• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Been playing Fallout 76 as usual, but waiting on that upgrade for Fallout 4 to really scratch this new Fallout itch.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Already played quite a bit of Fallout 4 but i'm excited for the upcoming patch just for another run (or two!).

Fallout 76's map expansion is now playable in the Public Test Server New
OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout 76's new map extension is playable in the PTS

View: https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/1781028174471589899

The PTS for the Skyline Valley update will happen in two parts, Part 1 launches this afternoon and will allow you to get acquainted with the new region, participate in a public event, and stake your claim on the land by placing down C.A.M.P.S. Part 2 will release in May and will introduce you to the all-new main questline.

The new public event that you will be testing is called Dangerous Pastimes. In this event, you will help thrill-seeking storm chasers get the best picture of the storm by protecting them from the elements, the Lost, and nearby Charged creatures.

They also posted character builds for Lucy, Maximus, and the Ghoul.
Twitter Thread

GLeAP4IX0AA_yCG
GLeAP4KXQAAKX9W

GLeAcLFXkAERqnR
GLeAcLuWcAAqt3i

GLeAhiAWkAApKG_
GLeAhiqXUAA3j9Q

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Me: I'm gonna take it easy on settlements this playthrough

Also me hours later: Ah fuck I forgot to take it easy in settlements.

It's just weirdly fun, and stimulates creativity in my brain. Trying to decide where I want to make my home base with companions, Red Rocket or the Drive in.
I can't play Fallout 4 without building up as many bases as possible. To me it really feels like I am changing the entire scene of the wasteland, providing safe refuge for anybody that needs it. Before long the wasteland doesn't feel all that threatening anymore. I did that.

Fallout 76 has better camp building but I like that in 4 you can make basically little towns.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I started up a new character in 76 yesterday just to mess around and they're doing the thing I don't like, which is boosting people up to mid-level straight out of the vault complete with starting armor and weapons and then you go down the first little hill and there's a responders settlement with power armor. Stop killing the progression and exploration loop in your own games!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Does the show specifically say they were the ones to do it, or is there room for it to have been the Minutemen?

The continued existence of the Prydwen basically confirms the Brotherhood ending happened. All of the other ending routes force you to blow up the Prydwen.

Remember, the Minutemen did not get an ending route. If you side with them, the game forces you onto the Railroad route. And both the Railroad and the Institute force you to blow up the Prydwen.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
The continued existence of the Prydwen basically confirms the Brotherhood ending happened. All of the other ending routes force you to blow up the Prydwen.

Remember, the Minutemen did not get an ending route. If you side with them, the game forces you onto the Railroad route. And both the Railroad and the Institute force you to blow up the Prydwen.

I'd argue that it only confirms the Institute's destruction. Until we learn otherwise, anything could've happened. Those synth gorillas could've killed everyone for all we know. And I don't know what version of Fallout 4 you played but the Minutemen have an ending.

yAm2f0b.png

Beyond that there is a way to beat the game without destroying either the Railroad, Minutemen, or Brotherhood. The Brotherhood will even comment on it saying that they should've been the ones to do it. There's also a cut quest for doing just that which would've seen you get promoted to the rank of Sentinel.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I started up a new character in 76 yesterday just to mess around and they're doing the thing I don't like, which is boosting people up to mid-level straight out of the vault complete with starting armor and weapons and then you go down the first little hill and there's a responders settlement with power armor. Stop killing the progression and exploration loop in your own games!
I start a new character all of the time, because I love the survival aspect of the early game. Just ignore choosing level 20. The equipment they give you is crap anyway. That power armor also probably only has a chance to appear there. Usually that is how it works, there are locations that can generate in. Not that power armor is hard to find anyway really. You can wear it at level 10.

But yes they are trying to make it easier for people that want to play the story and not grind and resource build as much.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Viva new Vegas installation kicking my ass
just do this
github.com

GitHub - zpok3/Viva-New-Vegas-Unofficial-Wabbajack: Unofficial Wabbajack for the Viva New Vegas modlist (please don't bother them with support requests for this Wabbajack)

Unofficial Wabbajack for the Viva New Vegas modlist (please don't bother them with support requests for this Wabbajack) - zpok3/Viva-New-Vegas-Unofficial-Wabbajack

Completely modded new vegas in less than 30m. Feels good. Threw New Vegas Reloaded on top and selected a vanilla+ filter. Now i'm ready to go. Fuck spending more than hour on modding these games nowadays haha

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I'm back playing 76 and I really like it. Just playing my old character who is level 111 full power armor, heavy gunner build.

Morlas

Looking for a better cartoon show.
Oct 25, 2017

The Minutemen route only forces you to blow up the Prydwen if you've already made enemies of them. And yes there is a Minutemen ending. You just have to get kicked out of the Institute before you trigger either the Brotherhood or Railroad's endgame.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017

The Minutemen have an ending, just betray the Institute. You can be a member of the Minutemen, the Brotherhood, and the Railroad and still finish the main quest.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I was going to say, I could have sworn the Minutemen had an ending. I always try to pick the ending where I don't have to side with a huge faction.

Off topic but Thanks AgentStrange for the fallout 3 game of the year code!

Last edited:

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
I'm so excited for all of the folks coming to the games for the first time. Honestly whatever you pick, you'll be in for a fun time.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
If people are interested by Fallout 76's hidden lore, here's a great channel. He is doing a lot of research to put the pieces together and is also doing lore videos for New Vegas and Fallout 4.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-FJ-rEgK2U

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe51nJLORvc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1IU9W1K6kc

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LCFwlbzVuI

Thanks for this. I've tried to get into fallout 76 multiple times but can't do it. I've been watching a channel called Oxhorn who goes through the missions extensively, but some of his interpretations of the lore seem…off, and it looks like he stopped covering the game some time ago. I'll check this one out too

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could find a modpack that builds off of Viva. Mojave Express guide was it but it got deleted

Yeah, it's a shame- not sure why it got removed. Their Discord is gone too.

You can get some of it via https://salamand3r.fail/new-vegas-visual-renewal. Once you get beyond the texture mods and stuff, he recommends animation and sound replacers that were similar to what was in MEG.

I'm away from my main PC for the weekend otherwise I could give you a list of mods that were in MEG circa September of last year. I created a MEG specific mod separator in MO2 that I can reference.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
Does the show specifically say they were the ones to do it, or is there room for it to have been the Minutemen?
Maybe both? I can't recall the exact quote at the moment but the Show seemingly implies that the Minutemen joined up with the Brotherhood of Steel so the only real mystery as far as which Fallout 4 ending became Canon is what the Brotherhood of Steel did with the Railroad so we don't don't if they got destroyed or not.

People are just jumping to conclusions. The Institute was never mentioned.
There's no ending in Fallout 4 where the Brotherhood of Steel wins without destroying the Institute so it's an accepted conclusion of their fate.

Fairy Godmother

Backward compatible
Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 76 players were very nice. Aside from one occasion where a 30-ish level stole our workshop, one high level gave me food and drinks and ammo when I visited their base.

The story is very light and I was not very invested so far. Casually checking out new places and looting is fun still. I'm deciding whether to replay 4 with mods or buying and playing 76.

Funny story, I was doing an early quest in Fallout 76 where an NPC took me to a captured ghoul and told me to give him a nudge to wake him up. I melee'd him and saw his HP was 50%, but the NPC started screaming saying I killed him!!!

Another NPC de-escalated but after their speech the ghoul was actually dead?!

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada

This past summer I did a minutemen playthrough with all factions intact except for the institute. So it is possible to have a minutemen "ending."
edit: a bunch have already mentioned this. oops didn't mean to "pile on."

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Fallout 76 players were very nice. Aside from one occasion where a 30-ish level stole our workshop, one high level gave me food and drinks and ammo when I visited their base.

The story is very light and I was not very invested so far. Casually checking out new places and looting is fun still. I'm deciding whether to replay 4 with mods or buying and playing 76.

Funny story, I was doing an early quest in Fallout 76 where an NPC took me to a captured ghoul and told me to give him a nudge to wake him up. I melee'd him and saw his HP was 50%, but the NPC started screaming saying I killed him!!!

Another NPC de-escalated but after their speech the ghoul was actually dead?!
Yeah the 76 community was great when I played last year. My favorite was when I was still I was still low level and stumbled into a nuke site where a bunch of people were fighting a raid boss. I died immediately and they kept reviving me and saying "we can't do this without you h0tp0ck3t!" it was a ton of fun

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
your mom's house
How are New Vegas and Fallout 4 on Steam Deck? Sort of considering jumping in because they're so damn cheap right now, but I can't decide between Deck or Xbox.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow those are all terrible builds! I understand it's done for the sake or RP but I wouldn't recommend a lot of those perks.
Any build without Strange in Numbers is wrong. Especially since it works when you're in a group by yourself lmao

Edit: I may be thinking of Herd Mentality

Last edited:

Dogo Mojo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm gonna spoiler tag this theory just in case but Concerning the Brotherhood in Fallout Prime:

I've seen some opinions floating around about how some think that the Brotherhood we are seeing in Fallout Prime are actually remnants of or absorbed a portion of Caesar's legion and I think it's a compelling argument.

This chapter of the brotherhood seems a bit more militant than the others we have experienced within the games, a lot of the members of this Brotherhood are given Roman names (Titus, Maximus,Quintus, etc).

It's been awhile since I played New Vegas but I was also under the impression that the NCR had actually kicked the brotherhood out of the West.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
So I'm gonna spoiler tag this theory just in case but Concerning the Brotherhood in Fallout Prime:

I've seen some opinions floating around about how some think that the Brotherhood we are seeing in Fallout Prime are actually remnants of or absorbed a portion of Caesar's legion and I think it's a compelling argument.

This chapter of the brotherhood seems a bit more militant than the others we have experienced within the games, a lot of the members of this Brotherhood are given Roman names (Titus, Maximus,Quintus, etc).

It's been awhile since I played New Vegas but I was also under the impression that the NCR had actually kicked the brotherhood out of the West.

I think regarding the legion being absorbed by BoS, I find the idea of a faction dedicated to preserving technology mass recruiting uneducated tribals who have shunned all tech fancier then guns to be strange.

Lorewise, between Fallout 2 and NV the main branch of the BoS went to war with the NCR leading to their defeat but they didn't get destroyed, they retreated into several heavily defended and/or hidden bunkers and continued to wage guerrilla in the NCR's new "State of Maxson".

I'd imagine with the NCR being on the ropes post Shady Sands' destruction the Brotherhood probably were able to land grab a pretty substantial portion of California

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
This is kinda confusing. I'm in Germany so the Vortex mod might not work with our cut version, but Steam doesn't really show what version of Fallout: NV I have. I have all the DLC in my library, but it doesn't say if it's the - apparently uncut, will work with mods - Ultimate Edition or not. Searching the store page it only shows me the version I have. I'm this close to either playing without mods or buying the GOG version, which seems to work with mods.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
This is the open spoiler thread yall

Also the brotherhood absorbing the legion makes absolutely zero sense. They're ideologically opposed and it would be easier for the contrary happen (the legion absorbing the brotherhood) than the people who use terror tactics and suicidal strategies to go "aww shucks okay we'll be big armour hoarders now you guys beat us fair and square"

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
This is kinda confusing. I'm in Germany so the Vortex mod might not work with our cut version, but Steam doesn't really show what version of Fallout: NV I have. I have all the DLC in my library, but it doesn't say if it's the - apparently uncut, will work with mods - Ultimate Edition or not. Searching the store page it only shows me the version I have. I'm this close to either playing without mods or buying the GOG version, which seems to work with mods.

Have you tried using MO2 instead of Vortex?

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
There ya go. If it's got the Tim Cain Seal of Approval than that's all you need. No reason to piss your pants over a chalkboard and the semantics of the term "Fall of Blank"

Here's the review he said he liked.

View: https://youtu.be/WjZec5_8ZSM?si=xM-9nVSNRHzDolkb

Tim Cain didnt work on new vegas. Love tim but his opinion isnt going to invalidate my own. Weird crusade people are going about this, specially when most who are bummed about the lore changes didnt even say the show was bad to begin with. Tim liked the show, so what? I did too. I just dont like the implications they went with.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Tim Cain didnt work on new vegas. Love tim but his opinion isnt going to invalidate my own. Weird crusade people are going about this, specially when most who are bummed about the lore changes didnt even say the show was bad to begin with. Tim liked the show, so what? I did too. I just dont like the implications they went with.

I know who Tim Cain is and I for what it's worth, I don't consider you to be one of these people. Your complaints are valid and well-thought out.

GLdiqOXXQAAOib_
GLdiqOyXgAA0SOj

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I know who Tim Cain is and I for what it's worth, I don't consider you to be one of these people. Your complaints are valid and well-thought out.

GLdiqOXXQAAOib_
GLdiqOyXgAA0SOj

No denying theres plenty of people saying dumb shit around. Your examples (well, yours cause you posted it, its the people replying i'm mentioning) on those tweets are specially weird considering how people shat on Perry's performance as benny for so long but now are trying to pull this "oh no he would weep from what they did" (and perry was also a big fallout 3 fan and thats how he got the part, that person probably wouldnt want to remember that). And i dont know why René would be upset about House? The actor looked and sounded the part. Like he would give a fuck about the implications of the story.