• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
it's just a month so no big deal, but I imagine if RDR 2 comes out in that March to April time frame it will get pushed back again. Much as I love Far Cry and as successful of a franchise as it is this game cannot compete with Red Dead.

tbh though I think it's pretty fair to say there is a large chance that RDR 2 in itself gets delayed to summer.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
it's just a month so no big deal, but I imagine if RDR 2 comes out in that March to April time frame it will get pushed back again. Much as I love Far Cry and as successful of a franchise as it is this game cannot compete with Red Dead.

tbh though I think it's pretty fair to say there is a large chance that RDR 2 in itself gets delayed to summer.

No way RDR2's coming out before May.

MasterVampire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
YjURbf.gif

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I figured it would be an interesting point to make, but really it's a moot point. despite Rockstar saying RDR2 is spring I find it very difficult to believe it won't get delayed at least one more time.

Spring 2018 technically ends on June 21st so, yeah, Rockstar. They know.

When they said we'd have more news in the summer, they literally waited till the last day of the summer to announce a date for a trailer.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
a day before my birfday.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm too happy about ubisoft, the masters of marketing, possibly getting in God of War's way when they had basically the whole month of Feb. to themselves (I mean I'm looking forward to Kingdom Come a lot but it's not exactly a threat to sales of AAA games).

Also I'm personally a fan of spacing things out and not having 3 games coming out within 2 weeks of each other. Pretty sure Yakuza 6 is coming on the same day or week as FC5 too.

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
I'll be busy with Yakuza 6.. so I'll wait for a decent discount and till they fix the game and support sli

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My first game purchase of 2018 was and thus far, still is Far Cry 5. Now, im hoping and changing my God of War release date prediction from March 27th to March 6th. On the positive side, a short four week delay isn't bad. Definitely gives me more time to eliminate the few remaining games in my backlog. Seriously doubt that there's any major issues though with the game. Far Cry 3/4/Primal all played and ran great for me on release day and rarely if ever seem to be buggy and glitchy like AC has been in years past.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
My thoughts too!

They'll be special weapon drops or crates similar to PUBG that you call with a flare similar to CoD supply drops.
This is just silly, if they were going to do that they'd just do it, you're acting like loot boxes are a new thing, they weren't just invented. If it was gonna have loot boxes it'll have loot boxes but delaying for loot boxes is crazy talk.
I think it's to improve Co op personally

Oct 27, 2017
I'm okay with this--Shadow of the Colossus and Secret of Mana will keep me busy in the meantime.
I'm excited for some new Far Cry though---I like the setting.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had some of the best, most intense, and most immersive firefights of my gaming career in Far Cry 3.

Not quite at the level of Crysis, Stalker and Metro but close.

It is a very solid franchise.

Lockjaw333

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it will allow them to release this one on PC without the asset streaming issue both fc3 and fc4 had at launch. I was amazed that fc4 had it after how much people bitched and how long it took them to fix it in fc3.