• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017

GT_DD_PRO_comp_2-1000px.png

screenshot2021-11-242vpjmv.png

screenshot2021-11-242x8j28.png

Many people are asking for the standalone Wheel Base of the GT DD Pro and we are very close to finalize the licensing agreement with Sony. Therefore I cannot officially announce anything but the plan is to sell this base with the Boost kit 180 for 599,95 and make it also available for the launch of GT7 in March.

Last edited:

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I guess this is the equivalent of the CSL DD but for Playstation. I'd love to buy it but I don't think I have enough room on my desk for the wheelbase. And no, a cockpit is not an option for me.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
Nice that includes some analogs. I've seen some people complain that it's practically impossible to create liveries without it.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so sick of platform specific wheels.
I have a drivehub adapter, but I shouldn't have to.

I might replace one of my G29s for this, but I'm in no hurry.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
I have a shitload of GameStop credit..what are the odds they would carry this or be able to order it?

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
700 without load cell or the boost kit seems like a lot.

I personally would have liked a load cell without the boost kit bundle.

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Awesome, was afraid the Gt version was going to be some cut down version with 5nm or less. Getting the 8nm and load cell kit.

Oct 28, 2017
Does this have the "Depth Feedback" function the Thrustmaster T-GT wheel had? Some people felt it was gimmicky but for me driving without it felt empty and lifeless.

I only see them using the term force feedback, which I'm pretty sure isn't the same thing as the depth feedback on the T-GT.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to get a racing wheel setup for a while now and... this looks exactly like what I would want. The one thing is that I'm not sure where I would mount the thing. 🤔

I'm so sick of platform specific wheels.
I have a drivehub adapter, but I shouldn't have to.

I might replace one of my G29s for this, but I'm in no hurry.
It seems like they have an interesting workaround for platform lockouts -- the wheel bases can be licensed for Playstation consoles, the steering wheels can be licensed for Xbox consoles. So if you have a Sony-approved wheelbase and a Microsoft-approved steering wheel, you can use the setup on both consoles (and PC, obviously).

700 without load cell or the boost it seems like a lot
If you look up equivalent-ish parts on their site, the pricing comes out to be the same (and that's not even accounting for having to pay those Sony licensing dollerydoos). It's definitely not cheap, but a belt drive wheel setup is going to run $300-400 new as it is and this is the next upgrade from that. They are also offering a wheel set+load pedal upgrade+drive upgrade bundle for $850 (which is a fair bit cheaper than buying the upgrades separately).

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Does this have the "Depth Feedback" function the Thrustmaster T-GT wheel had? Some people felt it was gimmicky but for me driving without it felt empty and lifeless.

I only see them using the term force feedback, which I'm pretty sure isn't the same thing as the depth feedback on the T-GT.
Good question, I assumed they would put dual sense haptics in the wheel grips, but maybe that's not the case. Would be a bummer if there were no rumble haptics.

Muji

Banned
Jul 27, 2021
I just got a G29. At a discounted BF price though - this seems like something I would get down the line if I'm really liking the wheelexperience. The G29 will be my first wheel ever, can't wait!

Granadier

Nov 4, 2018
Still got mine. And I thought that was expensive. These things get more expensive with ever gt game....
The old GT-specific wheel was also $700 and it wasn't DD and was made by Thrustmaster.

The CSL DD is an excellent wheelbase. Well worth the price for direct drive. The dumb boost kit is basically a requirement though, and hilariously is just the old CSL Elite power supply with a different plug on the end.

MrFox

VFX Rendering Pipeline Developer
Verified
Jun 8, 2020
Looks like Polyphony replaced the T-GT aluminum rotary encoders with 5-way sticks instead, that's a lot more remapping possibilities.

(but I liked the rotary knobs!)

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
i think you're gonna spend less money just stealing the steering wheel of an actual F1 car

Oct 25, 2017
Shit, penny drops. So I suppose as I'm just getting into this I should just get the basic preorder- and then a frame to go with it.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I have a Logitech G29 but I'm not that happy with it. It's my first real racing wheel and the gear system is not great feeling. It's feels grindy, and the leather wheel feels like very low quality leather. But then I see the cost of something that would actually feel a lot better like this, which is like three times the cost, and yeah, can't do that unfortunately.

Cubaneyes

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
thats not bad at all. i just paid $800 for the csl dd bundle with boost kit and the mclarenv2 wheel. this comes with the gt wheel which seems like a good buy to me

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would 100% buy if I could fit a rig with a seat in my place I can't. It pains me dearly as I'd have way too much fun with it.

Betta Lines

Oct 25, 2017

This type of vibration is not necessary when there is a direct drive motor at its core. Direct Drive means you will get the clearest and purest of signals directly through the steering shaft (something that is lost in belt or gear-driven mechanisms of previous Gran Turismo wheels).

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fanatec is everywhere in the simracing space. I think people don't realize how much of a steal this bundle is.

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This may seem pricey, but for what you get it is surprisingly reasonable. Will be picking this up!

MisterB_66

Oct 27, 2017
If you look up equivalent-ish parts on their site, the pricing comes out to be the same (and that's not even accounting for having to pay those Sony licensing dollerydoos). It's definitely not cheap, but a belt drive wheel setup is going to run $300-400 new as it is and this is the next upgrade from that. They are also offering a wheel set+load pedal upgrade+drive upgrade bundle for $850 (which is a fair bit cheaper than buying the upgrades separately).

Honestly your right the price isn't bad for what you get, I still wish there was a kit that gave you the load cell brake without the 8nm boost kit for say 800 bucks but I will still be preordering the big bundle, can't wait for GT7 in March.

Jan 10, 2018
Damn! Gonna with the most expensive one as I'm building a full rig at the moment.

What time zone are we talking about when the pre-orders open up?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
700 without load cell or the boost kit seems like a lot.

I personally would have liked a load cell without the boost kit bundle.
what is a load cell?

boost kit is what increases the force, right?

This may seem pricey, but for what you get it is surprisingly reasonable. Will be picking this up!
*glances at tag*

Which do you recommend? Or, is the upgraded version worth the price of admission?

fixing ranger

Aug 24, 2021
Price is reasonable, basically the same if you pick up parts individually, plus you'll get that special edition wheel.

That being said, if you are somewhat serious about simracing (and Fanatec means you are), PC is the best choice as you can mix and match parts. PS5 will have only GT7, and they can even port it to PC down the line, so if anybody is thinking and has a good PC, I would recommend that route.

OP
OP
kostacurtas

kostacurtas

Oct 27, 2017
Price is reasonable, basically the same if you pick up parts individually, plus you'll get that special edition wheel.

That being said, if you are somewhat serious about simracing (and Fanatec means you are), PC is the best choice as you can mix and match parts. PS5 will have only GT7, and they can even port it to PC down the line, so if anybody is thinking and has a good PC, I would recommend that route.
This wheel is PC and PlayStation 4/5 compatible.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
Time to get rid of my T-GT. Already have CSP V3's so just need the base + rim without the pedals.

Det

Jul 30, 2020

It's PC compatible.

fixing ranger

Aug 24, 2021
This wheel is PC and PlayStation 4/5 compatible.

Yeah, I think all peripherals are PC compatible. I meant things like 3rd-party shifters and handbrakes mostly, or if you decide to upgrade pedals down the line to something non-Fanatec.

Moreover, this wheelbase is Xbox-compatible, so if you get a compatible wheel (just the rim), it will work there too. But it is PITA to be constrained like that, imo.