• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
www.digitalspy.com

Face/Off 2 will fix a big plot hole from the first movie

"We're checking those boxes and making sure that's addressed."

1. i bet you didn't know Face Off 2 was being made
2. I bet you didn't know the director of Godzilla vs Kong was making Face Off 2
3. Is there really only one plot hole in Face Off?

Sadly the cast of Face/Off -- Nicolas Cage, John Travolta -- will not be returning for Face Off 2, but Hugh Jackman teased that he would love to do Face Off 2 with Ryan Reynolds

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Well since OP won't do it

Speaking recently, Wingard was asked to comment on criticism that, in the first movie, the bodies of the lead actors change, despite the characters only undergoing face-swap surgery.

In response, he pledged that the sequel would "address" such concerns, with the aid of more "advanced" technology.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
YellowNegligibleAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

KillingJoke

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Why call it face off 2 if no returning cast or director? Just reboot it.

And i thought they did address the body issue. Its been a long time but i thought they did plastic surgery everywhere. But since they didn't fully replicate Travolta's character, he was able to prove it was him with his scar.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Thought of their faces being digitally mapped on the other actor sounds hilarious. Well, could be hilarious ONLY if they keep their own voices and not suddenly get a vocal chords swap in secret as well.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Was that a plot hole? I honestly never heard anyone complain about that?

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Was that a plot hole? I honestly never heard anyone complain about that?

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why bother, Reynolds and Jackman are buff dudes with similar builds. It's not like they change body with Danny Devito... save the money.

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
This tweet is from August 2020... had there been any updates about this since? I'd totally watch this.

Oct 28, 2017
Why call it face off 2 if no returning cast or director? Just reboot it.

And i thought they did address the body issue. Its been a long time but i thought they did plastic surgery everywhere. But since they didn't fully replicate Travolta's character, he was able to prove it was him with his scar.

there is literally a line in the movie about having to remove archer's love handles to make his body match castor troys.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
Regarding the first film "plot hole," I think Archer & Castor physical body supposedly similar.

Unless anyone compare them side by side naked that is...

The writers could excuse Archer's wife didn't notice a thing because both sizes 'down there' were similar for both men.

/j

Maybe.

RealCanadianBro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Y'know what? Fuck it. If its Huge and Ryan in the movie, I'll give it a chance.

I really don't need a FaceOff remake/reboot but with those two in it, I'll watch.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Where are people reading that it's confirmed no cast members from the first film are coming back?

This article says "it's thought", as in "it's assumed" but that's hardly confirmed.

Fhtagn

Oct 25, 2017
Robert Pattinson/Tom Hardy is the dream pairing here, they are great at heightened/absurd acting and they can take it way to the ludicrous level of Cage/Travolta.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Face/Off without the incredible crazy Nic Cage and one of the best villain actors in Hollywood Travolta?
Nah, thanks.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. In a movie about switching faces I need every nuance explained or else I won't be able to suspend disbelief. Please keep my face switching movies grounded, Hollywood! /s

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
It's some super early talk from the director but I do hope there is more focus on making a movie that can live up to the original and less about correcting plot holes or whatever.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
there is literally a line in the movie about having to remove archer's love handles to make his body match castor troys.
The plot hole isn't "how they changed their bodies to "match", it's "why did they put the fat back into Travolta at the end (and why inject fat into Cage when he became Travolta)".

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't call that a plot hole. Anyway, Face/Off with Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman would be hype.

thevid

Puzzle Master
Oct 25, 2017
The plot hole isn't "how they changed their bodies to "match", it's "why did they put the fat back into Travolta at the end (and why inject fat into Cage when he became Travolta)".

Travolta wanted his dad bod back but not the scar to remind him of his dead son (he got a new alive son).

And Cage made the surgery team transform him into Travolta. When he wakes up without a face he still has his body.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017

I feel the answer to the part in parentheses is that Castor Troy told the doctors to finish the operation. The other part is becuase it's of no real importance except to people nitpicking. It's not even a plot hole.

Oct 28, 2017

that's not what the quote in this article says, it says " Wingard was asked to comment on criticism that, in the first movie, the bodies of the lead actors change, despite the characters only undergoing face-swap surgery "

and that is simply not true. while they didn't explicitly state that troy or archer had fat added on to their bodies at some point, it was explicitly stated that they would be doing some kind of liposuction on archer. I think it can be inferred that yes, they both had surgery done on their bodies in addition to their faces given that body modification was addressed explicitly at one point in the movie. why they did that is not a plot hole. that's a huge stretch to call that a plot hole

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
Is it the part where they can just rip a couple of people's faces off and slap them onto the other's head?

Oct 27, 2017
Just change it into brain swap. That's both the plot and title.
It instantly fixes the plot hole and separates it from the original.

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Apparently anything in media requiring basic suspension of disbelief is now a "plot hole".

Last edited:

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The title should be Face/Off: Face 2 Face.

It has multiple face offs of several people so it gets crazier.

Curt Baboon

Avenger
Mar 13, 2018
I really don't care about a Face Off remake. Give me a sequel where somehow Castor Troy comes back to steal other people's faces and I'm interested.

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Why would anyone care about plot holes in a movie like Face/Off in the first place. Also no Woo or Cage, so like you already lost 3/4 of the appeal of this movie.