 2017
United States
When I was in my late teens, I wore my hair long and got told by a few people that I looked like the bass guitarist in a band I can't remember the name of (it was the 90s, so probably some grunge band). I didn't know who he was but thought "they think I look like I'm in a band, that's cool right?" Then one day I was on the internet and decided to look the band up, and... well, he was not an attractive man.

So, yeah. :|

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
Not since I got fat. The people I used to get compared to aren't even well known anymore... so I guess I got old too, lol.

Allan houston
Jason Campbell
Tim Duncan
Chris Brown (probably the only one that's still somewhat relevant)

I keep a short haircut. I'm light skinned. And i used to be pretty athletic/toned and slim. At least that's what took away from the comparisons. I took them as a compliment.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
White people swear I look like Forrest Whitaker and I look nothing like the brother. Why can't a Forrest Whitaker groupie ever mistake me for him?

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I've been told I look like Ed Sheeran a couple times, which is absolutely tragic and just about the worst blow to my self esteem that has ever happened.

I got Conan O'brien in college a couple of times, which is less bad.

The worst part is that I'm not even really ginger. I'm dirty blonde with like a touch of red.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
I got Yul Brynner recently (had to look up who that was). I'm going more for Bruce Willis, I should shave less often.

Oct 27, 2017
I have one of those faces that reminds everyone of somebody but my mother in law used to tell me that I looked like a young Burt Lancaster

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
I've had multiple strangers tell me I look like Jonathan Davis. Much less now that I wear my hair up most of the time.

:|

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
An old lady once told me in a grocery store that I looked like the guy who was voted off Dancing with The Stars the previous night. No idea who she was talking about.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
I've gotten a few Ed Westwicks (or "you look like Chuck from Gossip Girl"), mostly from women and I always took it as a sort of compliment. Now several unrelated people told me I'm more of a Elon Musk. Pretty much ok with both.

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
I was told I looked like Shrek, then later on I grew my hair out and someone told me I looked like Maui from Moana:(

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
Like 10 or more years ago I had a couple different instances of strangers telling me I looked like John Mayer. As I was not a fan or think he's that handsome, I was not flattered. More recently, like couple months ago, my son's principal told me I look like Josh Brolin. That one did flatter me.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Back when I worked for GameStop, I had a manager from another store say that I look like a young Bishop from Aliens (Lance Henriksen). At my current job, my boss has also said the same. It's probably the tired/sullen look I constantly have in my neutral gaze and my receded hairline.

NaturalHigh

Oct 27, 2017
Couple people in high school agreed I look like Derek Wybelly (sp?), the Sum 41 lead singer.

I kind of have a nose similar to his so I can see the resemblance.

My mom however says I look like Justin Timberlake. Obviously this is more accurate and non biased.

SkyMasterson

Oct 28, 2017
I've heard Sean Penn multiple times. I think it's the eyes and the noes.

Ywk57nI.jpg
Kinda!

Also, I appreciate you posting a picture. This thread is annoying me with the lack of pics!

marrec

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I get Ben Affleck all the time from total strangers.

Someone on the internet one time said I looked like a discount Joseph Gordon Levitt, which was nice, but doesn't square up with all the Ben Affleck talk.

HalStep

Oct 27, 2017
i had an elderly couple stop me in the local town saying i was "that person off the (uk) telly",i have no idea who they think i was but it took me at least a minute to convince them i wasn't even remotely famous.