Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the player base is scattered best way is to add them in game and do discord. You need anything my mules are packed

Generous community is generous. I'm at such a weird stage in the game where I need relatively basic stuff like ammo and copies of guns I can scrap so I can actually build versions I want (like even just 1 normal ass Gauss Rifle to scrap). But my bank is jammed full of cruddy legendaries that I can't grind up quick enough to save space. But I also can't just give them away or sell them for caps since I need the resources to roll things I actually want to use lol.

I wish you could scrap legendary items at your workbenches, even if it just gave the normal amount of resources. I just want to unlock the mods T_T.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Generous community is generous. I'm at such a weird stage in the game where I need relatively basic stuff like ammo and copies of guns I can scrap so I can actually build versions I want (like even just 1 normal ass Gauss Rifle to scrap). But my bank is jammed full of cruddy legendaries that I can't grind up quick enough to save space. But I also can't just give them away or sell them for caps since I need the resources to roll things I actually want to use lol.

I wish you could scrap legendary items at your workbenches, even if it just gave the normal amount of resources. I just want to unlock the mods T_T.

I hoard everything, including plans. Let me know

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I was able to complete the spring cleaning event by visiting the Garraham estate. 5 soap, 3 brooms, 5 abroxo. I might have picked up one or two elsewhere but it was close to all there.

I really wish they would stop making these things not work with power armor. I always feel penalized for wearing power armor.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
They respawn a lot, when a server respwwns. Those resources are more taken by noobs though.

If you find it hard to find stems (because you end up back in the same server), server hop. Best way is just block someone on a server that tried to hop from. It will force a new server when you hop next time

Speaking of servers i can't believe it when i load in and my camp can't spawn because someone's taken my spot, on this hugeeeee goddamn map haha. I normally go to a different server when that happens.

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
just log in again today after few days, alien event is still packed im shocked lmao

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
I was able to complete the spring cleaning event by visiting the Garraham estate. 5 soap, 3 brooms, 5 abroxo. I might have picked up one or two elsewhere but it was close to all there.

I really wish they would stop making these things not work with power armor. I always feel penalized for wearing power armor.

Great tip here. I was able to complete the event quite easily going here. Thanks!

Scottish Sin

Chicken Chaser
Nov 12, 2017
Scotland
I believe I'm only missing the alien blaster plan and the Hazmat suit. At least the duplicate plans always sell pretty well at my vendor.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping to get some feedback on my fiddling. I think I want my second build to be Power Armor/Heavy Guns with full health rather than do the bloodied thing. Just a walking tank shooting what will (probably) be a Gatling Plasma. What's linked is basically what I think the floor of the build would be.

Some notes: I'd probably take the legendary perks for matched sets giving fire resist and poison resist, then pick SPECIAL boosts and maybe master infiltrator to round out the set. I imagine Power Patcher in Int is probably up for debate. I don't feel like my Hellcat set takes that much damage as it is. I get in it in for basically every op and event even though I'm not specced specifically for it and it holds up well. So maybe those points could be used for another perk in Int or shuffled elsewhere (like to Agi to bring Adrenaline up) to better round things out.

Mutations are mostly just for funsies/QOL, though I'm unsure if the negative of Speed Demon runs too counter to what else I have going on. I was thinking armor pen or gourmand for the gun. Not really sure what translates to better dps. But Vampire might negate the need for the healing factor mutation? Not really sure there and I don't have a surplus of rerolls right now anyway. PA rolls would be overeater, resist/AP regen/Glutton, and Sentinel.

I know I could just google/youtube a build, but it has been kind of fun to mess with it.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Hoping to get some feedback on my fiddling. I think I want my second build to be Power Armor/Heavy Guns with full health rather than do the bloodied thing. Just a walking tank shooting what will (probably) be a Gatling Plasma. What's linked is basically what I think the floor of the build would be.

Some notes: I'd probably take the legendary perks for matched sets giving fire resist and poison resist, then pick SPECIAL boosts and maybe master infiltrator to round out the set. I imagine Power Patcher in Int is probably up for debate. I don't feel like my Hellcat set takes that much damage as it is. I get in it in for basically every op and event even though I'm not specced specifically for it and it holds up well. So maybe those points could be used for another perk in Int or shuffled elsewhere (like to Agi to bring Adrenaline up) to better round things out.

Mutations are mostly just for funsies/QOL, though I'm unsure if the negative of Speed Demon runs too counter to what else I have going on. I was thinking armor pen or gourmand for the gun. Not really sure what translates to better dps. But Vampire might negate the need for the healing factor mutation? Not really sure there and I don't have a surplus of rerolls right now anyway. PA rolls would be overeater, resist/AP regen/Glutton, and Sentinel.

I know I could just google/youtube a build, but it has been kind of fun to mess with it.

I would lose Bullet Shield in favor of either traveling pharmacy or Blocker. Power Armor Resistance is so high there will be nearly no noticable effect for that perk. Blocker is kind of OP. It blocks a lot of melee damage.

I would trade life giver for fire proof personally but that is just me.

I wouldn't carry around wasteland whisperer. If you want to tame a pet or something just equip it then. I would choose tenderizor instead.

Yeah Power Patcher is really not needed. Power Armor takes FOREVER to break.

In agility even though you won't be using vats much, I still use it, and you're going to want gun fu.

If you have extra points might want to consider bloody mess in Luck. But up to you.

Mutations are really powerful IMO. I personally consider them necessary for me. I would also consider Egg Head, Herd Mentality, Bird Bones, Empath.

You have rank 3 off class freak. There are virtually no negative effects of mutations with that equipped, well not anything meaningful.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I would lose Bullet Shield in favor of either traveling pharmacy or Blocker. Power Armor Resistance is so high there will be nearly no noticable effect for that perk. Blocker is kind of OP. It blocks a lot of melee damage.

I would trade life giver for fire proof personally but that is just me.

I wouldn't carry around wasteland whisperer. If you want to tame a pet or something just equip it then. I would choose tenderizor instead.

Yeah Power Patcher is really not needed. Power Armor takes FOREVER to break.

In agility even though you won't be using vats much, I still use it, and you're going to want gun fu.

If you have extra points might want to consider bloody mess in Luck. But up to you.

Mutations are really powerful IMO. I personally consider them necessary for me. I would also consider Egg Head, Herd Mentality, Bird Bones, Empath.

You have rank 3 off class freak. There are virtually no negative effects of mutations with that equipped, well not anything meaningful.

Wasteland Whispered was 100% supposed to be tenderizer lol. Agi was likely one I'd boost with a legendary, so I could shuffle to get gun fu on earlier. Bloody mess is suppose to be in luck since it's just more damage. I was juggling so many tabs maybe I just linked the wrong one lol.

Appreciate the feedback! :)

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Wasteland Whispered was 100% supposed to be tenderizer lol. Agi was likely one I'd boost with a legendary, so I could shuffle to get gun fu on earlier. Bloody mess is suppose to be in luck since it's just more damage. I was juggling so many tabs maybe I just linked the wrong one lol.

Appreciate the feedback! :)
No prob. You have a solid build there. Don't forget electric Absorption on legendary if you don't already have it. It is stupid OP.

Oct 27, 2017
That's a nice build
Here's my heavy gunner armor build
My Fallout 76 character build https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...71a03l22l71ls2lg0lt2lu2&lp=x52x83x43x63xp3xd3 #Fallout76 #Fallout https://nukesdragons.com/fallout-76...71a03l22l71ls2lg0lt2lu2&lp=x52x83x43x63xp3xd3

It's not as efficient as it could be but with vampire weapons I'm basically immortal. My mains are a Vamp/explosive/-90% weight .50 cal, vanilla Holy Fire and a Vamp/40% power attack/50% breaks slower chainsaw.
I'm on Xbox if you need some vampire weapons, I've got a couple of miniguns and some medium quality Vamp chainsaws. I also run a full set of Overeaters Union Power Armor

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Glad I have a reasonable handle on things. I really appreciate the feedback, all :)

I think I'm still missing some basic perk cards to get it up and running. But by 100 I'm pretty sure I should have everything non legendary I need at an appropriate level. Rolling weapons and PA parts and getting the legendary perks up there will be longer term projects. I find the PA/Heavy style really fun, even with basically no beneficial perks to support it. I'm super excited to get this going.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Glad I have a reasonable handle on things. I really appreciate the feedback, all :)

I think I'm still missing some basic perk cards to get it up and running. But by 100 I'm pretty sure I should have everything non legendary I need at an appropriate level. Rolling weapons and PA parts and getting the legendary perks up there will be longer term projects. I find the PA/Heavy style really fun, even with basically no beneficial perks to support it. I'm super excited to get this going.
Oh yeah I forgot Gunsmith. While not required, the gat plas does break quickly.

Also don't forget to prime your gat plas. Since you're not doing bloodied, maybe antiarmor and frequent fire rate legendaries on the gat plas if you can get them.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah I forgot Gunsmith. While not required, the gat plas does break quickly.

Also don't forget to prime your gat plas. Since you're not doing bloodied, maybe antiarmor and frequent fire rate legendaries on the gat plas if you can get them.

I run gunsmith now and it is really nice. I'll have to get creative to get it on. Maybe I can drop batteries included to start and get a mid-leveled one on the build. Then take the legendary int perk to max it and bring batteries included back to the build.

Maybe something like this as my baseline. And then go up from there.

Last edited:

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
So I play on xbox, now the platform going scorched earth I lost my motivation to play lmao

I want to start over on pc but what about all the atom furnitures and tons scraps I collected :') so lazy collect themb ack

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So I have a set of SS unyielding. What else can I wear?

I literally have the same weight limit as I was in PA but I have died more in the last hour I played this morning then I ever have in 300+ hours.

Also keep in mind I got Nerd Rage going but only other thing I have on is the birthday suit with birthday hat.

If anybody wants to help me figure things out in line for hours on PC hit me up.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
So I have a set of SS unyielding. What else can I wear?

I literally have the same weight limit as I was in PA but I have died more in the last hour I played this morning then I ever have in 300+ hours.

Also keep in mind I got Nerd Rage going but only other thing I have on is the birthday suit with birthday hat.

If anybody wants to help me figure things out in line for hours on PC hit me up.

So your doing a new bloody build? I assume you have dodgy and serendipity+ricochet to avoid damage on top of life giver so that your low% health is worth more? They are all required because of the synergy from all the special gains. The simple solution is to be using a vampire weapon so you are always regening what does get through, not actually tanking. There are various AP refreshing items you basically spam so dodgy is always proccing on top of food for the END you don't actually gain from unyielding.

High DR is a trap. It makes most open world things tickle you, but they were never a threat since those kind of enemies die in so few hits anyway. High DR means nothing against the tough mobs that actually hit hard because the difference of 400 vs 600 DR is so minor.

Sticking to power armor is probably for the best. That huge innate damage reduction per piece is by far more effective than what any armor piece can give you.

I have never liked bloodied build because of the prep required to make them work.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I run gunsmith now and it is really nice. I'll have to get creative to get it on. Maybe I can drop batteries included to start and get a mid-leveled one on the build. Then take the legendary int perk to max it and bring batteries included back to the build.

Maybe something like this as my baseline. And then go up from there.

When you reach endgame, you come to realize what actually matters and start prioritizing from there. The amount of people who still have on lock picking or hacking skills long after completing the story is wild. You never use them again.

Even damage perks should not be a priority for quality of life stuff like batteries included. Doing rank one on 3 damage perks is better than getting one card higher as the 5% typically amounts to a tiny single digit difference that doesn't change how many bullets something takes to die because it's only effecting the BASE damage of a weapon and is not multiplicative with every other bonus.

Rocking white knight/gunsmith and lucky break/luck of the draw has meant my slow gain of free repair kits has VASTLY outpaced my need to actually repair things after hundreds of hours. Recognizing perks like that is crucial because there are so many that ultimately have so little effect on how you play

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
When you reach endgame, you come to realize what actually matters and start prioritizing from there. The amount of people who still have on lock picking or hacking skills long after completing the story is wild. You never use them again.
Oh man you have no idea how common this issue is I have been helping out people with their builds so many times over the years and I have seen this a lot.

Rocking white knight/gunsmith and lucky break/luck of the draw has meant my slow gain of free repair kits has VASTLY outpaced my need to actually repair things after hundreds of hours. Recognizing perks like that is crucial because there are so many that ultimately have so little effect on how you play
I have also reached the point were my resources outpace how much I need to repair so once I get a full set of Civil Engineers armor WITH Food/Drink/Medicine Weight Reduction I will be dropping both Gunsmith and Traveling Pharmacy from my build.

Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
So your doing a new bloody build? I assume you have dodgy and serendipity+ricochet to avoid damage on top of life giver so that your low% health is worth more? They are all required because of the synergy from all the special gains. The simple solution is to be using a vampire weapon so you are always regening what does get through, not actually tanking. There are various AP refreshing items you basically spam so dodgy is always proccing on top of food for the END you don't actually gain from unyielding.

High DR is a trap. It makes most open world things tickle you, but they were never a threat since those kind of enemies die in so few hits anyway. High DR means nothing against the tough mobs that actually hit hard because the difference of 400 vs 600 DR is so minor.

Sticking to power armor is probably for the best. That huge innate damage reduction per piece is by far more effective than what any armor piece can give you.

I have never liked bloodied build because of the prep required to make them work.

I die in one hit so I missed something, no idea what cause the discord channels people just talk about how they just own everything lol.

My real goal is to avoid that stupid animation you get stuck in if you jump with marsipial or from a pretty good height and you dude stops moving when landing...

JumbiePrime

Feb 16, 2019
Bklyn
What exactly is the alien event? I wandered into it but wasn't sure what to do so just left before I mess up anyone else run. Is it just waves of enemies?

jungius

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Sep 5, 2021
how dare they shut down the server in the middle of alien event lmao

What exactly is the alien event? I wandered into it but wasn't sure what to do so just left before I mess up anyone else run. Is it just waves of enemies?

yup its wave of enemies, every hour at minute 00, press the map button and you will see the alien event, join it!

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Oh man you have no idea how common this issue is I have been helping out people with their builds so many times over the years and I have seen this a lot.

I have also reached the point were my resources outpace how much I need to repair so once I get a full set of Civil Engineers armor WITH Food/Drink/Medicine Weight Reduction I will be dropping both Gunsmith and Traveling Pharmacy from my build.

Traveling pharmacy I have kept because collecting hoards of chems is just a great passive money maker. Every time I need caps or find my weight has creeped up a bit too much, I put on bargin pop a grape mentat and then sell hundreds of rad away and stimpacks for ez cash.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I have had far more luck getting the alien event plans from player vendors. So far 4 of them. 2 of them for 2k and one of them for 400 caps. Probably better off spending your time vendor hopping if that is your goal.

Also holy heck at the script limit. That poster that was complaining about 500, now is your moment.

Last edited:

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I think we can all agree our favorite moment of the TV show is when it caused all of our 1000 year old plans collecting dust in our vending machines to finally sell.

www.youtube.com

Heaven Sound Effect

ahhh ahh!

Oct 29, 2017
Don't worry about not knowing what you are doing at a public event. Most of the veteran player base apparently doesn't know either based on how they play.