xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So - Steam Deck OLED, the 30 FPS framtime thing still exists, right?
You need to adjust the Hz/FPS slider under 60 to make it render correctly?

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm over twenty hours in a new save and the game has never once crashed to desktop. Is… is this normal? I'm so used to the previous 3D Fallout and Elder Scrolls games crashing for no reason for the longest time.

Oct 27, 2017
The mod warehouse UI is so bad on console. I'm sure there's a flashlight mod for the pip-boy somewhere in there (I want an actual flashlight if possible instead of the green glow) but nothing is coming up.

Been playing around with mods on Xbox, at one point I walked past a pylon and there was all these glitchy textures blobbed all over it, like the ivy textures had gone screwy so I disabled the latest couple of mods I'd installed, reloaded and there was no ivy there at all - so I spent ages disabling and enabling mods, arsing around with load orders etc and couldn't get the ivy to show up. Ended up firing up pure vanilla mode on PS5, walking to the same pylon and.....there isn't any ivy on it anyway, haha.

Some of the visual/environmental mods are great, for a 2015 game on a console it looks gorgeous at times. It's a real shame the mods I'm using on Xbox don't exist on PS5, much prefer the controller experience on PS5. Had a play around with the performance/quality mode on PS5 (as the toggle actually works there), definitely notable difference in distant foliage, shadows etc; looks better but it's not worth the drop to 30fps.

flipswitch

Oct 25, 2017
I ended up sticking with a lower TDP setting and 30fps with medium settings for best battery life. I'm on OG Deck so the poor LCD performance is actually a benefit ( well the slow response rate that blurs things gives it a "smoother effect ")

:)

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
So that go near cars and just die bug is even when you are running past for some reason I thought it was only when you are walking sneaking near them, wonder why that bug gets triggered it happened to Dogmeat also a different time.

Zyrokai

Nov 1, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
I found the Fallout 4 PS4 GOTY Edition disc for $15 at a used game store. Bought it! Same price as the regular version so I figured it was quite a deal since it comes with the DLC.

Never played F4 and I'm liking it a lot! Just started it yesterday and haven't done too much yet, though.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Question for Mod users, with the update to F4SE for the new version, has anyone had any luck with the re-enabled achievements addon?

So that go near cars and just die bug is even when you are running past for some reason I thought it was only when you are walking sneaking near them, wonder why that bug gets triggered it happened to Dogmeat also a different time.
Basically it's that a portion of the car is clipped into the geometry when placed, and when you/dogmeat/an enemy nudge it, sometimes it freaks out and kills you with physics

SnoopyK

Jan 27, 2018
Basically it's that a portion of the car is clipped into the geometry when placed, and when you/dogmeat/an enemy nudge it, sometimes it freaks out and kills you with physics

ahh makes sense, when that happened to me years ago I thought I got sniped or an mine triggered but the animations where bugged, I am not going near cars on survival anymore

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
so, has bethesda responded in any way regarding the messed up xbox patch? (aside from the "both modes run at 60 fps on xbox" bullshit.)

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Just fired Fallout 4 up on PC post-patch just to see, and the 21:9 "update" is...yeah, it's about what I expected.

Had taken the week off prior to this whole patch debacle and was hoping for some Fallout London time. Guess I'm going to update my Tale of Two Wastelands mod list instead and spend some time in D.C.

Fiddler

Oct 27, 2017
So i guess my f4 journey was pretty short... game just lost the whole progress i made this weekend not going to do everything again.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
So I'm not sure what's wrong with my vivid fallout landscapes mod but it's definitely working. It doesn't rely on the script extender and I didn't get any issues when enabling through vortex.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Just fired Fallout 4 up on PC post-patch just to see, and the 21:9 "update" is...yeah, it's about what I expected.

Had taken the week off prior to this whole patch debacle and was hoping for some Fallout London time. Guess I'm going to update my Tale of Two Wastelands mod list instead and spend some time in D.C.

Probably for the best. Give more time for plug-in authors to update their work too.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
I don't know if it's a case of the game just breaking more the longer I play it, or my F4SE Fast Physics mod no longer working, but the load times have returned to being abysmal in downtown Boston.

The mod worked for a bit, getting 5 second load times in and out of interiors, but I'm again regularly hanging for upwards of a minute every time I have to go back out into the Commonwealth. Running the getf4seversion command shows that it's definitely running too. Load times are starting to make the experience borderline unplayable.

Any help or suggestions here?

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Hopefully this fixes everything the last one broke.
crying-laughing.gif

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Well, guess I'm gonna rush to beat this playthrough before Monday if I can then. Already so so painful with the inner Boston load times even with fast loading mods, I don't know that I could handle going back to vanilla load times.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm okay waiting to update to this one; considering the actual content was in the first, I'd hazard a guess it'd be fine to play offline here to still get everything.

However, the F4SE dev is VERY fast and should be on top of this within a day or so.
Actually, you bring up a great point. The dev hopefully won't have as much to adjust this time around.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm on the Nope Train. Happy to be proven wrong but I feel like they would've included this at the beginning. That said, it's apparent to me that this update was rushed so if it comes to pass, then maybe it was something they had to put aside for later.

Pez

Oct 28, 2017
Please fix the map being broken unless the game is played at 1280 x 800 on the deck. :/

Oct 27, 2017
I've given up on the Xbox version. Aside from the 'Fire Support' bug which means I can't start the brotherhood of steel quests via Danse in Cambridge, I've also now run into the 'guns do no damage' bug, only melee weapons work. Had to drop back about an hour to find a save that that didn't have the issue and just couldn't be arsed.

So I'm on the PS5 version, I've lost a lot of the visual mods but to be honest, even vanilla still looks pretty good. I've got a gore mod, better water, and some others and weirdly, had no issue finding a decent Pip-Boy flashlight mod immediately on PS5; couldn't find one on Xbox at all. It's great, dynamic shadows and keeps the green colour light so it's very atmospheric.

Didn't take too long to get back to where I was on Xbox and given the Dualsense is about a billion times nicer to use than the Xbox pad, PS5 is just a nicer (and currently more stable) experience.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've given up on the Xbox version. Aside from the 'Fire Support' bug which means I can't start the brotherhood of steel quests via Danse in Cambridge, I've also now run into the 'guns do no damage' bug, only melee weapons work. Had to drop back about an hour to find a save that that didn't have the issue and just couldn't be arsed.

So I'm on the PS5 version, I've lost a lot of the visual mods but to be honest, even vanilla still looks pretty good. I've got a gore mod, better water, and some others and weirdly, had no issue finding a decent Pip-Boy flashlight mod immediately on PS5; couldn't find one on Xbox at all. It's great, dynamic shadows and keeps the green colour light so it's very atmospheric.

Didn't take too long to get back to where I was on Xbox and given the Dualsense is about a billion times nicer to use than the Xbox pad, PS5 is just a nicer (and currently more stable) experience.

Yeah, I also switched to the PS5 version and glad I did. Runs beautifully on the PS Portal too.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I just got the game into a state with limited mods that I'm happy with.

If I set Steam to only update when I launch it, I can just launch it fine via my modded shortcut and it won't update on Monday, right?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I just got the game into a state with limited mods that I'm happy with.

If I set Steam to only update when I launch it, I can just launch it fine via my modded shortcut and it won't update on Monday, right?
If you're using ModOrganizer or something like that to launch through F4SE, then yes, it'll keep working. I've been playing FO4 for a while now and it still hasn't run the previous update that broke everything. I'm waiting until F4SE and I guess now this new patch before I let it update.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
If you're using ModOrganizer or something like that to launch through F4SE, then yes, it'll keep working. I've been playing FO4 for a while now and it still hasn't run the previous update that broke everything. I'm waiting until F4SE and I guess now this new patch before I let it update.
Yeah I'm using Vortex. I just created a shortcut for the F4SE .exe and run it that way. I always have Steam open though when I do it, wasn't sure if it still connected to it. Sounds like it doesn't. I immediately updated when the last update hit in hopes that ultrawide would be great natively. I was... wrong.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
PS5 version here, saw a small thread on reddit but no where else the Overseer's Guardian and any other two shot weapons are definitely bugged or nerfed in VATS mode.

No matter the percentage, it's always 50/50 whether you will get a hit and even then only 1 bullet hits the enemy

Last edited: