SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
Removed for re-introduction as DLC no doubt.
Doubt it. Classic cars haven't really seen much player use for the past few years after they stopped doing classic tracks.
I loved the last game, and will most likely be getting this, but most of this footage just shows stuff already in the current game. There doesn't appear to be too many changes, at least not to the single player stuff anyway.
There are actually a lot of changes on that end that were shown earlier and in content creator videos. Two player career for example is a pretty nice thing. Development tree got a rework, personnel management and morale is more important (you might need to let them take a break for example).

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Does this have ray-tracing or not? I seem to remember it may be PC only?

Be great if this is XPA if so!

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
There are actually a lot of changes on that end that were shown earlier and in content creator videos. Two player career for example is a pretty nice thing. Development tree got a rework, personnel management and morale is more important (you might need to let them take a break for example).

Yup, plenty of iterative improvements. That and Two Player Career, Real-Season Start and Braking Point.

On top of this 3 new fracks post-launch, and a bunch of technological refinements/improvements thanks to current gen consoles.

Not long now 🙂

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Does this have ray-tracing or not? I seem to remember it may be PC only?

Be great if this is XPA if so!
Raytracing is supported in certain areas of the game, yes. I don't have a 20 series card so I haven't seen it myself though, not yet 🙂

It's not an Xbox Play Anywhere title (PC version is Steam only), but it does support Smart Delivery on the Xbox consoles.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Raytracing is supported in certain areas of the game, yes. I don't have a 20 series card so I haven't seen it myself though, not yet 🙂

It's not an Xbox Play Anywhere title (PC version is Steam only), but it does support Smart Delivery on the Xbox consoles.
That's unfortunate. Was great having Xbox achievements on PC with Dirt 5.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Interesting, is it not on Origin / EA Desktop? They're the publishers for this, or are they not yet?

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Interesting, is it not on Origin / EA Desktop? They're the publishers for this, or are they not yet?
EA is publishing this (and all Codemasters games), but F1 2021 was in development long before the transition. I'm not a dev though so Idon't know if an Origin version is planned for further down the line. 🙂

will there be a demo?
I don't have any specifics on the plans for '21, but for '20 and '19 there was a free Trial Version available shortly after launch, which let you play the first hour or so of the game.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I don't have any specifics on the plans for '21, but for '20 and '19 there was a free Trial Version available shortly after launch, which let you play the first hour or so of the game.

This one being EA, would assume it would be part of Play/Play Pro. So either the first 10H or the whole game but couldn't find much information.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, plenty of iterative improvements. That and Two Player Career, Real-Season Start and Braking Point.

On top of this 3 new fracks post-launch, and a bunch of technological refinements/improvements thanks to current gen consoles.

Not long now 🙂
I have an EA Play Pro sub so I'm patiently waiting for it to appear there, hopefully at the same time as those 3 post launch tracks.

Good luck for the launch!

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
This one being EA, would assume it would be part of Play/Play Pro. So either the first 10H or the whole game but couldn't find much information.
The official line is that it won't be on EA Play Pro at launch but some time "post launch". So how long is a piece of string?

Hopefully they give an exact date ASAP.

vlaar

Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I guess this being the first game, and the purchase came so late in development they can't easily just add it to EA Dekstop/Origin, hence it won't be part of Play on launch.

either way, day 1 for me

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017

iag

Oct 27, 2017
Will get only because the league I play will do its next season on it. Don't care for the career mode/breaking point, just wish they fixed some multiplayer bugs.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Stattage 🙂

www.formula1.com

Revealed: Discover your favourite driver's official rating in the new F1 2021 video game | Formula 1®

The newest edition in Codemasters’ incredible series of F1 video games – F1 2021 – is nearly with us. And ahead of the release on July 16, we can exclusively reveal the ratings awarded to each driver within the game.

Sorry but these ratings are beyond awful.

• Bottas third-fastest driver (92 pace) ??
  • Gasly 90 overall?
  • Lando 91 overall?
  • Russell 99 awareness?
  • Alonso worse racecraft than Stroll and Ocon?
  • Lewis without 99 experience?

They are so bad. I don't even know where to start lmao.

RXM027

Dec 18, 2020
How on earth has Bottas's rating gone up? Can't wait to see the return of "world champion Bottas" from F1 2020 becuase Hamilton and his stats getting swapped in Career mode.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Sainz comment on his ratings

9m1iqtl3yz971.jpg

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I love the picture of Kimi...

UM2jgTk.jpg

It's like he's just knocked over the drink of someone a lot bigger and is hoping things aren't about to head South.

Snake Versus

Oct 27, 2017
Pre-ordered the digital deluxe on my Series X. This will be my first F1 game and I am very, very excited. Looks great.

Nov 21, 2017
I have bought every F1 game on Steam since 2013. It is a weird tradition within my circle of friends ( three of us have done this ). I usually end up playing the yearly iterations for 50-80 hours, so I guess I am getting my money's worth, but I am not a hardcore racer in any sense of the word... Maybe this time I will crack the 100-hour mark. Anyway, here's to the release next week! *raises glass*

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
I can't decide whether to get the PS5 or Series X version.

I wonder if there will be any significant technical differences? F1 2020 had Atmos support on One X, and that was neat, though mostly limited to pre-race flyovers for an obvious effect. I suppose HDMI 2.1 features might (or might not) come into play. VRR would be one, though I don't know if that will be at all beneficial on the consoles. Dolby Vision is mostly a container on Series X. Faster load times would be fantastic based on how 2020 performed, we but can't know how that actually plays out until post-launch. I'm fine with both controllers, but DualSense style feedback would certainly be neat. I don't know which to choose!

I know this is the most first-world of problems; apologies for that.

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide whether to get the PS5 or Series X version.

I wonder if there will be any significant technical differences? F1 2020 had Atmos support on One X, and that was neat, though mostly limited to pre-race flyovers for an obvious effect. I suppose HDMI 2.1 features might (or might not) come into play. VRR would be one, though I don't know if that will be at all beneficial on the consoles. Dolby Vision is mostly a container on Series X. Faster load times would be fantastic based on how 2020 performed, we but can't know how that actually plays out until post-launch. I'm fine with both controllers, but DualSense style feedback would certainly be neat. I don't know which to choose!

I know this is the most first-world of problems; apologies for that.
Hey I am with you. I liked 2020 on PS5, but my bro is getting it this year and he only has a Xbox One S and a nicer PC. I want to play on my couch so Id get it for my Series X but he probably doesnt want it for his Xbox. Is there any confirmation of crossplay? And how does the two player career work!

sora bora

Oct 27, 2017
Hey I am with you. I liked 2020 on PS5, but my bro is getting it this year and he only has a Xbox One S and a nicer PC. I want to play on my couch so Id get it for my Series X but he probably doesnt want it for his Xbox. Is there any confirmation of crossplay? And how does the two player career work!

That's another good point, though my question is a bit different: is there generational cross-play (i.e., Series S/X playing online with One X)?

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey I am with you. I liked 2020 on PS5, but my bro is getting it this year and he only has a Xbox One S and a nice PC. I want to play on my couch but he probably doesnt want it for his Xbox. Is there any confirmation of crossplay? And how does the two player career work!
Any other type of cross play? LIke PC to Xbox? Or PC to Playstation? (Is the two player stuff just not allowed to be talked about?, waiting on content creator videos probably?)

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Any other type of cross play? LIke PC to Xbox? Or PC to Playstation? (Is the two player stuff just not allowed to be talked about?, waiting on content creator videos probably?)
There's no crossplay in F1 2021.

As for content creators, they could only show Braking Point for now, but come Monday the floodgates will open.

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Loaded up my PSN wallet and waiting for Monday just basically to confirm my pre-order of the Deluxe Edition (F1 2020 in-game discount is a nice touch tbh)