• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
They mention doing body work in the movie. As for why Castor Troy got it done, he was disguising himself as Travolta's character to infiltrate his life, he had to look like the guy, love handles and all. Face/Off isn't exactly a complicated film, how do people miss this obvious stuff? Why can't they put 2 and 2 together on really easy to figure out stuff?

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA
How the fuck did evil Travolta log onto his FBI computer? Or get money from the ATM?

At least their won't be a problem unlocking each other's iPhone in the sequel

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Face/Off is a perfect film. There are zero plot holes in that film. Well written from top to bottom.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the tech now, they really should do the sequel where they CG the actors faces onto each other.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
They explicitly talk about body transformation. The wife definitely would have noticed, surgery or not, but we've seen much worse.

Forsaken82

Oct 27, 2017
They mention doing body work in the movie. As for why Castor Troy got it done, he was disguising himself as Travolta's character to infiltrate his life, he had to look like the guy, love handles and all. Face/Off isn't exactly a complicated film, how do people miss this obvious stuff? Why can't they put 2 and 2 together on really easy to figure out stuff?

I think the argument is whether castor actually DID get the work done. We know that Archer does because the doctor says he's going to address the love handles. The question is do we assume the same thing happened for Castor in Archers body? I think we have to assume the same thing happened otherwise Archer's wife would have noticed it.

Like Did he have the bullet hole for example surgically added? Probably not, so did his wife ever see him with his shirt off?

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why even waste money on special effects when you could just cast these two?

d10b392219a21be0dbe949bb2a7e3331.jpg

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
"So, uh, in order to get you to match perfectly with Castor Troy, we're going to have to...um,how do I put this delicately? Circumcise you"

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Face/Off 2 but none of the original cast is in it? What is this? A shitty Asylum straight to DVD "sequel"?

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I don't need Travolta, but uncaged Cage is always fun. The first movie needed so much more of Cage's Castor Troy, Travolta was weak.

I don't need a sequel at all btw, but with the right cast it could work. Jackman is boring like Travolta and Reynolds could work as a more mainstream Cage so I'd give it a chance.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
You could Face/Off these men, and it almost look the same...

Stanley Tucci & Mark Strong
images

Though this is where Deep Fake tech should do it's job...
images

VeryHighlander

The Fallen
May 9, 2018
Why would anyone care about plot holes in a movie like Face/Off in the first place. Also no Woo or Cage, so like you already lost 3/4 of the appeal of this movie.
Everything you said and the fact that it's a sequel coming out like 20 years too late mean this is a recipe for meh. Who asked for this?

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That "plot hole" was addressed in the movie though, they even make fun of Travolta being a bit fat.

tadaima

Oct 30, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
The movie would work so much better if they swapped the brains (or some small part of it). A dash of futuristic sci-fi magic can make the procedure seem simple and more believable than the entire skin removal thing.