• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
This is the open spoiler thread yall

Also the brotherhood absorbing the legion makes absolutely zero sense. They're ideologically opposed and it would be easier for the contrary happen (the legion absorbing the brotherhood) than the people who use terror tactics and suicidal strategies to go "aww shucks okay we'll be big armour hoarders now you guys beat us fair and square"

For that theory, in my head the Legion got smashed. The brotherhood continued their decline and at some point someone decided that some of the leftovers of the legion would make excellent cannon fodder and bag carriers. After some time attrition meant the more talented squires got the armor and the culture started to change.

I ain't married to it though, but I do kind of like it. It will be interesting to see if they explain why this brotherhood chapter is different or if that is just their general take on the brotherhood.

Last edited:

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm using Begin Again and was messing around with the HUD Editor and completely jacked it up lol.
Hit Reset HUD and that gave me the vanilla layout. Anyway to get it back to how it was on a fresh install?

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Take this as confirmation
So I'm using Begin Again and was messing around with the HUD Editor and completely jacked it up lol.
Hit Reset HUD and that gave me the vanilla layout. Anyway to get it back to how it was on a fresh install?

That should've fixed it. I'll have to take a look at it when I get home in two hours.

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Explored Fallout 76's new region, Skyline Valley, a little bit. It's accessible in the Public Test Server.

9LOSvzf.jpeg

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Follow this:
salamand3r.fail

New Vegas and TTW Graphics Guide — salamand3r

A sequential and safe guide to New Vegas visual enhancement.

It's not as easy as it sounds though, as you will need to rebuild LODs and stuff like that that is not as drag-n-drop as you might think

So the first step is installing New Vegas outside of the Windows Program folders. If I installed it on a completely different drive than my Windows, is that the same thing or do I have to use a Steam Library Setup tool thing?

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
So the first step is installing New Vegas outside of the Windows Program folders. If I installed it on a completely different drive than my Windows, is that the same thing or do I have to use a Steam Library Setup tool thing?

Yes, make a new Steam Library on a different drive and go from there. New Vegas doesn't play well with folders that have admin privileges.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Now I get to this part:

"Extract the archive into a folder where you want your VNV instance to be, for example C:\Modding\MO2\Viva New Vegas."

Then after that it says this:

"Run ModOrganizer.exe inside the Mod Organizer 2 folder you extracted before."

So does it want me to extract the Mod Organizer 2 files directly into the Viva New Vegas folder or the MO2 folder? MO2 folder seems to make sense to me but it's unclear because of the first sentence.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
For that theory, in my head the Legion got smashed. The brotherhood continued their decline and at some point someone decided that some of the leftovers of the legion would make excellent cannon fodder and bag carriers. After some time attrition meant the more talented squires got the armor and the culture started to change.

I ain't married to it though, but I do kind of like it. It will be interesting to see if they explain why this brotherhood chapter is different or if that is just their general take on the brotherhood.
When people first talked about this theory my immediate thought was the brotherhood leader would be an excellent Caesar

Look at him
9Quintus.jpg
FNV_Caesar_infobox.jpg

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
When people first talked about this theory my immediate thought was the brotherhood leader would be an excellent Caesar

Look at him
9Quintus.jpg
FNV_Caesar_infobox.jpg

Caesar wouldnt survive that long without Courier's intervention though. Hell, he wont survive long even with it, and Lanius taking over and making the legion his "own" is a big point of their endings

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
I can't play Fallout 4 without building up as many bases as possible. To me it really feels like I am changing the entire scene of the wasteland, providing safe refuge for anybody that needs it. Before long the wasteland doesn't feel all that threatening anymore. I did that.

Fallout 76 has better camp building but I like that in 4 you can make basically little towns.

Yep, I was the same - I spent aeons turning Sanctuary into a fortified little town with houses for everyone, and also turned the Minutemen fortress (I forget the name) into a legitimate fortress again, including filling in the breach in a wall so well that the NPCs would actually path over it like they would if it wasn't broken.

There's a lot of mods for the settlement system that really made it an awesome tinkering time waster. One problem with the system was that if you made your settlement too secure with guard posts and turrets, it literally wouldn't ever get attacked any more... so you'd put all of this thought into making your place unassailable, but then never get the fun of seeing it in action.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018

Look at him
9Quintus.jpg
FNV_Caesar_infobox.jpg
if they wanted to have Caesar They could just get John Doman again who has a major role in what is widely considered to be one of the best tv shows of all time. Especially considering how no new vegas ending requires you to kill him.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
Set up New Vegas for the first time since last decade! I followed the Viva New Vegas modding guide...which actually took several hours and was kind of frustrating in parts, but I got it going and the game is running very smoothly, no crashes/freezes or anything like that yet. Level 6 and just finished rescuing the deputy at Primm.

WackoWambo

Jan 11, 2018
Dear OT, I finished viva new Vegas mod list, but now when I start the game in MO2, the game doesn't recognize my controller.

If I start the game in steam my controller will work but it doesn't have the mods.

Any advice?

Using Xbox series X controller

Last edited:

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Dear OT, I finished viva new Vegas mod list, but now when I start the game in MO2, the game doesn't recognize my controller.

If I start the game in steam my controller will work but it doesn't have the mods.

Any advice?

Have you downloaded a third party controller program such as DS4Windows?

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Any advice?

Maybe adding the mod organizer executable as a non steam game would work?

Oct 25, 2017
4 was the first one I tried, and I bounced off of it when it originally came out, but I'm playing again post show and am really enjoying it. Rolling with Nick Valentine, who rules.

I have noticed a really strange bug, though. For some reason, my dude can still go into stealth even with these cheeks clapping loud enough to wake a sleeping deathcalw.

PIqbbqq.png

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Capital Punishment - a comprehensive Fallout 3 and New Vegas all-in-one mod package with a focus on additional (balanced and lore-friendly) content, boosted performance / audio / visuals, expanded roleplaying options, and deeper and more polished survival elements - has been updated to 2.0 as of today. Check it out here:

What is Capital Punishment?

Capital Punishment is Fallout New Vegas mod list based on the Tale of Two Wastelands Mod (Version 3.3.2). It seeks to bring a multitude of graphical changes and hardcore roleplaying elements to the Capital & Mojave wastes. Alongside these changes are various new quests, player homes, jobs, weapons, in game systems, and much more. If you would like to see an extensive list of our load order/mod list, click here. While I can take the credit for compiling the mods together to make this list, I cannot take credit for the amazing work the many mod authors involved have provided. If you can, take the time to support and endorse mods in the list that you enjoy!

caution

What is it Not?

• A Modifiable List (For the Time Being): As we iron out issues with the compiled list we have no time to support extra additions
  • A Vanilla/Vanilla+ Experience: While I added things to try to retain the feel of NV/FO3, this is by no means a small or vanilla+ list+

What is Tale of Two Wastelands?

If you do not know what Tale of Two Wastelands is, it is a total conversion of Fallout 3 into the engine of Fallout New Vegas (with added fixes and modifications from the authors). This allows for the player to play Fallout 3 & Fallout New Vegas in the same game! For more info visit the Tale of Two Wastelands Website

Basically, this mod package enables you to play through a combined and considerably expanded and polished Fallout 3 and New Vegas experience, with a single character. Your MC's story will lead them across the vast American wasteland over the course of several in-game years.

A program called Wabbajack is used to simplify the install process considerably by taking care of most (almost all, but not all) of the work for you. Check the install guide for more details. Essentially, you can have like 200+ carefully balanced, lore friendly, and preconfigured mods installed for you in like 2 hours or less if you follow the guide well. 2.0 apparently brings huge performance improvements over previous versions, and based on what I've seen from the modlist, this def seems like one of the best ways to play either of these two games (or both!) if you're even a little mod-savvy.

Me? I'm gonna install the FUCK out of this. This is probably gonna be my final Fallout 3 and New Vegas playthrough. Might as well go out with a bang!

Last edited:

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yep, I was the same - I spent aeons turning Sanctuary into a fortified little town with houses for everyone, and also turned the Minutemen fortress (I forget the name) into a legitimate fortress again, including filling in the breach in a wall so well that the NPCs would actually path over it like they would if it wasn't broken.

There's a lot of mods for the settlement system that really made it an awesome tinkering time waster. One problem with the system was that if you made your settlement too secure with guard posts and turrets, it literally wouldn't ever get attacked any more... so you'd put all of this thought into making your place unassailable, but then never get the fun of seeing it in action.
So it's not just me! Yeah getting the castle rebuilt so that it looked whole again was always something I had to try and do. Spent way too much time building perfect forts that I would neglect the rest of the game. Building also gives experience so you tend to level up fast as well.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Decided to install the Begin Again modlist for Tale of Two Wastelands. The game looks very nice, but I just got to Megaton and Burke isn't wearing his glasses for some reason? He has them equipped, but they don't actually show on him. Is that intentional? (EDIT: I think this is a specific issue with the Tortoiseshell Glasses. They don't show on my character with them equipped, either. But other headgear does appear, including a regular pair of Eyeglasses.)

Also had a strange bug where I loaded the autosave for entering the saloon, and upon doing so, my camera was majorly screwed up. Stuck in the floor at a tilted angle, and couldn't get it to look at the door properly for me to leave. Making a new save and loading that one fixed it, but still, not a great first impression lol...

Last edited:

Piggychan

Oct 25, 2017
speaking of bugs and FO4 this one happens frequently in my playthrough and mostly happens with Preston..

View: https://i.imgur.com/8BAYJxC.mp4

EDIT
I decided to visit this fellow for a travel companion, He's one of the better side ally, sadly I really feel the writers missed an opportunity with updating his lines after some post faction shit that went down, he still romanticizes about them even though the game will give you a warning !

8Oz6DLU.png

Series X & Mods enabled
6B84H2o.png

XVsbJ3s.png

OP
OP
AgentStrange

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Now I get to this part:

"Extract the archive into a folder where you want your VNV instance to be, for example C:\Modding\MO2\Viva New Vegas."

Then after that it says this:

"Run ModOrganizer.exe inside the Mod Organizer 2 folder you extracted before."

So does it want me to extract the Mod Organizer 2 files directly into the Viva New Vegas folder or the MO2 folder? MO2 folder seems to make sense to me but it's unclear because of the first sentence.
It sounds like you just need to extract the archive in the VNV folder that it told you to make. The MO2 executable should be inside of it. With that said, you're at a stage now where it would be easier and more convenient to check in with the mod guide's Discord. They'll be able to help you a lot better than anyone here can.

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
This is only tangentially related, but the popularity of the show has taken its toll on Nexus servers, they've been having server issues all week, but today they had a full outage for like an hour where the API just didn't work. There's even a warning on their status page about it: Nexus Mods Status

EDIT: I tried to add a comment about the servers in the Fallout 4 update article 30 mins ago and is still processing...

Last edited:

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
It pains me that Fallout is forever a series stuck to Creation/Gamebyro. I just tried to get into Fallout 76 a game many years old and regularly still updated. Launch game to black screen but have audio. Fix posted 3 years ago change option in config file.. cool why isnt this fixed?

Ok cool character created! Wait why cant I move? Oh cause my frame rate is higher than my monitors refresh rate silly me!

But this engine is bad so damn bad. And yes Starfield is just as awful. Hopefully since they likelg havent started on the next Fallout yet they can be persuaded elsewhere.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
You might try loading another save first, then trying to load the save you want again.
Are you hitting Continue? That's a know bug doing it that way. It usually works if you just direct load the save.

Restarted PC, loaded older save then loaded most recent and it worked.

I liberated Primm pretty easily. Should it have been so easy? Just snuck around w/ the varmint rifle and the silencer I bought in the opening town. Seems OP off the get go.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Does viva new vegas work on the steam deck?

i played like an hour of it, it was fine. and for what was kind of a fugly game for its time it actually looks nice on a smaller screen

caveat, after putting my deck on rest for about a day and picking up where I left off, the audio sounded like my speakers were busted. i freaked out thinking it was the hardware but it was just some kind of bug in the game

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Restarted PC, loaded older save then loaded most recent and it worked.

I liberated Primm pretty easily. Should it have been so easy? Just snuck around w/ the varmint rifle and the silencer I bought in the opening town. Seems OP off the get go.

Those weapons can definitely be overpowering in the early game. I assume you are using Vigor? I'm not familiar with that fork of JSawyerUltimate so I'm not sure if it's easier than the regular JSU. I usually add a bunch of additional difficulty mods on top so that the early game is more challenging.

Marshall

Oct 27, 2017
Man I wish FO76 had a save system. I played nearly through the whole second quest in the Pitt and had to go do something. Come back to the game and go back to the Pitt and it makes me go through the whole thing again. I turned it off and will just wait til the FO4 patch next week :/

Last edited:

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Those weapons can definitely be overpowering in the early game. I assume you are using Vigor? I'm not familiar with that fork of JSawyerUltimate so I'm not sure if it's easier than the regular JSU. I usually add a bunch of additional difficulty mods on top so that the early game is more challenging.
Skipped vigor because I was afraid of the difficulty 😅. I've died twice. Once to a scorpion and once when I entered a room in the prison and there was like 5 guys waiting for me. Not sure how to do the prison. Will try again later.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Skipped vigor because I was afraid of the difficulty 😅. I've died twice. Once to a scorpion and once when I entered a room in the prison and there was like 5 guys waiting for me. Not sure how to do the prison. Will try again later.

Ah, yeah the game is generally really easy if you don't use something like JSU.

You should be able to talk your way into the prison.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
That Viva New Vegas installation guide is absolutely ridiculous. There must be over 100 different fiddly tasks you need to complete to get it installed which would take hours to slog through.

How in the world isn't there just a big file with the recommended install that you can download and dump it into your New Vegas folder in one simple step?

I gave up after about 40 minutes when I was presented with a page of like 50 more tasks I needed to do

Last edited:

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
How in the world isn't there just a big file with the recommended install that you can download and dump it into your New Vegas folder in one simple step?

I gave up after about 40 minutes when I was presented with a page of like 50 more tasks I needed to do

github.com

Release Unofficial Viva New Vegas Wabbajack · zpok3/Viva-New-Vegas-Unofficial-Wabbajack

Unofficial Wabbajack for the Viva New Vegas modlist (please don't bother them with support requests for this Wabbajack) - Release Unofficial Viva New Vegas Wabbajack · zpok3/Viva-New-Vegas-Unofficial-Wabbajack

You're welcome

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
you missed the best fallout game tho

Fallout-_Brotherhood_of_Steel_Box.jpg

That is the one Fallout game for the longest time I could say every Fallout fan I met (who knew of it) said was horrible. But now I've met two people on the internet who liked it. A whole 2!

Honestly tactics and BoS are two Fallouts most Fallout fans like to pretend don't exist (or newer fans don't even realize exist) though a few will say Tactics was good. 2 will say BoS was enjoyable ;). Personally I'd put 76 in the same catagory as them, offshoots. Though probably the best of the offshoots (but to be fair I've never played the other two). At least it is decent enough it is acknowledged by Fallout fans lol. But I really don't consider 76 a main Fallout game honestly.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
awesome!

I finished fallout 1 last month and am like an hour or 2 away from finishing fallout 2. I'm a big CRPG fan so I ended up liking these games even more than fallout 3 & 4, though New vegas was pretty incredible as well.

I never could get that much into 1. I finally got a decent amount in it but still... it's my least favorite fallout (and it was my first Fallout I played so no, this isn't cause I was used to Bethesda style Fallout first). Fallout 2 though is my 2nd favorite Fallout (and I actually played it after 3 and New Vegas.. after I had given up that I should play 1 before I play 2 lol). I prefer the more live action gameplay which is why New Vegas beats it (it is a good compromise between what made 2 good and what I liked that Bethesda brought to Fallout).