• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I just came on here to ask about the PS+ version. I don't even remember it being on PS+, when was that?! It just popped to the top of my library today though, it wasn't there yesterday when I redeemed a new game.

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
Might be a stupid question but will the PS5/Series X have the same mods or platform specific?

Also any indication which console I should start a playthrough with which has better performance?

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Might be a stupid question but will the PS5/Series X have the same mods or platform specific?

Also any indication which console I should start a playthrough with which has better performance?
PlayStation mods are very limited, you have much more freedom on Xbox.

We won't know anything about performance until the patch is released.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Don't think so, it's treated as it's own thing I think. For example, I played the PS4 version of granblue rising because the PS5 version was inferior, then they fixed it and when I played the PS5 version I had to earn the trophies again.
Lots of games autopop the PS5 trophies from a PS4 imported save, I think it just depends on whether the dev programmed it to do that or not.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of games autopop the PS5 trophies from a PS4 imported save, I think it just depends on whether the dev programmed it to do that or not.
Oh right, I forgot save import. I rarely, if ever, do that but you're right!

I'm actually a-ok with unlocking some (all?!) all over again 😂
Lol same, I'll just try other builds I never tried and might play with mods, as limited as they are on Playstation. Remind me I'll need to look up a list of recommended mods for Playstation.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Bought the Goty edition on ps5 during the last hour of the sale, almost forgot.😅

I am ready for the update.

Also started Fallout 3 today on xbox through cloud. Played for an hour+, had a great time, with the small problem of it being the german version. Now the voice acting was actually good, so that wouldn't be a big problem, even though I like to play with the og voices most of the time, but I think it is the censored version without much blood and limbs getting shot off. Or maybe I need stronger weapons first.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I went and started a new save of Fallout 4, man it looks a LOT rougher than I remember lol
I really liked 4 actually, I played the survival mode and it made it pretty hard and pretty immersive
You need to find a bed to be able to save at all which is the hardest part lol.
Also if you don't eat and drink you get a bunch of debuffs, which is hard because all the water and food is irradiated.
If you find clean water from a working tap in a vault or something similar its like liquid gold

Really hoping this update makes it look a lot better otherwise I'll probably just let it live fondly in my memory haha

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
I went and started a new save of Fallout 4, man it looks a LOT rougher than I remember lol
I really liked 4 actually, I played the survival mode and it made it pretty hard and pretty immersive
You need to find a bed to be able to save at all which is the hardest part lol.
Also if you don't eat and drink you get a bunch of debuffs, which is hard because all the water and food is irradiated.
If you find clean water from a working tap in a vault or something similar its like liquid gold

Really hoping this update makes it look a lot better otherwise I'll probably just let it live fondly in my memory haha

The patch will not upgrade the core IQ from the visual side, on top of locked resolution and 60 fps.

However this will fix your problem:

1- Play New Vegas for 2 hours. Stop.
2- Play Fallout 4 again

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
The patch will not upgrade the core IQ from the visual side, on top of locked resolution and 60 fps.

However this will fix your problem:

1- Play New Vegas for 2 hours. Stop.
2- Play Fallout 4 again
haha yeah maybe thats the best idea :D

I also saw there was some HQ textures pack or something? Never installed that so should probably do that at least lol

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Oh right, I forgot save import. I rarely, if ever, do that but you're right!
Oh, I thought that's what you were talking about. It will be a different trophy list in the sense you were saying, you are right about that. But I would guess you can auto-pop them by importing, seems like most games do that. Although it often doesn't work flawlessly and you have to jump through some hoops to get some of them to pop.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
If you are playing on PC, you should really use the load accelerator mod. It reduces loading times at area transitions like 90%.

I had not played the flat screen version on PC since launch, and playing it on my newer 3070 / SDD looked and ran extremely well. But I couldn't believe how long the load time was when entering the commonwealth from an interior. Sometimes it was over a minute. Using this mod it takes 5 seconds.

www.nexusmods.com

Load Accelerator

Reduce the loading time by controlling vsync(fps) and CPU affinity at loading screen.This is expected to shorten the loading time under the SSD environment.(Under HDD environment does not

I really hope tomorrow's update doesn't break it

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
If you are playing on PC, you should really use the load accelerator mod. It reduces loading times at area transitions like 90%.

I had not played the flat screen version on PC since launch, and playing it on my newer 3070 / SDD looked and ran extremely well. But I couldn't believe how long the load time was when entering the commonwealth from an interior. Sometimes it was over a minute. Using this mod it takes 5 seconds.

www.nexusmods.com

Load Accelerator

Reduce the loading time by controlling vsync(fps) and CPU affinity at loading screen.This is expected to shorten the loading time under the SSD environment.(Under HDD environment does not

I really hope tomorrow's update doesn't break it
That's super outdated, use this instead:

www.nexusmods.com

High FPS Physics Fix

Untie the game speed from the framerate. Fixes physical bugs. Reduces loading time.Now there is a separate version for VR.

Aug 23, 2018
oops

If you want more difficulty mixed with more fun:

• ⁠The Deadly Commonwealth - More and harder enemies
• ⁠Slower Leveling - More xp required to level
• ⁠No Crafting XP - No xp from workbenches or settlements.
• ⁠Power Armor Level Lists Rebalanced Hardcore - Higher tier PA requires higher levels than base game
• ⁠Unlimited Companion Framework - Allows for multiple companions. Will cause glitches if you use buildable robots. I usually stick with Dogmeat plus three other companions.
• ⁠More Smarter Companions - Improves companion combat AI and makes them more unique
• ⁠Settler and Companion Dialogue Overhaul - Stops repetitive junk lines and increases variety of other lines.
• ⁠Heather Casdin - Fully voiced and unique companion

With those mods you can have some amazing firefights between your squad and the enemies.

Last edited:

FaultLineBlues

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Jul 14, 2020
Might be a dumb question, but does enabling mods on Xbox disable achievements? And if so, is there a way around that? I'm just looking to do some aesthetic based mods, so nothing to cheese the achievements lmao

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Is this pretty much drop the file in and go as long as you have f4se installed?
More or less. Some settings can/should be changed if you plan on playing above 60fps or if you need to cap lower. For example, the load speed increase stuff is off by default.

themidnightride.moddinglinked.com

The Midnight Ride

Essential stability and performance mods, required for any modded setup.

• In the INI-Files tab, select F4SE/Plugins/HighFPSPhysicsFix.ini
  • Change the following options:
    • Set AllowTearing to true (line 26)
  • Enabling AllowTearing allows the mod to disable VSync during loading in order to make it faster, since the game loading time is largely limited by current framerate (up to a certain point). Enabling it will NOTlead to any tearing during gameplay. This setting is also a requirement for VRR.
    • Set DisableBlackLoadingScreens to true (line 37)
    • Set DisableAnimationOnLoadingScreens to true (line 44)
  • Enabling DisableAnimationOnLoadingScreens will freeze loading screens and any overlay you use, this is intended and will lead to way faster loading times. You can omit it if you prefer looking at animated loading screens.
    • Set PostloadingMenuSpeed to 3.0 (line 51)