• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
So the PS plus edition just doesn't get it huh? Jesus Sony either has a garbage backend or made a weird cheap ass bare bones deal for F4 that specifically doesn't include future updates. Both are eye rolling either way. Should of just snagged it for 5 yesterday. Sure as shit not dropping 20 on it.

I love Playstation but they are so back asswards with all this crap, it's insane. Very rarely has something gotten an update and it not have some stupid catch or problem with it.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
I think this is the first PS5 upgrade I've seen in a while where loading up a save that's done a bunch of stuff doesn't auto-pop the trophies it would be eligible for. So there's a reason to just start a new character after all.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
I think this is the first PS5 upgrade I've seen in a while where loading up a save that's done a bunch of stuff doesn't auto-pop the trophies it would be eligible for. So there's a reason to just start a new character after all.

Thanks, you pretty much answered something I didn't want to even post just to ask (and here I am doing it anyway). I had like 5 trophies left from one of the DLCs in my PS4 version, was originally hoping the update was the same "client" and I could just knock them out with better graphics. Sounds like I'll just finish that with the PS4 version... and maybe start a new playthrough on Steam Deck at some point. Fallout's one of those series where I end up buying in every sale on every platform with no self control...

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Installed it on Steam. Runs above 60 FPS on a PC that can easily run it but it still feels like a stuttery mess. Frame pacing issues?

EditablePoly

Jan 8, 2018
Ouch, I have had a quick go on my oled Steam Deck and it seems that its a little broken with frame rate. Like Skyrim they removed the options screen when booting but you can bring it back with SteamDeck=0 %command%.

However the biggest problem is that the iPresentInterval=0 seems to no longer work. Prior to the update I was playing at smooth 45fps limited in the decks settings with the ini fix. But now it seems to make no difference!

Has anybody else found the same problem?

Feb 16, 2022
I owned the digital version of the game(not from Plus) and it only took me seconds to claim the PS5 version and start downloading it. Not sure how others are having problems with the non-Plus version of the game, sounds like a user error issue to me.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I owned the digital version of the game(not from Plus) and it only took me seconds to claim the PS5 version and start downloading it. Not sure how others are having problems with the non-Plus version of the game, sounds like a user error issue to me.
All of the complaints I've seen are related to the PS+ version. Might be worth tagging the person you're referring to so you can explain to them how good you are at installing games 😎

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
My PS Plus version would not offer an update, just a purchase of FO4.

Had to go grab my physical copy.

Feb 16, 2022
All of the complaints I've seen are related to the PS+ version. Might be worth tagging the person you're referring to so you can explain to them how good you are at installing games 😎
I already did, either earlier here or on the other thread. There was someone who apparently didn't know that for games with multiple versions, you need to click on the icon in the library first to see whether you have it from Plus or not.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I already did, either earlier here or on the other thread. There was someone who apparently didn't know that for games with multiple versions, you need to click on the icon in the library first to see whether you have it from Plus or not.
oh it was just one guy? and you'd already responded to them before that post? Feels kinda overkill to "skill issue" someone across multiple posts about game installs… Hopefully you were able to help them out in that original response though

Feb 16, 2022
oh it was just one guy? and you'd already responded to them before that post? Feels kinda overkill to "skill issue" someone across multiple posts about game installs… Hopefully you were able to help them out in that original response though
All due respect, I simply mean it's likely a user error issue in some cases. Considering if you do have the actual digital version of the game, it just takes a couple of clicks to claim. It's not "skill issue", it's just raising the possibility that a simple user error is likely too. Not through their own fault, but due to the way Sony structured the menu.

CloudTi

Jul 8, 2021
I'm glad the ps4 version finally now works on PS5. What was that about?! I'm not too bothered about the ps5 version. I can't see the new free content though. Do you have to search for it in the creators club?

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
The game currently has a bug on the OLED Steam Deck that limits the framerate to 30fps (there is a workaround though). Presumably they'll fix that?
Ouch, I have had a quick go on my oled Steam Deck and it seems that its a little broken with frame rate. Like Skyrim they removed the options screen when booting but you can bring it back with SteamDeck=0 %command%.

However the biggest problem is that the iPresentInterval=0 seems to no longer work. Prior to the update I was playing at smooth 45fps limited in the decks settings with the ini fix. But now it seems to make no difference!

Has anybody else found the same problem?
Yup, I was actually experiencing this prior to the update. I was really hoping the update would fix it but still the same issue.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Pretty typical for ps+ upgrade options to lag. Assuming they will actually be offering it. Is this going to look better than 76? I tried that last night coming off the show and that game is rough looking.

Not necessarily fair coming from newer ps5 only titles but still…

PSES

Apr 1, 2022
Regarding the trophies, those obtained on PS4 should be synchronized with the PS5 version, right? Because now I can't get the trophies that I got in the PS4 version since I have started the game

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 4 on the Steam Deck has the craziest frame time graph I've seen on the Deck. It's not a straight line, it literally looks like a green rectangle lol

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Aww man, for some reason I thought this was visual remake and not a remaster. But those screens make it seem like it's just cranking the old settings up and all the art assets are the same?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's 2024 and folks somehow expected a BGS launch to be anything but a technical disaster.
a56.gif