• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lunlunqq

Oct 26, 2017
Original link if you can read Chinese: http://news.china.com.cn/2019-02/13/content_74459472.htm

Brief translation:

A man living in Hunan Province in China returned home from his short visit of relatives during the Chinese new year holiday. His 70 lb husky was so excited to see him again that he jumped down 20 feet from a balcony and landed on the owner's head, breaking his neck. The owner survived the crash and later woke up in the hospital. He told the reporters that he's not angry with the dog and he will just put the dog on leash whenever he's on the balcony from now on.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
alright ya'll can stop quoting this now, it's a dumb comment in a dumb thread

Yes human lives are more important than animal lives, but dogs are cute, cuddly and don't know better, so you should feel for them more than you do if you immediately dismiss this out of hand

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
That's amazing.

Edit: I was half asleep when I posted this. Oh well.

Last edited:

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Poor doggo must have been so confused and upset when the dude was out cold. Glad both are ok.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is there an English language source on this story? It sounds fairly unbelievable.

Also just saying the owner survived isn't enough. I'd assume a broken neck would result in lifelong disability.

Dec 22, 2018
I dunno, I guess I care for the average dog more than the average person.

One of my closest friends is the same. He felt worse for the rescue dogs that died during 9/11 than the actual people. I remember him mentioning that he thinks the average life of a dog is worth the lives of 15-20 people (. . . though I'm hoping that was a joke).

Anyway, yes, this mentality is bad. You should care about people more!

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
Is it bad I was read this as the dog breaking his neck and now that I know it's the owner I'm relieved?
nope, i'm in the same boat

Is there an English language source on this story? It sounds fairly unbelievable. Also just saying the owner survived isn't enough. I'd assume a broken neck would result in lifelong disability.

apparently you can break your neck not severe your spine.
https://www.healthline.com/health/broken-neck#takeaway

Oct 25, 2017
As proven again in this thread, animal people are the worst kind of people. I say this as someone who's had probably 20+ pets in my lifetime, y'all got serious issues.

Burly

Oct 25, 2017
Sure it was an "accident." Pooch knew what he was doing.
giphy.gif

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dogs are good and pure and humans are bad and dumb.

I never heard of a dog committing genocide.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017