• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Forget the image, do you think that the date is real and/or plausible?

• Yes, July 31 is a likely date.

Votes: 263 50.1%
  • No, if anything this will be a fall title.

Votes: 262 49.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's an Early access game, the date would make sense.

Oh, the meltdowns would be so sweet (mine included)

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
Someone really needs to tell these "leakers" that new phone cameras have a "Motion Photo" feature that they can enable so they can scroll through the moments before the picture was taken to get a clearer picture whenever you accidentally take a blurry one.

:|

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
Now with more blur (and some smudging too)

DfCGnWDU8AAokGI.jpg

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Not especially 100% believing this "leak" but I can see it coming out very very soon. July or august is very probable imo.
Prey DLC in september/october.
Starfield in november. Makes sense imo.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
If someone was trying to snap a quick photo without being seen, I could totally believe this.

But I don't.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Everyone likes to think everything is fake.

It's probably real. And the Amazon cock up gives that credence.

sad but rad

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I honestly wouldnt be shocked, theres a makibg of docu next week and they dont want anything to interrupt a hopeful clean Starfield Fall lsunch.

Keeng

Nov 1, 2017
I mean, the date on the computer in the trailer makes way more sense from an industry trend standpoint, but October/November are going to be so packed with games that it would likely be lost in the noise. A summer release, assuming its ready, could help the game immensely if it's not a jank fest..

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
"let's make this as blurry as possible to make it more believable"

I'd love a midsummer release though because I usually just go through my backlog during the summer.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I believe it. You don't do things like sponsor a UFC event this week just to get eyeballs on your press conference unless the release is also imminent.

Risev

Oct 27, 2017
I believe it.

Faking a release date for a game thats not all that hyped in the first place is pretty low-tier in terms of fakes.
"checks trailer that was posted just last week"
"Already over 11 million views"
"Millions more on other channels"
"Game is not hyped"

Sensible statement.

But I do think this is a fake picture regardless.

OP
OP

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the date on the computer in the trailer makes way more sense from an industry trend standpoint, but October/November are going to be so packed with games that it would likely be lost in the noise. A summer release, assuming its ready, could help the game immensely if it's not a jank fest..
It's Bethesda.

Still, I feel that this date make a logical sense. Rockstar and Bethesda are both equally massive that they'd hurt each other really badly of they both released their big name games around the same time.

We have the rumors of a summer and then fall game.

We have the Amazon date leak.

We have the noclip Making Of documentary out on June 12.

I wouldn't be surprised if it did and if it didn't come out that day.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Major games don't release in July. Unless it's an early access thing? Even then.

cluk

May 22, 2018
My money is on real. This is not going to be a traditional fallout game.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think it's real. FO4 was shown with gameplay and release date close to reveal.