weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
No, I was actually disagreeing completely with you there and I also disagree completely with this statement. It's why I mentioned variety and that having fun or enjoying something don't come in just one way, which would be "creative Nintendo and indie games" according to your statement.
In that case I must be looking in the wrong places. I've definitely not seen many crazy colourful games with an emphasis on daft fun. If you've got examples I'd love to check them out.

Nov 14, 2017
Great success for them, hope they don't turn on crossplay between PC and PS4, I'd rather have a cheater-free experience.

Cheaters suck, one of the downsides of PC multiplayer.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Hopefully they can take all that money and invest in netcode that isn't dog shit, lol. Good for them, well deserved.

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
How much does the game cost? I personally would probably have never played it without PS+ but I'm glad a game like this could do so well on a platform like Steam

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing more and more hackers every day, sadly. Also feels like the crown currency being winner exclusive was a mistake for this kind of game.

Is it that good? 7 million copies moved levels of good?

I've watched some streams (when Tim got his first win) and it appears to be a game principally for children.

It's a good game, but personally I find some of the stages frustrating enough to just make me quit playing for a bit whenever I run into them.

Last edited:

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Released at the perfect time for $19.99, took off quickly. It's a great time, and I'm really happy for the devs. Can't wait to see Season 2 tomorrow!

Uhtred

Alt Account
Banned
May 4, 2020
Gamestat is the most accurate site when it comes to games' user base
SteamSpy and others most probably use user reviews to estimate user base which can be wildly inaccurate

Gamestat uses the same exact methodology though.... They are both unreliable, and can be accurate or way off depending on various situations.

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Gamestat is the most accurate site when it comes to games' user base
SteamSpy and others most probably use user reviews to estimate user base which can be wildly inaccurate
If steamspy is unreliable so is gamestat, they use similar algorithm. And no , steamspy doesnt use user reviews, they both use achievements scanning.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
lol no, steamspy, as bunk as it is, does not use fucking user reviews in its estimate. I have no clue how anyone could even entertain that idea.

They all just use online profile scanning / trolling.

Deleted member 23381

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice, that's insane.

I hope that means they'll be pumping out maps at a rapid pace, as fun as the Beta was I had my fill of what was available in it.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
In that case I must be looking in the wrong places. I've definitely not seen many crazy colourful games with an emphasis on daft fun. If you've got examples I'd love to check them out.
Just off the top of my head there's Captain Tsubasa coming out in 2 days, the Gravity Rush games, Ratchet and Clank, Grounded (from MS), Crash Bandicoot 4 coming out in about a month and surely a few more. The variety is there and a game being more serious in tone doesn't mean it can't be fun and engaging. As I said, variety is what makes this medium amazing.

Blue Mage

Oct 29, 2017
Portland, OR
I'm already tired of the beginning maps tbh, but I do enjoy it when I play for 20 min bursts. You just see them so much when you are bad and lose often

I feel ya defeated bean brother. Lately I've been adhering to an approach someone suggested of "2 eliminations and I'm done" and that's helped to keep it brisk and fun. Would love to put more time into it but it's kind of a bummer to never see more than the opening handful of maps over and over. Hopefully all this well-deserved success means that Season 2 opens with a solid addition of new maps and modes.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just off the top of my head there's Captain Tsubasa coming out in 2 days, the Gravity Rush games, Ratchet and Clank, Grounded (from MS), Crash Bandicoot 4 coming out in about a month and surely a few more. The variety is there and a game being more serious in tone doesn't mean it can't be fun and engaging. As I said, variety is what makes this medium amazing.
Likewise, a game being colorful doesn't mean that it actually have emphasis on daft fun. I mean, they're basically saying "I think the medium kinda lack party games nowadays so I want more of them" and then you gave him soccer, action adventure and platformer games instead.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Likewise, a game being colorful doesn't mean that it actually have emphasis on daft fun. I mean, they're basically saying "I think the medium kinda lack party games nowadays so I want more of them" and then you gave him soccer, action adventure and platformer games instead.
Captain Tsubasa is about silly football with techniques and crazy shots, Crash is a platformer full of charm with a wacky character and lots of personality, Ratchet and Clank is full of humor and crazy gadgets. I'm not focusing on the "colors" as you say, I'm focusing on the "only Nintendo and indies give you creative fun", which is false and obviously a way to discredit many of other great games we've been getting in the last 10 years. Hell, even the latest DMC could be considered crazy fun.
Don't reduce my argument to "you're only talking about colors, soccer and a platformer".

weekev

Is this a test?
Oct 25, 2017
I agree with your point and that's also my point. Variety would be amazing and the fact there are no other games like Fall guys where the aim of the game is basically to act like a lunatic and generally have fun makes me want more like it. Those other games are part of well established genres and I agree the upcoming entries look amazing. Grounded looks fantastic and results like this show that the industry is thriving which is great. I just want more daft games like this, entitled goose game etc. I'm not saying all games should be like that and definitely not that the other games should stop being made. It's when big AAA studios continue to make the same games with different skin when things like Fall guys shoes how successful you can be when you break from the mould.

I dunno if I'm articulating what I mean very well.

Scrooge McDuck

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Captain Tsubasa is about silly football with techniques and crazy shots, Crash is a platformer full of charm with a wacky character and lots of personality, Ratchet and Clank is full of humor and crazy gadgets. I'm not focusing on the "colors" as you say, I'm focusing on the "only Nintendo and indies give you creative fun", which is false and obviously a way to discredit many of other great games we've been getting in the last 10 years. Hell, even the latest DMC could be considered crazy fun.
Don't reduce my argument to "you're only talking about colors, soccer and a platformer".
My point is it doesn't actually speak well to genre variety in gaming that when somebody asked for more examples of other out-of-the-box party games, you didn't actually manage to give even one.

Like, more more variety in gaming was exactly what they're asking for, and then you went "no thanks" and cited all these games that are still in the same mould as their predecessors, even if "wacky". They could still be great, creative games, but kinda not what's being asked about?

Last edited: