Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
This. It's quite a task. I remember being tasked with reviewing FFXIV on release and, while Fallout 76 isn't the same size it's still gonna be a feat.

That FFXIV review for 1.0 took me 14 hours of playing every day for a week plus another day or two to actually articulate my thoughts. It wasn't easy. I'd give it a few more days before anyone starts to whine about reviews not already being there from some outlets.
Fallout 76: A Nuke Relaunched

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Fallout 76: Return of the Human NPCs

What. They didn't like the game they got and reviewed/rated it accordingly. Isn't that like the main point of writing a review?

Its funny because when critics praise too much a game the defence is usually "he likes it, he's allowed to say that!!!"

But for some reason the same logic doesnt work when critics dislike a game? Weird

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Waiting for their checks to clear? Or maybe they don't wanna be blacklisted. Something fucking stinks.

I think they are just waiting for everyone else and to gauge gamer sentiment before they put a score to it. The big review sites are just followers usually. They pretend it's because they are making sure they play all the game but I've seen plenty of games get day one reviews that should have been given more time. These days sites like IGN are so big they don't want to embarrass themselves by giving a good review to a game everyone hates so they wait for everyone else first. It lacks integrity but this is IGN we are talking about.

Gunslinger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game needs a FFXIV level remake. At this stage Bethesda can't make money off this game. FFXIV went from mega failure to second most popular MMO in the world right now.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
"IGN is delaying their review because they want to maximize sales of Fallout 76" is right up there in the annals of stupid gamer logic with "I'm going to attack Jason Schreier for delaying No Man's Sky" and "burn down the GameStop because the game I bought there sucks"

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Didn't it just get a 50gb patch? And it's a huge game? I would think it'd take a long time to digest it.

The conspiracy talk seems so strange.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I thought it was a rather poor review by Eurogamer standards because the author seems to want to play the Fallout mp game they want and not the Fallout mp game they got.

Granted their are absolute issues with the game from design to bugs, but when your open and close of the review is "this isn't what I asked for" then the game will likely never be good enough and all the bad is magnified.
I agree with him. In Fallout 76 the game has devolved into a survival shooter. That isn't what Fallout was known for.

From a lot of us Fallout fans, the shallow gameplay in 76 isn't what we ask for either.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, the amount of conspiracies as to why IGN hasn't put up a score yet make it feel like 2008 in here. Why do you need it so bad anyway? Just to have another reason to say "woof, I didn't think it would be THAT bad!"? Surely no one in this thread is actually waiting on an ign score to make a purchasing decision.

Just chill out, I'm sure you won't need to wait long to make more snide remarks about a game you were never going to play.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Okay this thread was fun until we had child like conspiracy theories about game journalist reviews. It's a attempt at an mmo, I could see ign wanting to see what the high level content looks like

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's fucking weird because this is a huge multiplayer game, and tbh a week is probably the minimum to make a review.

IGN can take a week and a half if they want. They can even give this game a 10 for all I care.

The only reason why people are claiming conspiracies is because they can't wait to see how negative it is.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's fucking weird because this is a huge multiplayer game, and tbh a week is probably the minimum to make a review.

IGN can take a week and a half if they want. They can even give this game a 10 for all I care.

The only reason why people are claiming conspiracies is because they can't wait to see how negative it is.

Yeah. People just want to see a low number. Most of them won't care to read the review.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
"bad" though, i'm finding it's a game that's objectively better than a lot else out there yet the reviewers don't reflect on that. the glitches will be ironed out, what makes this any different to skyrim which is a game people love?

Love the positivity in your comments! Seriously.

Until the whole - "the glitches will be ironed out, what makes this any different to Skyrim which is a game people love?" rhetoric... which is why developers feel that they can get away with it now. Did Skyrim get better? Yep. Does that mean its OK to give professionals a pass on quality control? Not in my opinion.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm finding it's a game that's objectively better than a lot else out there yet the reviewers don't reflect on that.
Because they don't agree with that and think it's a bad game... period.

There pretty much is no story. Just a bunch of fetch quests and a endless grind. Oh, and Skyrim Dragons reskinned as a big bat.
The fact that the end-game is a skyrim dragon is just the final nail in this game's coffin. These types of online games live and die by their end-game, and this is the least compelling example of that I've ever seen.

Spider-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IGN has put out two review in progress updates, one yesterday when the patch hit as well.

They are not happy with it in the slightest, so even without actual reviews the impressions are not good.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
76 feels like the logical end point for the direction Bethesda's quest design and game design in general has been taking in Skyrim and Fallout. Namely, stripping out interesting elements one by one until all that's left is systems. Unfortunately, they didn't realise that it's not the few core systems that make the games fun, it's the content built around them.

CozMick

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. People just want to see a low number. Most of them won't care to read the review.

Bethesda have spent the good part of 10 years releasing broken shit and media sites have spent almost as long patting them on their backs saying "good 'ol Bethesda hehe, 10 out of 10"

Karma is a bitch.

Is it any wonder I'm having my suspicions/tinfoil hat moment?

Deleted member 1589

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda have spent the good part of 10 years releasing broken shit and media sites have spent almost as long patting them on their backs saying "good 'ol Bethesda hehe, 10 out of 10"

Karma is a bitch.

Except you know, most of them are fun despite being broken.

I have fond memories of Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Broken as fuck in some parts, but the content makes up for it.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
Not to derail the thread, but I always wondered something about IGN.

What's the story behind the "No Enough Water" meme when it comes to IGN reviews?

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Yes. Because you have an agenda.

You "applauded" Eurogamer for their review because it was negative but because IGN is still working on theirs, despite Eurogamer taking six days, you're creating baseless conspiracy theories.

This is exactly how large online games like this should be reviewed -- just as Destiny games should not have a score until a couple weeks after it releases. IGN is updating people on the review progress.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
76 feels like the logical end point for the direction Bethesda's quest design and game design in general has been taking in Skyrim and Fallout. Namely, stripping out interesting elements one by one until all that's left is systems. Unfortunately, they didn't realise that it's not the few core systems that make the games fun, it's the content built around them.
This is how I feel AAA "RPGs" "Evolved" in general. BioWare and Ubisoft games. Granted Assassin's Creed wasn't really an RPG but basically it seems in 2018 an RPG can be called an RPG as long as it has an open world and crafting. It's fucking lame. Give me branching dialogue trees that matter and stats to micromanage and not streamlined bullshit and not fetch-quests as the only means of doing optional things.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not to derail the thread, but I always wondered something about IGN.

What's the story behind the "No Enough Water" meme when it comes to IGN reviews?

They gave Pokemon ORAS a lower than usual score and one of the negatives was 'too much water'. Fans jumped on it and it's been a meme ever since, even being referenced in Pokemon Sun and Moon by Nintendo themselves.

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
I dont think any major outlet wants to put out a scathing review and get singled out for it. As soon as one gets posted, they will avalanche in

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
The people spouting review conspiracy theories are probably the same people that get upset if a reviewer doesn't beat a game or plays the end game. The IGN reviewer said he just got to the end game which he wanted to try out. If this was a good game, people would be happy that the reviewer would be this thorough. But since it's a game you want to shit on on the internet, it's now a conspiracy.