• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Feels like a race right now, like the Trump team has caught wind that Mueller is ready to play his hand at any moment.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, back to the relevant topic of the Cohen Case, the government's choices for the Special Master are all former Federal judges:
  • Frank Maas, currently associated with JAMS, a mediation company.
  • Theodore Katz, also associated with JAMS.
  • James C. Francis, IV, a lecturer at the City University of New York law school.
Interestingly, Katz awarded the Imbecile-in-Chief $5 million from a beauty pageant winner in a private arbitration dispute:

Katz, in a 2012 private arbitration, ruled that Miss Pennsylvania USA 2012, Sheena Monnin had to pay Trump $5 million because she defamed him by saying his Miss USA pageant was rigged

That sounds like a smart move, picking someone who it's clear has ruled in favour of Trump in the past. Ruins one line of attack.

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like a race right now, like the Trump team has caught wind that Mueller is ready to play his hand at any moment.

I mentioned in the PoliERA thread, but a podcast I listen to (Mueller She Wrote) suggested we might see Mueller deliver his report (and recommendations of impeachment) to the house this month. Though I wouldn't like to comment on how likely that is in terms of time frame, the host doesn't usually jump to conclusions like this so who knows.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Doubt he can get fired within the next 24 hours. I feel like the process would take a few days. I'm not buying this right away.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Firing Mueller doesn't even effect this case.
If anything, it would make this case all the more volatile for Trump.
Which is what made his move of referring Cohen to the SDNY AG so brilliant. Trump is so completely distracted right now that I'm not even sure Mueller is on his radar for the moment and the SDNY AG is his hand picked appointment so good luck with that smear campaign lol

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Which is what made his move of referring Cohen to the SDNY AG so brilliant. Trump is so completely distracted right now that I'm not even sure Mueller is on his radar for the moment and the SDNY AG is his hand picked appointment so good luck with that smear campaign lol
*US Attorney. (And Trump's pick is 1) recused, 2) not officially nominated and working on an interim basis that expires at the beginning of May and we don't know what will happen after that). Though the US Attorney that is in charge of Cohen's case is the deputy that Trump's choice picked and he's also a Republican.

ultracal31

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think trump cares

Heck I see Trump just tweeting out how he "fired" Mueller on the Friday then go golfing to avoid any press or meetings thinking "I said I fired him and that's that!"

Cosmonaut X

Oct 26, 2017

It does seem that's the case given how wide-ranging things appear to have become.

The Russia investigation looks like a flaming shit dropped on Trump's doorstep - his idiot instinct is to stomp on it, but all he'll end up doing is getting more hot crap all over himself.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
*US Attorney. (And Trump's pick is 1) recused, 2) not officially nominated and working on an interim basis that expires at the beginning of May and we don't know what will happen after that). Though the US Attorney that is in charge of Cohen's case is the deputy that Trump's choice picked and he's also a Republican.
LOL, Ok thanks for the (many) corrections. The AG/USA stuff is pretty confusing to be honest.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/bykowicz/status/986746094964166659

Cohen Would Turn Against President if Charged, Counselor Warned Trump

Former prosecutor Jay Goldberg says he cautioned president that his personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, could be compelled to cooperate with prosecutors

https://www.wsj.com/articles/cohen-...-if-charged-counselor-warned-trump-1524093151

I, mean, why would he?

If Cohen has any information that would lead to Trump's removal from office (which we all know he does), Trump has zero leverage and power. He would have to kill Cohen.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
If fiction has taught me anything, it's that Saul Goodman would definitely go to jail for Walt.

Jokes aside, how is it normal that the president is seeking legal advice on how loyal his goon lawyer might be if he catches federal charges, and the lawyer asked is just sharing this convo openly with the press, and the WH just confirmed it?

This is surreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.