• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A dog ain't ever been racist to me or ordered a pizza with pineapple and olives.

Dogs > monsters(people)

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
From the title I thought the owner had died and was expecting the thread to be locked on the "Why would you post something so horrifying?" basis. Went into another thread and was surprised that this one hadn't been locked yet.

Good to know that both owner and dog survived.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
So did he break his collarbone or something?

He's not going to put a leash on his dog when he can't move his arms.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Came in here expecting to be very sad. I also thought it was the dogs neck that broke. Glad to hear everyone is ok. My night is saved
this is a cute dog story with a wholesome ending smh
Uh well... I wouldn't classify 'breaking your neck' as 'ok' or a 'wholesome' ending. Depending on the extent of the injury it can cause MAJOR problems down the line when the owner gets older. It doesn't seem too bad based on the excerpt but broken necks are broken necks. Really sucks for the dude.

Sep 14, 2018
Putting more worth in a dog's life than a person's is a sign of a fucked up head.

You probably need to talk to someone if you're lightly quipping about how much better it is that the man's neck was broken over the dog's.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh well... I wouldn't classify 'breaking your neck' as 'ok' or a 'wholesome' ending. Depending on the extent of the injury it can cause MAJOR problems down the line when the owner gets older. It doesn't seem too bad based on the excerpt but broken necks are broken necks. Really sucks for the dude.
Did you not read to the end he forgave the dog and they're friends again

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yall take this too seriously. Yes if I had the choice to save a life between a human and a dog I'd choose the human.

But dogs are cute and fluffy and humans aren't so there.
real talk if you give me the choice of my cat breaking my neck or my cat dying, my spine is crackin' 100% of the time baby. if my cat died i'd be miserable, if i broke my neck i'd be miserable and bedridden but on painkillers with a cat to keep me company

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is that important in the context of a 67 year old man that now has broken vertebrae and a dislocated spinal cord?
???

They're friends again.

real talk if you give me the choice of my cat breaking my neck or my cat dying, my spine is crackin' 100% of the time baby. if my cat died i'd be miserable, if i broke my neck i'd be miserable and bedridden but on painkillers with a cat to keep me company
so cute...

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
For some reason every time I saw "dog matters more than people" peeps I am remembering that one scene from the original Independence Day where we got a dramatic slow motion of the dog escaping the blast, clearly meant as inspirational and hopeful, even though in the background hundreds if not thousands of people were being incinerated, and I couldn't help but to laugh, lol.

Deleted member 20284

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So the owner kept his husky alone and off lead on a third story balcony? Can't say I agree with that method of looking after your pet while you're away. Glad all will be ok though.

Bung Hole

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Auckland, New Zealand
I remember how when i was like 20 and we moved to New Zealand, we had to give away our Cocker-Spaniel who we had for like 3 years. We gave her away to a good home.

A year after my mom returned to South Africa and visited the people who she gave the dog to. The dog recognised my mom and was so happy to see her, she ran around the backyard and through the house so excited to see my mom she literally leaped into my mom's arms and for the duration of the visit her new owners could not go anywhere near my mom or she would growl. She was all over my mom.

Dogs are such beautiful creatures.

EDIT:

Happy to hear this owner and his doggo is ok. Dogs are just awesome.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Why do I keep seeing "doggo" here? This isnt fucking reddit.

Also, that dog is either an idiot for jumping, or it accidentally slipped off the edge and fell.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
I think people who say they care more about animals than people are full of shit and if someone held one or their loved ones and a random mutt at gunpoint they'd choose their loved one.

If they really do care more about animals than they have some mental issues.

Idk. I get sadder when people are murdered/die unexpectedly. Because I see the wasted potential and all the things they could've done. Do animals have ambition?

Yes--their lives matter. But not more than ours.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Good lord. Thats some crazy shit..

I'm glad they're both going to be okay. Didn't know it was possible for a dog to get that damn excited.

"I LOVE YOU, FATHER!! I WILL RISK DEATH ITSELF TO PROVE IT! YAHHH!"

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Dogs>humans.👍🏻

I'll stop and greet a dog that I've never met in the street. Wouldn't catch me doing that with any human.

Greet a random dog in the street in some parts of the world and you could be in for a world of bites and wounds.

There's good and bad creatures everywhere. Dogs can be annoying shits that bark and destroy property and are violent, just like humans can be terrible.

Rex Griswold

Oct 29, 2017
Did some of you post all the edge lord comments in The House That Jack Built clips on YouTube?

I'm glad neither the dog or owner died, but good lord what a way to break your neck.

seat

Banned
Mar 14, 2018
Glad the owner survived. Glad it wasn't a child or smaller person it landed on. Glad the dog gets another chance to live and wasn't immediately put down after the incident.

_Pow_

Oct 30, 2017
*Is it bad I was read this as the dog breaking his neck and now that I know it's the owner I'm relieved? *

haha, I always feel like that. You get loads of 'owner drowns trying to save dog from icey lake' stories in the newspapers here and I always rush through to see if the doggo was okay.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
alright ya'll can stop quoting this now, it's a dumb comment in a dumb thread

Yes human lives are more important than animal lives, but dogs are cute, cuddly and don't know better, so you should feel for them more than you do if you immediately dismiss this out of hand
hahahaha holy shit yeah you should feel horrible.

"dismiss this out of hand" the dog jumped off of a building and broke its owner's neck, and you're like 'phew, i was totally worried that it was the dog that had actually been the one to have its neck broken. such relief. wow.'

I am relieved and impressed at the dog's aerodynamic drop instincts.

Oct 27, 2017
Nottingham, UK
Is there an English language source on this story? It sounds fairly unbelievable.

Also just saying the owner survived isn't enough. I'd assume a broken neck would result in lifelong disability.
"Broken neck" is a broad term. Could be anywhere from a minor fracture to something real nasty. Plus they can put in metal work etc to fix that up/stabilise

Phew at the animals > people posters in here though, crikey

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I think people who say they care more about animals than people are full of shit and if someone held one or their loved ones and a random mutt at gunpoint they'd choose their loved one.

If they really do care more about animals than they have some mental issues.

Idk. I get sadder when people are murdered/die unexpectedly. Because I see the wasted potential and all the things they could've done. Do animals have ambition?

Yes--their lives matter. But not more than ours.

Pretty much.

Plus, we intentionally bred dogs to be obedient and servient to our needs. So, idiots are basically saying they love dogs, who we purposefully bred to blindly serve us, more than their fellow human beings.

Get a grip.