• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
viotech3

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
I really don't get the point of the new Murasame kit, the tornado's look cool but seem...worthless? The damage is horrible and the crowd control only happens on smaller things, so I really don't see why it would be picked over the other two.
Yeah, I'm still figuring it out. In all likelihood, it's a PvP kit which makes sense. Tornadoes are bonkers good against other players, and the module you get... well, yeah, that's just teamwipe central.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Oh they knew exactly what they were trying to do here lol

KQwDL8V.png

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't get the point of the new Murasame kit, the tornado's look cool but seem...worthless? The damage is horrible and the crowd control only happens on smaller things, so I really don't see why it would be picked over the other two. Shield nerf definitely hits Mura the hardest.
The tornado pulls in large dinosaurs from what I've seen. Either that or whenever I do see it, the dino refuses to move away.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Not a single cog to trigger Yellow Devil... checks website... oh, that campaign starts tomorrow... Really wish that was clearer in game and not just on their website, with the game promoting it, I assumed it'd start the second the update was active.

Either way, had several great matches, even fought a Neo Tricerotops for the first time. Plus I got to rock(man) my new Yellow Devil and Airman skins! Still think this is one of the sleeper hits of last year. Between the collabs last season with MH and this season, plus the map rotation getting refined over time, I still love jumping into this game and fighting dinos.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
So, when the game launched, I played a suit until I got it to level 10, then moved on to the next. Was going to make a beeline towards that achievement. I never got through it, so started that again. I only have Vigilant left, so started playing as them tonight (with my Chun-Li skin that I forgot I'd bought!). Vigilant is so fun! I do really well until it gets hectic, but I'll figure it out. So happy to be back in Exoprimal mode!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I had precisely one chance to fight Yellow Devil so far, narrow loss :(
Its an amazing fight though, first part plays close to the original Mega Man version, then it splits off into little Yellow Devils like in Power Battle/Fighters (music also changes from MM1 Fortress boss to MM3 Fortress boss - a nod to his first two appearances). I think the music ultimately swaps to MM2 Fortress 1 theme (the famous one) and the fight REALLY gets going. Its at that point when things got real tough,

Wish I could fight him again, but after playing for a few more hours, not a peep from him ;(

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nimbus Beta... definitely need to learn the ins and outs of the mines, because sometimes when firing them they don't lay as mines. They just detonate on impact.

Still like that one though, very interesting.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Fought yellow devil today once….tough fight. Won. Thankful for the current double xp weekend. Gotta unlock those beta classes for free.

Oct 25, 2017
The yellow devil is so good, I find his tetris attacks a bit confusing but it was my first time fighting it so its probably just that

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I love doing the story fights with newer players but I hate hate hate how I have to watch all the cutscenes again

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I fought Yellow Devil another couple of times... Problem Im having is finding someone that evades some of these attacks well + can damage the boss nicely. Wonder if the Murasame counter will work against the purple eyebeam of doom lol (seriously, that move is annoying, cant seem to jump over it...)

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
Nimbus Beta... definitely need to learn the ins and outs of the mines, because sometimes when firing them they don't lay as mines. They just detonate on impact.

Still like that one though, very interesting.
They turn into mines after you switch weapons or use spread shot but only for one clip.

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
I fought Yellow Devil another couple of times... Problem Im having is finding someone that evades some of these attacks well + can damage the boss nicely. Wonder if the Murasame counter will work against the purple eyebeam of doom lol (seriously, that move is annoying, cant seem to jump over it...)

Can just stand to the side of the opposite leg its firing on, it doesn't go all the way around so you'll be safe.

The last red module on Krieger is fun, the laser upgrade gets ridiculously big lmao

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
They rotate them enough I feel, I thought I missed out on the monster hunter collab but it came back and I was able to collect the free event stuff.

Edit: The mega man event is currently live at the moment.
is there a way to force the boss fight? We are seeing the gears and picking them up but nothing happens

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Asura stance with Zephyr beta is definitely my favorite of the new batch. You can get powered up so insanely fast.

Nimbus is definitely a god send on the yellow devil fight, just had over 30 rezzes in my last fight. All the punting around is brutal.

pete_clarf

Oct 25, 2017
Got annihilated by Yellow Devil. His health wasn't even halfway down before we ran out of respawns. Still fun, and the music rules!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Can just stand to the side of the opposite leg its firing on, it doesn't go all the way around so you'll be safe.

The last red module on Krieger is fun, the laser upgrade gets ridiculously big lmao
Noted, thanks. Roadblock's shield works perfect against it as well which is handy to know. Ill have to look into that Krieger mod to see what I can do to respec my characters to stand a better chance against this boss. He's a monster!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Victory over Yellow Devil! Happened sooner than I thought, managed to get a time out against him first time round (which itself is an improvement) but the second time I was clearly in a group that knew their way round a number of his attacks, and things went way smoother, basically not using any respawns until the second phase.
I used Roadblock myself, played the role of tank and basically just got in its face and pulled my shield up, so everyone else could focus on damaging it.

Last phase was still a bit touch and go due to how nuts it gets at points, but thanks to running the fight a few times already, I knew most of the attacks. Revived people 14 times in the end lol. That said... A RE crossover would be amazing!

Its an amazing fight, and if this is the last content the game gets, it goes out on a real high. Now I need that boss medley that plays as the fight is going on.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Do we know if there will be more updates / patches beyond this one? My cousin and I were playing and forgot how much fun this game was. And were kinda sad the game never caught on because it is genuinely so fun. We never want the updates to end lol.

This season definitely feels so much better than when we initially played (season 1). Having all the alpha and beta frames are awesome, creates a ton of variety from a match perspective. I hope IF there is more content in the future, we get new common dinosaurs and/or non boss dinosaurs.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
No further content confirmed. The game hasnt sold great either (you can tell by the lack of its placement on Capcom's Million+ seller list)
Im not expecting any further content, Im in the process of just grinding out the final trophy I need while the community is around (to be fair, match wait times are non existent which is great)

More Yellow Devil learning - the module that reduces your pushback is great here - means a hit from his blocks etc. isnt an instant KO. Im using it on Krieger beta at the moment...
Seems that if you use the module to improve Kriegers shield health, it wont always? break against the foot laser, still not 100% sure on that.

General note on Krieger beta - this might be my main now. Wish I could rock my Yellow Devil skin from base Krieger, but the way the laser works is amazing. That + the module that increases its firepower on full bar makes it way OP right now, melts even larger dinos. So fun!

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly if the last update is at least for the anniversary then I'll be content. It wouldn't be a good look if the game is done getting seasonal updates less than a year it has been out.

They turn into mines after you switch weapons or use spread shot but only for one clip.

OH. I did notice it doing that sometimes but thought there was something else on top of that lol. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
viotech3

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Keep in mind the old roadmap didn't have a next update, but the new one does too. There's something, but what, dunno. Unlike before the images (as noted by Mocha Joe) are not teasing anything. Or at least not overtly. I'm not really sure what's 'left' to add, since we've got what was clearly the plan?

2 maps
4 bosses (2 rotation)
20 suits
A ton of music (game has wack quantities of music)
A new mode, a 2nd new mode

Honestly if the last update is at least for the anniversary then I'll be content. It wouldn't be a good look if the game is done getting seasonal updates less than a year it has been out.
It's honestly a lot more common than it should be, so it's no longer a surprise when that's the case.

But Capcom has objectively supported Exoprimal superbly well so far, so I really couldn't complain even if the last update is a token one.

Would be happy to be wrong, but Im really not expecting anything big going forward. But hey, glad its not over just yet!
Yeah. A token anniversary update is what I'm expecting. No expectation for cool content adds, though that'd be very welcome.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
But Capcom has objectively supported Exoprimal superbly well so far, so I really couldn't complain even if the last update is a token one.

One thing which they did a good job with, in my opinion, was listen to feedback. Even back as far as the alphas, they listened to the complaints about the whole PVP stuff, or fixing map rotation over time etc. Its great news for those of us still playing, as its lead to a far superior game especially this season which feels like the perfect form for Exoprimal.

OP
OP
viotech3

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
One thing which they did a good job with, in my opinion, was listen to feedback. Even back as far as the alphas, they listened to the complaints about the whole PVP stuff, or fixing map rotation over time etc. Its great news for those of us still playing, as its lead to a far superior game especially this season which feels like the perfect form for Exoprimal.
Agreed. I've actually not gotten the same map back-to-back a single time, and I've played on every one of 'em! It feels really great.

If I could pick a change, that would be 'major' but also 'minor' in terms of content...
  • I'd change the Steel Crescent module for Murasume to a Red module that applied to all Murasume versions.
    It's so silly that of all playstyles, the right-click sheathe one COULD be cool!
    But to make it work, you have to pick one of two:

30% more damage & 2s lower cooldown
    OR
    Charging it over time, which increases damage & stuns enemies.
It would be perfect to have both D=

OP
OP
viotech3

viotech3

Jul 31, 2020
Maryland
Dang, every PvP match I've gotten into has been big sad. It's so much fun normally, but I guess with all the people running random exosuits trying to level 'em, there's virtually no synergy.

Way too many times I get stuck doing a role where I can't utilize my abilities, or if I do, there's just no cohesiveness. Did a match earlier where 4 of us, out of 5, simply couldn't keep the cube alive while standing on it... from Dinos. It was big ??? but only cus it meant the enemy team stomped us into the ground.

Just did a Omega Hammer and not only were we way behind the whole time, but we basically didn't even PvP because... jank roles! Had 2 snipers which is normally ballin, they just didn't do anything--like we were up against 2 Anky's twice. What's unfortunate is that I'm great at PvP but because of jank roles, someone had to be a healer... and then I got no support at all, so it was me vs the World.

No problems with people doing X or Y, it's just a when it's the rare PvP match since those are already uncommon enough, and I feel sad. It's a bummer to 'waste' with an unfun match--the closer the match, the better!

Also:
image.png

And we almost won too! It was so close!

EDIT:
Ahhhh, bliss. Just had a BEAUTIFUL Energy Taker match. Peeps swappin' suits on both sides to adjust, narrow-ass gameplay...

It got to 76 vs 79, and then we chopped 1 kill out just before they hit 80 so they stayed at 79--and we clinched it by grabbing the final 2 & one more kill. 10/10, beautiful game.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Played for hours tonight, Krieger Beta is absolutely glorious for farming dinos. Ive gone from 45ishK yesterday to just under 60K at the end of today. Hoping to have a good run tomorrow and get closer to that 100K target.

Fought Yellow Devil tons more, and the very last match tonight I did was a team that were so on it that we ended the fight with 27/30 respawns spare! A number of Kriger Beta's there, no surprise, but honestly I feel the fight gets better and better the more you learn it. Its dangerous no doubt but as with the character its based on, learn the pattern, its really not so bad!

Also thanks to running tons of matches, had a number of great final missions spawn. My favourites as of the moment are in the city where you basically have a wave of raptors coming toward you, and the volcanic base which has the sea of raptors coming up over the hills/volcanos. Epic stuff.

The weirdest match I had was one that focused on a few "hold the spot" missions. Only me and one other person would, the rest ran off to fight... granted I will give them that nothing ever reached us for the most part, but obviously it still meant things went slow due to the lower number of players in the area. Yet somehow we were still the faster group when it came to completing the objective... wonder what the heck was happening there lol.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Got the platinum the other month. Now working on 1000/1000gs on Xbox. 🙂

100k dinos is so obnoxious, lol

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone struggles on staying alive on yellow devil just use zephyr alpha with the gust step mod. You can turbine step through the blocks if you want to be lazy, costs a lil bit of hp. But it's really the perfect suit for the boss in general, attacks are easy to land on the eye. Then on the add phase its really easy to keep your ult up and knock all the little guys down, it's great.

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Unlockable - you just have to fight (but not beat) the Yellow Devil 5 times and you get it. Its easy enough to do if you play enough matches, you'll randomly fight him several times just playing normal matches in my experience.
i have put in almost three hours this season. not a single yellow devil fight T_T