Sklaary

Mar 21, 2020
Sounds like 1-2 XSX gameplays. That's fine. At least we have something to talk abt after

nelsonroyale

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
'Too easy'...that is one way of framing it.

But my expectations have never been that high for this event, so I am looking forward to it. Interested to see AC Valhalla at least and whatever else they show.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Totally fine with this. slowly releasing info over the next couple months is fine by me. Xbox fans do have a lot to look forward to..
EXTAGebVcAAAGTX

Release date vibes?
:)

Apr 30, 2019
I'm only expecting a few games, but I'm still hyped just to see next gen gameplay. Is that expecting too much? WTF does this even mean? They better not blow it. There needs to be a decent amount of real time footage, not just cg announcement trailers.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If info release had to be staggered, I would have rather had a steady flow of information bi-weekly or hell...even weekly but the latter doesn't seem possible.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been paying much attention to what people thought this would be, but since I didn't hear any leaks or rumors about anything I don't really have expectations.

I'm only here for Valhalla, anything else that piques my interest is bonus. Really just excited to get a taste of next gen.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
It an Inside Xbox show.
A 1 Hour one at that.

Were people expecting a weeks worth of E3 to be crammed into that or something?

Would be suicide to kill your hype when you have competition coming out the same year. Slow trickle is never exciting.

How would this be killing hype?

Having something exciting to talk about every month keeps you in the news cycle and makes sure nothing is lost in the news maelstrom.
If they did one big thing news would get lost......its what happens at E3 every year, something great just gets passed over because theres so much to talk about.

A monthly update and what ever happens now their partners are happy cuz talking about 5 games is easier to manage and the partners can start pushing more info.
Well be able to digest a bunch of their info over the course of the month.
Next month they can tease some more.
July they drop their big first party event and all of July and August we keep going with that news cycle.
Septmeber October they give us more hype with more launch titles showing their stuff.

November if Xbox isnt in your head you havent been paying attention......its a brilliant solution IMO.

THe E3 dump is so crazy I end up just deciding on 2 or 3 games that grabbed my attention and focusing on those till many months down the line.....theyve beeen games i promised to read up on after E3 that I was shocked to find out were already out, but went under the radar because bigger hitters is all we were talking about out for months.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only expecting a few games, but I'm still hyped just to see next gen gameplay. Is that expecting too much? WTF does this even mean? They better not blow it. There needs to be a decent amount of real time footage, not just cg announcement trailers.
Pretty sure they specifically saying it's gameplay video, live demo or not.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
I personally don't even care what games are shown, I just hope we get to glimpse what them TF can do.
I know a 3rd party showing of mostly cross gen titles isn't the best place for this but hopefully we still get to see something spectacular.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
So are you guys expecting games that are actually exclusive to next-gen/Series X or mainly cross gen third party titles? If it's the latter, we should indeed lower expectations.

I'm curious to see Valhalla, but also not expecting anything mind blowing compared to Origins/Odyssey.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I mean sure, makes sense. But what a downer.

At least show us gameplay from a hotly anticipated game like Elden Ring or Halo Infinite.

So are you guys expecting games that are actually exclusive to next-gen/Series X or mainly cross gen third party titles? If it's the latter, we should indeed lower expectations.

I'm curious to see Valhalla, but also not expecting anything mind blowing compared to Origins/Odyssey.
Valhalla's setting is inferior to both of the previous ACs IMO, so I'm interested to see if there are any major improvements to combat or game features. I like modern AC's overhauled formula, but probably not enough to jump into a third game if it doesn't bring a set of meaningful additions to the table.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I was just expecting a few decent 3rd party showings from the beginning. Nothing like a blowout or a big reveal. I suppose I can understand why the hype could lead someone to thinking that was going to happen though.