• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do you think will be the Sunday line-up (in no specific order)?

• Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Smash Ultimate, & Marvel vs. Capcom 2

Votes: 151 60.9%
  • Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Smash Ultimate, & Granblue Versus

Votes: 86 34.7%
  • A Different Set of Games (Please Specify)

Votes: 11 4.4%

• Total voters

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I won't convince myself we're actually getting any MAHVEL announced at Evo solely because I wouldn't be able to get out of bed the next day if we didn't

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I need to see Max's reaction to this news.

May 15, 2019
What the fuck is the beef Mr Wizard has with the NRS Community? Mortal Kombat has never been better and this mofo dropped it like its nothing. He always treated NRS games like garbage but dropping the second biggest fighting game on the planet on the second year is just pathetic.
It might be the second best selling but it was right in the middle for number of entrants, and only above SC6 and UNIST for total number of viewers. The casual audience that might be there doesn't matter if it's not cutting it competitively. You could make the argument it should have been in over SC6 but Namco Bandai also has Tekken which is one of their biggest games, and usually has announcements at the event unlike NR.

Oct 28, 2019
No MK11...huh. This MvC2 thing seems like a better idea than execution. Kinda like the shenmue 3 of tournament annocuments. I'm sure it will be fine, but will most people really be hype for it? Probably not after nostalgia wears off.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Should have been power rangers over dbfz. And yes I know they are having their tournament tour finals there on the side stage
Man...that would be so amazing.

I have Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 on PS3 and PC, Infinite on PC alongside 2 which I have on PS2.

Never got to play the original and would love to play MvC2 again.
You know the original vs game is X-men vs Street Fighter right?

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
NEVAH OVA TIL IT'S OVA

ISS MAHVEL BABY

If they invited Clockw0rk to come back for the invitational I'd cry.

Dropping MK11 when it have 1500+ entrants last EVO is just weird too.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
If they show off a Marvel 4 trailer and it has fucking Dr Doom, Magneto, Wolverine and all the classics that didn't get into the Infinite disaster, then Capcom will win big time.

Order

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
tumblr_mxb8d98wk31r6209ro1_400.gifv

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
The Marvel vs. Capcom 2 announcement blew my mind, easily gonna be the hypest aspect of EVO 2020.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
there's gonna be some thuggery going down in the audience during MvC2

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they fill 7 of the spots in that invitational then hold a Last Chance Qualifier at Evo for the 8th, it would fucking rule

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
No MK11...huh. This MvC2 thing seems like a better idea than execution. Kinda like the shenmue 3 of tournament annocuments. I'm sure it will be fine, but will most people really be hype for it? Probably not after nostalgia wears off.

You're crazy, MvC 2 is hype AF. This wasn't that long ago and was sick AF.

Before Melee it was all about MvC2. Modern games just don't require this kind of tech skill.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
People that want a new marvel game need to understand that everything depends on what Marvel themselves want. Capcom cant do anything unless marvel let them. Thats pretty much what happened with mvci. Thats why I want a versus game where capcom has 100% control.

ZeroCDR

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But at the same time, we're hella close to the end of the console generation. And with how they're sunsetting SFV, it really feels like SFVI is gonna be coming out by the time the 2021 CPT starts. That's not to say that I don't think MvC4 will happen, I just don't think it'll be first. Here's how I expect things to go down if MvC4 is happening...
  • Between Now & E3 2020: Street Fighter VI is revealed
  • EVO 2020: Marvel vs. Capcom Legacy Collection announced
  • Early 2021: SFVI is released
  • Between E3 2021 & EVO 2021: Marvel vs. Capcom 4 is announced
  • Early 2022: MvC4 is released
Both games would be exclusively next-gen in this scenario.

It's a tough call. It seems obvious that SFV is sunsetting CPT this year, but it also seems like SFVI isn't very far along, maybe that's a ruse though.

Still, Marvel went cold two years ago. Dead silence. Repurpose MvCI, the dlc they had in the works, bring in the remaining MvC3 cast.. Summer announcement feels right to me.

whatever happens... exciting times ahead for Marvel fans I think.