Status
Not open for further replies.

MPrice

Alt account
Banned
Oct 18, 2019
More like every restaurant should learn how to pay as well as Chik Fil La does so their employee's are incentivized to give a damn about service. But most places don't make Chik Fil La money so that will never happen. You should probably make your own food if it bothers you so much.

Ajax125

Nov 15, 2017
you're allowed to occasionally eat at the problematic chicken restaurant and still be a good person
Get that fucking logic outta here.

/s

If we're talking about their stance on LGBTQ rights, obviously it's not a good look.

....But since we're talking about their customer service - they are seemingly in a league of their own. I've never gone to a fast food place where the line will wrap around the building, yet the wait doesn't bother me nearly as much as it should since they're able to get the food out quick.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
I eat there once in a while since we got one in my area and every time I've been there the service has been great they move people though the line fast, bring food to your table and asked us if we needed refills on our drinks while we were eating. The staff is always really friendly and cheerful, unlike other fast food places.

Also, I have a gay friend who eats there as well. Not everything is political, its food.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I eat there once in a while since we got one in my area and every time I've been there the service has been great they move people though the line fast, bring food to your table and asked us if we needed refills on our drinks while we were eating. The staff is always really friendly and cheerful, unlike other fast food places.

Also, I have a gay friend who eats there as well. Not everything is political, its food.
I have a gay friend who works there.

LegendofTrey

Oct 27, 2017
Their service really is top notch. Never had a bad customer service experience there. I guess I'm a piece of shit though.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
if you only eat there a few times a year, it doesn't matter too much, fast food margins are notoriously small, they are literally making cents off you per transaction. it's a volume business.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah their customer service is the best in the fast food business, was shocked with how smooth everything ran compared to the competition.

Edit: The Wendy's by me has really good service as well now that I think on it. I had CFA a few times and wasn't really getting the hype of it, but yeah their service is top notch at least.

Last edited:

Tap In

Oct 28, 2017
Gilbert AZ
It really has been the gold standard of customer service for about twenty years or more.

I've known a couple of general managers of businesses who have taken there employees there for educational purposes.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I see we've reached the I know gay people who eat there/ I have a gay friend part of the typical Chick fil a thread. Well F them too how about that ? I'll say it again , if they were anti-Black or any other minority threads like this would be shouted down instantly.

"They donate to causes against the needs of black people BUT I know a few black people who eat there therefore <shruuugg>"

Bunch of absolute children at best in here, people getting absolutely free passes to rub it in our faces .

I have a gay friend who works there.

Hahahahahahahha

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish there was one closer, I've only eaten there a few times, but it's always been tasty. No crazy lines that I remember though.

In-N-Out around here always has crazy lines in the afternoon/evening, I don't even bother going there later in the day even with the people helping in line though.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
PDvR3v4.jpg
I DIED when I saw this. She looked SO hurt. LMAOOOOO

Same I could not believe Desus actually did it even after talking all that shit. He wasn't messing around lmfao

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
It's a little insane their service is better than a lot of sitdown restaurants. Do they pay min wage?
my understanding is that they pay well and treat their employees well.

they also wont allow absentee franchise owners, meaning you have to be involved in ownership of your location.

Amazing how theres rumors that CFA might stop being ignorant assholes and the CFA stans tripping over themselves to praise them.
its almost like multiple things can both be true, at the same time.
their service is excellent
their stance on LGBT is abhorrent. I understand this is resetera and there's little to no room for nuance, but it is possible for two things to simultaneously be true.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they got that idea from In n Out.

I haven't been to Chick-fil-A since learning about their Anti LBGT donations, but I do know from people who work there that they are paid very well for a fast food job. I think they start at $14 an hour in my area.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017

Gay rights organization GLAAD said in a statement that Chick-fil-A customers and employees should "greet today's announcement with cautious optimism" but says the company still has a checkered policy when it comes to LGBTQ rights.

"In addition to refraining from financially supporting anti-LGBTQ organizations, Chick-fil-A still lacks policies to ensure safe workplaces for LGBTQ employees and should unequivocally speak out against the anti-LGBTQ reputation that their brand represents," said Drew Anderson, GLAAD's director of campaigns and rapid response.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
my understanding is that they pay well and treat their employees well.

they also wont allow absentee franchise owners, meaning you have to be involved in ownership of your location.

its almost like multiple things can both be true, at the same time.
their service is excellent
their stance on LGBT is abhorrent. I understand this is resetera and there's little to no room for nuance, but it is possible for two things to simultaneously be true.

Loooooooool " nuance" when it's humane treatment of LGBT vs. Fast food service for chicken sandwiches.

Incredible, fraud fake allies everywhere. You even got in the lazy " this is Era" remark in too well done.

*I'm done , ignoring this thread as it's just going to be shouting at a wall for the 18161th time , exhausting

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
What are these supposed to mean? That your friends are okay/don't care about Chik Fil A's anti-LGBTQ+ donations so you feel it justifies you eating there? Eat there if you wish. No need to use others to justify it.
Each Chick Fil A store has ZERO to do with the corp that donates. Whatever that stance is is NOT projected onto the stores, the employees, or the store policies.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Are the KKK really that bad? They did some really good community service! /s

I understand this is resetera and there's little to no room for nuance, but it is possible for two things to simultaneously be true.

OR there is no nuance with this specific motherfucking company.

This whole thread is a big middle finger to the LGBT community on this forum, and the fact that we have two threads going at the same time trying to whitewash the active harm this company has done over the years is appalling.

I cannot believe this thread is allowed to continue and that people are allowed to post about how fucking orgasmic it is to eat chicken that they know will be used to fund people being treated like animals.

Griselbrand

Oct 26, 2017
Not supporting Chik Fil A is such an incredibly low bar to clear you could walk right over it without tripping. It's effortless. And yet people are falling all over themselves anyway. It never fails.

Oct 25, 2017
People get way too fanatical about fast food chains....

But I guess it's just another business people will knowingly (or unknowingly) give free advertising to

Do they have this checkpoint system in colder climates during Winter? :|

The Wraith

Oct 27, 2017
I've been to CFA once in my life and I don't understand the intense love for it by some people. Honestly the Popeyes Chicken Sandwich bodies theirs. CFA is good but not great for fast food.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
Not supporting Chik Fil A is such an incredibly low bar to clear you would walk right over it without tripping. It's effortless. And yet people are falling all over themselves anyway. It never fails.

They know how easy it is not to do. They are doing it and then posting about doing it to send the exact message they are sending. I'm not a part of the community hurt by this and even my heterosexual ass can see it for what it is.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Loooooooool " nuance" when it's humane treatment of LGBT vs. Fast food service for chicken sandwiches.

Incredible, fraud fake allies everywhere. You even got in the lazy " this is Era" remark in too well done.

*I'm done , ignoring this thread as it's just going to be shouting at a wall for the 18161th time , exhausting
Are the KKK really that bad? They did some really good community service! /s

OR there is no nuance with this specific motherfucking company.

This whole thread is a big middle finger to the LGBT community on this forum, and the fact that we have two threads going at the same time trying to whitewash the active harm this company has done over the years is appalling.

I cannot believe this thread is allowed to continue and that people are allowed to post about how fucking orgasmic it is to eat chicken that they know will be used to fund people being treated like animals.
where did i say anything of the like?

all i said was that their service is excellent. This is pretty objectionably true, given the responses in this thread and if you just take a quick look online.

that doesnt mean that their stance and donations to anti-lgbt causes isnt abhorent and wrong, and literally no one here has said that.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
Each Chick Fil A store has ZERO to do with the corp that donates. Whatever that stance is is NOT projected onto the stores, the employees, or the store policies.

If this is the case, why mention a gay friend at all? Wouldn't this apply to everyone who works there as you say? You only mention they are gay, presumably, to justify something.

I assume most workers don't care about the policies more so than agree with them.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm gay and I've never eaten there. I have fast food like 1-2 times a year. But ngl there's times where I've considered going there because I love fried chicken, but I would feel kinda dirty eating it

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I've always wondered why other fast food spots don't try to copy this aspect. Honestly I can take it or leave it and I don't go to the CFA in my town so eh

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
The fact is that their service is superior to many chains, they pay well (for what the job is), and they're extremely efficient. From a service perspective, they put a lot of places to shame. They're like the Costco of fast food workers with added LGBTQ hate. Workers at fast food places would be better off if their companies adopted the work environment of CFA. I wish people pushed for that to happen.

That being said, I don't blame anyone for shitting on them for the corporate/ownership LGBTQ stance.

Oct 25, 2017
There is an extremely busy burger place in rural Ontario, just off the major highway that has staff coming out to the long line to take orders, then payment so you just get your food when you get to the end

They've been doing it for at least 25 years

It's not a drive thru, the line is just that long in the Spring/Summer

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
If this is the case, why mention a gay friend at all? Wouldn't this apply to everyone who works there as you say? You only mention they are gay, presumably, to justify something.

I assume most workers don't care about the policies more so than agree with them.
Not to justify anything. She's never had any issues about her sexuality and being openly gay while working there. I'm going to ask her how she feels about the corp donations stuff and why she still works there. Maybe I didn't word it well, or explain it well.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017

Their point is that by buying from Chickafil you are supporting their political goal of using profits to discriminate against LGBTQ folk.

Everyone not just corporations will spend their money donating to causes they support so you have to suck up the fact that by buying their you are helping them with their goal.

It sucks but that's how it is.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
What are these supposed to mean? That your friends are okay/don't care about Chik Fil A's anti-LGBTQ+ donations so you feel it justifies you eating there? Eat there if you wish. No need to use others to justify it.

My point is Era goes crazy anytime Chik Fli A is mentioned, like people who eat there are the worst people in the entire world. I was merely pointing out that even people who are LGBTQ+ eat there and as someone else stated, work there.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE CFA - best fast food by a country mile. They have their business model down perfectly.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
The app is legit great.

My point is Era goes crazy anytime Chik Fli A is mentioned, like people who eat there are the worst people in the entire world. I was merely pointing out that even people who are LGBTQ+ eat there and as someone else stated, work there.

The local franchise here is owned by a prominent lesbian couple.

So LGBTQ+ folks even own CFAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.