• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
I decided to play this on steam deck instead of PS5. What are some mods people recommend that you can get in game? I don't think I want to deal with the hassle of installing mods with the Steam Deck desktop. So I'll be content with what's available from the main menu. IIRC, the Playstation mods are super limited compare to XBox and PC.

andshrew

Oct 27, 2017
Looks to be live in Euro PS Stores:

Fallout 4

As the sole survivor of Vault 111, only you can rebuild the Wasteland

I can upgrade my disc copy, but I cannot currently upgrade the free digital copy that you could claim as part of the PS5 collection.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Currently downloading the PS5 version (Europe). You need to go the product page in the PS Store and "buy" (it's free) the PS5 version.

It's about 60 GB for the standard edition, no DLC.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
IMO the best Fallout 4 mod, by far, is Horizon. It's a staggering overhaul of the game's survival systems, economy, settlements, crafting, and combat. It's so all encompassing that a lot of other mods don't play nice with it, though.

It's so good it made Fallout 4 one of my favorite games of all time.

www.nexusmods.com

Horizon v1.9.4 (April 2024)

Horizon is a large scale overhaul of Fallout 4 that rebalances and expands the gameplay from the ground up.It contains thousands of changes, redesigned systems, and new additions to very c

Slackbladder

Nov 24, 2017
Kent
It's fucked on PC. Had to manually change the resolution to 3440x1440 but still windowed and runs at 5fps because the cpu/gpu is at 10% usage. Not surprised. Bethesda are bad at making games at a technical level.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Never played fallout 4 really. But I did a 15 min of free trial or something years ago. Started the game up on Xbox and it still has my save. Insane haha

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
Game is ready to start on my Series X but it's not fully downloaded yet... still like 80% left to DL... guess I should wait a bit :P

Fiddler

Oct 27, 2017
So whats up with the addons? They seem to be removed from the ps store. Did they get included in the ps5 version?

Yogi.

Feb 3, 2023
DO I need to install my disc version or can I just download the PS5 version?

Would like to take the easiest route so I can start playing once I get home.

I had the digital version so I can't confirm on your end. I was able to just download the ps5 version by going to the product page. I assume you'll just have to have the disc in to upgrade but not actually have the ps4 game installed.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I had the digital version so I can't confirm on your end. I was able to just download the ps5 version by going to the product page. I assume you'll just have to have the disc in to upgrade but not actually have the ps4 game installed.

Thanks. I just know I got a free digital copy when I bought my PS5 at launch, the PS collection or something and was wondering if I can get it that way too.

Nov 10, 2017
So its still showing around 40 FPS for me on PC. Is there something I am missing?

Edit: It looks like its because I was in windowed. Fullscreen runs great

Last edited:

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Patch Notes

New Creation Club Content Free for Everyone
Enclave Remnants

Some say the past is a scar, cut across the skin of the Commonwealth. Others believe it's a scab clotted over an unhealed wound. Those who fought the Enclave, and those who serve them subscribe to the latter. And when the scab is broken the flag of this old-world cabal will once more stand at full mast. Unless of course, you stop them first. Features the classic Enclave Colonel uniform and over a dozen workshop items! If you have other Enclave creations installed, some of these troops may use this equipment against you!

(Quest "Echoes of the Past" starts on the road north of Saugus Ironworks.)

Armor and Weapon bundle

• X-02 Power Armor
  • Hellfire Power Armor
  • Heavy Incinerator
  • Tesla Cannon
  • Enclave Weapon Skins
  • Enclave Armor Skins

Makeshift Weapon Pack

Whether it be grenades or piggy banks, there's no shortage of objects you can transform into murderous projectiles with this collection of unique weapons. Included are two grenade launchers, a Nail Gun, Baseball Launcher, Saw Blade launcher, and piggy bank based weaponry.

(Quest "When Pigs Fly" starts at a merchant workshop northwest of Greenetech Genetics.)

Halloween Workshop

On the eve of the end, the New England Technocrat Society has thrown a spooky Halloween gala for anyone with the nerve to attend. Drop in on this fa-boo-lous pumpkin-lit soiree replete with witches, cauldrons, and ghouls, and unlock 38 new spine-tingling Halloween props to decorate your settlement! Includes new wearables, such as the iconic De-Capitalist helmet!

(Quest "All Hallow's Eve" starts by tuning into the Mysterious Signal on your Pip-Boy.)

Changes and New Features
  • Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
  • Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
  • Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.
    *When connected to a 120Hz display, Quality mode will target 40 FPS.
    *When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode
  • Release on Epic Store.
  • Widescreen and Ultra-widescreen support.
  • Steam Deck Verified
  • 9 Free Creation Club Items. Enclave Remnants (New!), Enclave Weapon Skins, Enclave Armor Skins, Tesla Cannon, Hellfire Power Armor, X-02 Power Armor, Heavy Incinerator, Halloween Workshop (New!), Makeshift Weapon Pack (New!).
  • Added "Installed Content" menu.

Bug Fixes
  • Resolved issues preventing Japanese and Chinese users from connecting to Bethesda.net (this restores access to Mods).
  • Resolved issue preventing save data from properly loading during the prologue.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the Vault 111 Door from opening on new games.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the quest "Go Home" from advancing.
  • Resolved issue that could result in Codsworth being broken on the ground after fast traveling.
  • Resolved issue with mipmaps in DLC.
  • Resolved issue that could result in a softlock when in dialogue with Prestson Garvey.
  • Resolved issue preventing autosaves while fast traveling in Power Armor.
  • Fixed issue where text would occasionally disappear in the Creation Club menu.
  • Resolved issues with text formatting in the credits in Japanese and Chinese.
  • Resolved issue causing the camera to fail when leaving furniture after an extended time.
  • Fixed issue that could misplace quest markers while the VR Workshop Creation was installed alongside Automatron.
  • Resolved issue with player movement in some underwater areas at Thicket Excavations.
  • Resolved issue that could cause corruption within the Settlement system resulting in wrong resource counts and/or destroyed settlements.
  • Resolved issue where the "Level Up" notification would display even if there was not a level up available.
  • Fixed some flickering in Vault 111.
  • Stability improvements.

PC Only

• Resolved issue preventing saves being made under Windows Usernames with Cyrillic, Chinese, or Japanese characters.

Creation Kit

• Removed non-functional "Hot Load" button. Removed non-functional "Material Editor" button.
  • Editor IDs longer than 99 characters will no longer crash the editor.
  • Resolved crash that could occur while viewing a quest's Objectives tab.
  • Resolved hang that could occur while adding a reference to a layer.

Cogg

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
So the PS plus edition just doesn't get it huh? Jesus Sony either has a garbage backend or made a weird cheap ass bare bones deal for F4 that specifically doesn't include future updates. Both are eye rolling either way. Should of just snagged it for 5 yesterday. Sure as shit not dropping 20 on it.

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017
I just start it on PC 4K and it seems to run well.
But i've just walk around the house at the start.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading on PS5 now. Had to do some digging on product page.

A separate download than ps4 version

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
IMG-8930.png

🙃

Griffy

Oct 25, 2017
Should I install the DLC from the jump or wait until I've played the base game? Does it matter?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
So the PS plus edition just doesn't get it huh? Jesus Sony either has a garbage backend or made a weird cheap ass bare bones deal for F4 that specifically doesn't include future updates. Both are eye rolling either way. Should of just snagged it for 5 yesterday. Sure as shit not dropping 20 on it.

So it seems I need the disc and the PS Collection version won't work. Unless that's different than what you're talking about.

Was going to try and find out but my dumb ass didn't make sure the Portal was charged.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Patch Notes

New Creation Club Content Free for Everyone
Enclave Remnants

Some say the past is a scar, cut across the skin of the Commonwealth. Others believe it's a scab clotted over an unhealed wound. Those who fought the Enclave, and those who serve them subscribe to the latter. And when the scab is broken the flag of this old-world cabal will once more stand at full mast. Unless of course, you stop them first. Features the classic Enclave Colonel uniform and over a dozen workshop items! If you have other Enclave creations installed, some of these troops may use this equipment against you!

(Quest "Echoes of the Past" starts on the road north of Saugus Ironworks.)

Armor and Weapon bundle

• X-02 Power Armor
  • Hellfire Power Armor
  • Heavy Incinerator
  • Tesla Cannon
  • Enclave Weapon Skins
  • Enclave Armor Skins

Makeshift Weapon Pack

Whether it be grenades or piggy banks, there's no shortage of objects you can transform into murderous projectiles with this collection of unique weapons. Included are two grenade launchers, a Nail Gun, Baseball Launcher, Saw Blade launcher, and piggy bank based weaponry.

(Quest "When Pigs Fly" starts at a merchant workshop northwest of Greenetech Genetics.)

Halloween Workshop

On the eve of the end, the New England Technocrat Society has thrown a spooky Halloween gala for anyone with the nerve to attend. Drop in on this fa-boo-lous pumpkin-lit soiree replete with witches, cauldrons, and ghouls, and unlock 38 new spine-tingling Halloween props to decorate your settlement! Includes new wearables, such as the iconic De-Capitalist helmet!

(Quest "All Hallow's Eve" starts by tuning into the Mysterious Signal on your Pip-Boy.)

Changes and New Features
  • Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
  • Performance mode: 60 FPS target, 4k resolution, standard settings, relying on dynamic resolution scaling.
  • Quality mode: 30 FPS*, 4k resolution, ultra settings, should not require dynamic resolution scaling.
    *When connected to a 1440p display, the title will run at 1440p resolution at 60 FPS w/ ultra settings regardless of rendering mode
  • Release on Epic Store.
  • Widescreen and Ultra-widescreen support.
  • Steam Deck Verified
  • 9 Free Creation Club Items. Enclave Remnants (New!), Enclave Weapon Skins, Enclave Armor Skins, Tesla Cannon, Hellfire Power Armor, X-02 Power Armor, Heavy Incinerator, Halloween Workshop (New!), Makeshift Weapon Pack (New!).
  • Added "Installed Content" menu.

Bug Fixes
  • Resolved issues preventing Japanese and Chinese users from connecting to Bethesda.net (this restores access to Mods).
  • Resolved issue preventing save data from properly loading during the prologue.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the Vault 111 Door from opening on new games.
  • Resolved issue that could prevent the quest "Go Home" from advancing.
  • Resolved issue that could result in Codsworth being broken on the ground after fast traveling.
  • Resolved issue with mipmaps in DLC.
  • Resolved issue that could result in a softlock when in dialogue with Prestson Garvey.
  • Resolved issue preventing autosaves while fast traveling in Power Armor.
  • Fixed issue where text would occasionally disappear in the Creation Club menu.
  • Resolved issues with text formatting in the credits in Japanese and Chinese.
  • Resolved issue causing the camera to fail when leaving furniture after an extended time.
  • Fixed issue that could misplace quest markers while the VR Workshop Creation was installed alongside Automatron.
  • Resolved issue with player movement in some underwater areas at Thicket Excavations.
  • Resolved issue that could cause corruption within the Settlement system resulting in wrong resource counts and/or destroyed settlements.
  • Resolved issue where the "Level Up" notification would display even if there was not a level up available.
  • Fixed some flickering in Vault 111.
  • Stability improvements.

PC Only

• Resolved issue preventing saves being made under Windows Usernames with Cyrillic, Chinese, or Japanese characters.

Creation Kit

• Removed non-functional "Hot Load" button. Removed non-functional "Material Editor" button.
  • Editor IDs longer than 99 characters will no longer crash the editor.
  • Resolved crash that could occur while viewing a quest's Objectives tab.
  • Resolved hang that could occur while adding a reference to a layer.

Doesn't look like pc is getting HFR or an update to speed up loading times. So we will still need to mod that in.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
Native PS5 and Xbox Series applications. Includes performance and quality mode options.
Wonder if all this applies to Series S. Probably not lol