• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
After tonight, I think it's safe to say that Kyler's stock is going to drop a bit, and Andy Dalton probably wouldn't be taken in a 2 QB league at this point.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I wonder whose gonna fall to me at 6 now...

Murray stinking in preseason should worry people who might want david johnson...

And freaking zeke might be there too...

Oct 28, 2017
California
Couldn't watch any of the games, but sounds like the Cards are gonna be garbage. Was usually drafting Kirk in all my mocks if he was there but guess not anymore.

NSA

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I know it's pre-season and all but man, either the Raiders got way better or the Cards are going to make a run at worst defense ever.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
No buy in draft tonight.

Might draft Gurley or Zeke for the hell of it.

Gurley I think has been overblown about his knee but I might gamble on it with no stakes.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
My home league is drafting Sunday afternoon and I'm undecided on who to have my keeper for this season.

Saquon at 1:10 or Chubb at 12:01

The answer is Chubb. Giving up a twelfth round pick for an RB that is at worst a second rounder. I'm assuming the drop of whoever you'd get in the first after giving up Saquon won't be as bad as the drop from Chubb to 12th rounder.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
No buy in 10 team PPR squad.

QB Josh Allen
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Nick Chubb
WR Robert Woods
WR Mike Williams
TE Travis Kelce
Flex Josh Jacobs
K Justin Tucker
Def Houston Texans

Bench
———
RB James White
RB Tarik Cohen
RB Austin Ekeler
WR Marvin Jones
WR Dante Pettis
WR Curtis Samuel
WR Geronimo Allison

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
No buy in 10 team PPR squad.

QB Josh Allen
RB Alvin Kamara
RB Nick Chubb
WR Robert Woods
WR Mike Williams
TE Travis Kelce
Flex Josh Jacobs
K Justin Tucker
Def Houston Texans

Bench
———
RB James White
RB Tarik Cohen
RB Austin Ekeler
WR Marvin Jones
WR Dante Pettis
WR Curtis Samuel
WR Geronimo Allison
that's a really nice team, but I really hate the Mike Williams pick, especially in full ppr.

silentg

Oct 28, 2017
Manchester, UK
Anyone have thoughts on draft order? I've been doing quite a few recently and have quite enjoyed being in the 6 or 7 spot. Allows to get quite solid rosters if you make the right choices. Been going with Hopkins or Adams at WR first round and a good RB (Cook, Gurley) is usually available by the time your next turn comes round.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have thoughts on draft order? I've been doing quite a few recently and have quite enjoyed being in the 6 or 7 spot. Allows to get quite solid rosters if you make the right choices. Been going with Hopkins or Adams at WR first round and a good RB (Cook, Gurley) is usually available by the time your next turn comes round.
I snagged Zeke and Cook from the 7 spot in a 12 man PPR league last night. Feel pretty good about it.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of a weird year for RBs in fantasy with so many of the major backs having some some kind of serious concern or another.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Places I'm enjoying more this season are top4 or late-round. The middle of the first round feels like a very weird place to draft right now with Zeke and Gordon holding out.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
League of record money 10 team league

I picked third in snake draft

1. Saquon Barkley
  2. Odell Beckham Jr
  3. Mike Evans
  4. Robert Woods
  5. Josh Jacobs
  6. Alshon Jeffery
  7. David Montgomery
  8. Latavius Murray
  9. Geronimo Allison
  10. Vance McDonald
  11. Rashaad Penny
  12. Josh Allen
  13. Anthony Miller
  14. Emmanuel Sanders
  15. Matt Breida
  16. Jamison Crowder
Again I took Josh Allen late...

No K or DEF because it's week 2 of the preseason.

Smurf

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
ECNdPHOWsAEBVeJ

Don't be a Ricky everyone.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
League of record money 10 team league

I picked third in snake draft

1. Saquon Barkley
  2. Odell Beckham Jr
  3. Mike Evans
  4. Robert Woods
  5. Josh Jacobs
  6. Alshon Jeffery
  7. David Montgomery
  8. Latavius Murray
  9. Geronimo Allison
  10. Vance McDonald
  11. Rashaad Penny
  12. Josh Allen
  13. Anthony Miller
  14. Emmanuel Sanders
  15. Matt Breida
  16. Jamison Crowder
Again I took Josh Allen late...

No K or DEF because it's week 2 of the preseason.

Smurf
Really nice roster, you got a lot of value on that josh jacobs pick. Since you'll have to drop players for a K and def, I would rather roster a backup running back than Jamison Crowder tho, that way you got the injury upside at least.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Really nice roster, you got a lot of value on that josh jacobs pick. Since you'll have to drop players for a K and def, I would rather roster a backup running back than Jamison Crowder tho, that way you got the injury upside at least.
Who else do you like the least? I'm thinking I'll probably ditch Sanders and Crowder but I'm waiting till the preseason is over.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Who else do you like the least? I'm thinking I'll probably ditch Sanders and Crowder but I'm waiting till the preseason is over.
I think you could hold onto Sanders for now. Rumor is he healed a lot fast from his injury than people expected and I think he'll even play tomorrow. So someone to keep a close eye on and see what he does in the preseason.

Smurf
I feel very triggered by your title. I need you to know this.
It's time floy, it's the year of the kicker, you can't fight it. They gonna do it this season!

If you wanna do a deep time on the NFL's premier position, this one of the Kickers to watch this year.

natjjohn

Oct 25, 2017
Barkley third seems criminal.

Anyways, picking second. Would folks go Zeke or go safe with Kamara or CMC?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I got 8th pick in my PPR league. I am thinking I will end up with Adams, Julio, or Gurley...

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So I usually stream defenses. But is the benefit to streaming all 3 of QB, TE, and DEF worth the cost of decreased roster security?

Asking because I'm debating doing it in one of my leagues where I have 1st overall.

OP
OP
Smurf

Smurf

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts on Mark Andrews and Chris Herndon as late round Tight Ends?
Reports from camp on Andrews have been great, but the question is is he going to be on the field enough to be a reliable fantasy player? Think I read somewhere he played only like 40% of the snaps of the 1st team offense so far in preseason. Even tho I like Andrews, I find myself taking a gamble on Reed or Darren Waller over him late in drafts.

So I usually stream defenses. But is the benefit to streaming all 3 of QB, TE, and DEF worth the cost of decreased roster security?

Asking because I'm debating doing it in one of my leagues where I have 1st overall.
I think it depends on the size of your league. Depth can be a little overvalued in smaller leagues, since there is still a ton of talent on the waiver and a lot of times you can end up having a great bench but struggling at TE. So if I'm playing on a 10 team league for example, I'm willing to overpay to get one of Kelce, Ertz, Kittle, Engram or Howard. QB on the other hand is so deep, I'm always gonna draft for value there. Never draft a defense early.

edit: Another time when I'm willing to reach for a TE and even a QB is if you're playing in a league with a lot of "casual" players. You know, people that sometimes forget about the waiver on Wednesday or shows up to the draft without knowing who Josh Jacobs is and etc. In that case go ahead an draft Kelce and Watson(Mahomes is probably going in the 1st round in this case) because you're gonna get so much value later on the draft that these reaches won't hurt you that much.

Last edited:

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Damn - just found this thread!

It's pretty league-dependent, but I wouldn't want to be streaming all 3 on a regular basis. TE for instance doesn't have as much variability that it makes much sense to stream week after week, though there can be exceptions. Just try to find a good one if you're not going for the top. I wouldn't want my roster to be that volatile week-to-week.

The QB depth is unreal this year though, which is strange because well I don't think there are that many good actual NFL QBs. I'm in the camp that fantasy football needs to adapt the QB scoring. There's really no reason to stretch for one at all in 4-point leagues. I prefer 6 point leagues, though, and most of my leagues are that. Superflex, even better.

Oct 27, 2018
Sent my keepers in - Saquon Barkley (1) and Adrian Peterson (16)

Just waiting on to see who else has gone. Draft on September 1st. Getting excited for it now. I reckon in terms of fun it goes:
1. Prepping for draft
2. The draft
3. The actual season

😂

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys feel about taking tight ends early? I got killed waiting so long to pickup a tight end that I couldn't get one that ever produced more than 5 or 6 points a game, if that. I always thought it was about as silly as taking QBs in the first round, but there are so few quality TEs that I'm starting to rethink strategies about drafting them early.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
I either want a top 3 TE, or I'm waiting and taking a shot at a free one.

I'm think Herndon (after his 2 game ban) is going to produce TE1 numbers.

It looks like I'm alone with this notion. Lol

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I either want a top 3 TE, or I'm waiting and taking a shot at a free one.

I'm think Herndon (after his 2 game ban) is going to produce TE1 numbers.

It looks like I'm alone with this notion. Lol
Same here. I'm 13 in my 14 team. Considering going Juju/Kelce and then hoping for the Ingram/Carson/Jacobs/Montgomery types at the 3/4 turn.