• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Don't they let you reset the box once you get the grand prize in the first ten boxes? I'm pretty sure that's why Box 11 onwards is 100 pull because you need to clear everything from that point onwards.

I don't see a button on the Roll screen (as in if I'm currently rolling and it gives me the next option of continuing or backing out) If the reset button is only available once the Grand Prize is pulled but I have to back out to see it to reset it, then that makes sense why I've never seen it. I've only ever gone in to roll when I have 600 tickets.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah was one of the better livestreams in a long time and the game state seems in a good place compared to the last few years.

2023 Jan-March - LB7 pt 2, Valentines, CBC
2024 Jan-March - SR collab, Valentines, CBC, Ordeal Call 2

Not that much more packed than last year but stuff like Valentines straight into CBC and dropping Ordeal Call during the 3rd week of CBC is the promising aspects of it. They also have 2 reruns to drop this year so hopefully that prevents any dead periods of 2-3 weeks.

If they drop the Draco rerun on the 3rd of April and use that as the lead in to a Proto/Fake Strange collab on the 24th-28th for Golden week that would show they're really barrack. (Still expecting a Draco rerun plus 1 new servant for this golden week though)

Also would like to see the next U-Olga quest ASAP now that OC2 is out.

Don't they let you reset the box once you get the grand prize in the first ten boxes? I'm pretty sure that's why Box 11 onwards is 100 pull because you need to clear everything from that point onwards.

They've clearly fixed some of their issues so I doubt it will be 2 years lol, unless they only did these updates because of what happens in the story chapter. (Type Moon have final say on updates, buffs etc)..

I also doubt any Rulers during OC3 will get animation updates after Jeanne got hers already, since only Summer Martha really needs one and I can't see her being relevant in a Ruler Ordeal Call. (Just have to look at the state of the Avenger class post OC2 to see what I mean)

Maybe Abby for OC 4 if they don't give her another alt, rest of her class are good.

He's the only AOE SR assassin available in the general pool now versus the ST options in Carmilla, Emiya, Yan Qing, Wu & Chiyome.

He's actually pretty insane as a looper, his only downside is he lacks self charge but if you're plugging in Oberon/XuFu/Lady Avalon/Waver etc doesn't really matter.

20% np damage up on np for 3 turns is the type of stuff usally given to super premium Limited SSR servants, not permanent SR servants.... Ruler Moriarty has 20% np damage up for one turn lol....
I just prefer cohesive kits. I would rather at least 2 out of 3 of his skills be focused on farming if that's his role. Making them mostly about face cards is great if he's a dps, which I personally would prefer as those kits are more fun (and I have S. Melusine). I guess if you're fighting Man enemies it'll be okay.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Really wish they'd given her an "apply dragon trait to self for x turns" on top of the battery tbh, or anything else to complement her kit. Kind of an underwhelming buff for 2024, still being stuck with a 1 turn mana burst on a 6-turns cooldown in a skill that is already awkward to use for its defensive utility and even has a demerit that doesn't really feel justified these days... Well, it's better than nothing.

O.G. Jeanne's buff is good, now they just need to do something with that third skill (and hopefully revisit the second one as well later down the line).

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I would have liked to have seen Jeanne's cooldown decrease to 5 turns, but otherwise an acceptable buff.

I think her NP needs to be revisited more than anything else. They never should have given Castoria a cleanse on top of the 62 other things she does.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
At least now that skill is not a crap as it used to be (they also increased the number of stars), like the fact that she had a shittier skill compared to Hans who was a 2-star was always ridiculous

Reminds me of how 4* and 5* had that dumb Instinct skill while Koujiro as a 1* had a "better" version with a lower cooldown, even before it got an upgrade that made it actually useful

Last edited:

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Jalter buff is incredibly meh, especially on that skill, should've been on the charisma one. Now she has the NP Battery, Mana Burst and Invincible tied to the same skill, it's not great at all.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree. I think the Buster skill was the correct choice for the first buff. However I do agree that the actual buff itself was not. I was fully expecting a 3 turn buster skill. I actually didn't even think anything else was even a possibility tbh.

That being said, while I don't particularly think np charge was the way to go, invincibility tied to mana burst was always inherently bad. I don't think the needle of that has moved to a worse position because np charge tied to mana burst is inherently good. I think it's kind of a moot point at the end of the day.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Buffs are nice, 50% charge opens up a lot for a single target character and Jannu is a really nice glow up, is probably second to Oberon for wave 3 damage in arts comps as long as the defense down lands.

Black Grail Galatea numbers with Double Castoria + plugs

This is just lazy all Castoria buffs turn 1, any non charge skills from plug turn 1, charge buffs saved for turn 2, wave 3 works because it just does, Oberon S3 and Jannu 50% defense down saved for turn 3 etc. Some of these you would be saving a Castoria attack buff for 2nd wave charge but I can't be stuffed working that all out.

354k/389k/525k (Xu Fu)
325k/435k/574k (Waver)
418k/460k/605k (Nero Bride)
363k/460k/610k (Yui)
396k/496k/663k (Lady Avalon)
325k/389k/690k (Jannu)
325k/407k/893k (Oberon)

I'm just not 100% sure if Jannu can make Galatea 3 turn since I only get 79% refund against 50k and 100k sabers while using the Oberon version of this comp. (Castoria s1 for wave 2, Oberon s2 for wave 3 so numbers slightly different for the first2 waves than how I did it above)

Probably should've used Summer Castoria because while lower in damage she has so much self charge.

Really wish they'd given her an "apply dragon trait to self for x turns" on top of the battery tbh, or anything else to complement her kit. Kind of an underwhelming buff for 2024

They probably didn't give her dragon trait because it might put her too close to Kintoki who they seem to want to stay as the buster ST servant benchmark. It's not just an extra 20% attack if she had self dragon trait, it's 40% attack when double buffed which is a big deal for working out Buster servant damage since Vitch and Oberon lack any attack.

175k/165k/558k (Buffed Jalter and against Ruler/Zerk this is actually 350k/330k/1116k)

175k/204k/649k (If 30% charge and 3 times 3 turns Buster Jalter)

204k/165k/698k (If buff was 50% charge and self dragon trait)

172k/326k/636k (Kintoki)

While what we got was a simple buff it's still a good once since it lets her do everything a ST can now, being an ST that can't beat 1/1/1 nodes or multicore is bad enough when they're niche in the first place. Increasing a characters viability and usage is never a bad thing.

I just prefer cohesive kits. I would rather at least 2 out of 3 of his skills be focused on farming if that's his role. Making them mostly about face cards is great if he's a dps, which I personally would prefer as those kits are more fun (and I have S. Melusine). I guess if you're fighting Man enemies it'll be okay.

How is his kit not cohesive for farming? NP + Skill 1 + the NP Gen up on Skill 3.... Like ignore that carding stuff which is a great bonus because he's not a one trick pony and it's just skill 2 that has nothing to do with farming. But it's not like that doesn't happen to good loopers, Summer Musashi Skill 1 is 100% useless for her in farming.... and to compare them 2 since they're both no self charge loopers.....

Summer Musashi gets 50% np gen up, 30% attack and 30% defense down (which only applies to either wave 1 or 3)

Shiny Hassan gets 50% arts up (55% on overcharge), 30% np gen up, 20-60% np dmg up depending on wave 1-3, trait damage with the widest coverage (Man > Earth >>> Sky >>> Star) and a 20% conditional attack buff

If they gave him anymore he would be one of the best loopers in the game period.... he's already superior to NP5 Summer Valks at NP3 and if his attack buff is active he's nearly as good at NP1. (He doesn't refund as well but they refund too much to point where it's wasted if anything)

I think her NP needs to be revisited more than anything else. They never should have given Castoria a cleanse on top of the 62 other things she does.

The devs must regret making her so busted, argubly ruined a lot of aspects and CQs are a joke these days..... just go in blind with double castoria summer musashi and have an st arts dps in the backline and zzzzz

I honestly think they'll give out a limited SSR ticket for the 30m dl campaign but it will only be for Year 1-5 servants so Castoria will not be available......

Last edited:

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
OMFG I JUST ATE ONE OF MY MLB CEs WHILE I WAS MAKING A NEW ONE

I FUCKING AHTE THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

ZKenir

Mar 31, 2018
OMFG I JUST ATE ONE OF MY MLB CEs WHILE I WAS MAKING A NEW ONE

I FUCKING AHTE THIS GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
make sure to message support and tell them what happened in order to get a reply goes along the lines of "we can't do anything because you did it yourself, good luck" for the full experience!

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
God i wish that you could use Non Friends Servants NP, it sucks how now no one has Cu Alter to just Solo some of them

Icarian

May 9, 2018
The post event story CQ is easier than the memorial ones and by a wide margin, I don't mind these, not as restrictive when it comes to team composition so you're not fucked if you happen to not have a servant that explicitly counters the gimmicks.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Finished all the CQs except for the bugged out Brave Liz one. A few of them were gimmicky nonsense, but overall it was nice having an excuse to actually play the game and use my roster for once. Crazy how FGO can just coast by only being fun like twice a year.

The coils were cool because I had to get creative with my team comps for the first time in a looooong while instead of just relying on meta supports carrying my ass. Hell, I even used Jeanne for the first time ever since I rolled her 2~3 years ago!! Crazy shit fr. I used a Circe-Jeanne-Asclepius comp to take care of Kotarou, way outside my comfort zone but it worked. Then I pulled off a Summer BB strat with Jalter to take care of Shibata, those are always fun if very RNG reliant. Used Percival in 2 of the CQs for the first time and goddamn the man is a BEAST! UOOAAAA! Even some old faves like Dantes got to shine. Also had an excuse to use some of my non-meta supports like casgil, prince of lan ling and Mata Hari.

It's been a while since I've dropped a hot take, so here's a fresh one for this post: what's even the point of ST damage dealers in the current landscape of FGO? One-shotting the occasional 1 enemy wave in 90++? It used to be that, once upon a time, most high end difficulty content was tailored towards ST, and 1-turn burst damage was the meta, but that isn't the case anymore. Like the rest of the game, CQs are largely AOE-centric these days as the 20+ Teslafest quests will attest to. People complain when AOE servants get kits that make more sense for ST damage dealers, and that we get a deluge of AOE servants in overcrowded and competitive categories instead of new ST servants, and I get that, but that's who the're designing the entirety of the game's content for these days. You get to use your ST DPS maybe a couple times a year if a boss that they're actually good against shows up, and even in those situations AOE damage dealers are usually not too shabby themselves. I can't tell you how many times I've used Muramasa against single bosses and he performed on par with my NP3 Saitou, and I don't even need to say anything about Arjuna Alter. For better or worse the extra damage from ST NPs is frequently wasteful in the age of break bars, save for the rare 1M+ HP. You can use them on filler content I guess, but that doesn't feel particularly fullfiling. Everything is just way too lopsided to encourage AOE servants usage.

This is all to say I'm extremely salty about the fact that the one Rider boss in this entire gauntlet is specifically designed to fuck over the most scuffed class of the entire game, ST Assassin DPS, in the one time of the year where I could have had a legitimate reason to use my newly acquired First Hassan. It's hell out here. Oh well, he got to solo some crabs I GUESS.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Finished all the CQs except for the bugged out Brave Liz one. A few of them were gimmicky nonsense, but overall it was nice having an excuse to actually play the game and use my roster for once. Crazy how FGO can just coast by only being fun like twice a year.

The coils were cool because I had to get creative with my team comps for the first time in a looooong while instead of just relying on meta supports carrying my ass. Hell, I even used Jeanne for the first time ever since I rolled her 2~3 years ago!! Crazy shit fr. I used a Circe-Jeanne-Asclepius comp to take care of Kotarou, way outside my comfort zone but it worked. Then I pulled off a Summer BB strat with Jalter to take care of Shibata, those are always fun if very RNG reliant. Used Percival in 2 of the CQs for the first time and goddamn the man is a BEAST! UOOAAAA! Even some old faves like Dantes got to shine. Also had an excuse to use some of my non-meta supports like casgil, prince of lan ling and Mata Hari.

It's been a while since I've dropped a hot take, so here's a fresh one for this post: what's even the point of ST damage dealers in the current landscape of FGO? One-shotting the occasional 1 enemy wave in 90++? It used to be that, once upon a time, most high end difficulty content was tailored towards ST, and 1-turn burst damage was the meta, but that isn't the case anymore. Like the rest of the game, CQs are largely AOE-centric these days as the 20+ Teslafest quests will attest to. People complain when AOE servants get kits that make more sense for ST damage dealers, and that we get a deluge of AOE servants in overcrowded and competitive categories instead of new ST servants, and I get that, but that's who the're designing the entirety of the game's content for these days. You get to use your ST DPS maybe a couple times a year if a boss that they're actually good against shows up, and even in those situations AOE damage dealers are usually not too shabby themselves. I can't tell you how many times I've used Muramasa against single bosses and he performed on par with my NP3 Saitou, and I don't even need to say anything about Arjuna Alter. For better or worse the extra damage from ST NPs is frequently wasteful in the age of break bars, save for the rare 1M+ HP. You can use them on filler content I guess, but that doesn't feel particularly fullfiling. Everything is just way too lopsided to encourage AOE servants usage.

This is all to say I'm extremely salty about the fact that the one Rider boss in this entire gauntlet is specifically designed to fuck over the most scuffed class of the entire game, ST Assassin DPS, in the one time of the year where I could have had a legitimate reason to use my newly acquired First Hassan. It's hell out here. Oh well, he got to solo some crabs I GUESS.
Sts and even non offensive np servants have their place still in shit.

While yes I do take Junie for a lot of content, I also always have my 120 Kintoki or QSH ready to take over just in case Junie bites it, which usually he does because he's a zerker even with a built in guts lol.

My Goghie has also put in more work for me than some aoes against zerker bosses as she was how I beat Morgan.

Not to mention even with aoes you can't just brute force some fights like all the memorial cqs have been way harder even with meta units like Junie.

Last edited:

Touko

Banned
Jan 1, 2024
55 boxes with two days to go. 15 Short of my 70 goal. It's doable but my timings are tight with everything else going on. Threw 30 SQ at the LB2 banner and finally NP2'd the Chief Valkyrie herself. She's been sitting at NP1 for a long long time now, since LB2 dropped I think. So I'm pretty happy about that random drop of luck.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

I actually don't think this is a hot take lol. I think what you're saying is right. A hot take going off that would be what is even the point of this game outside of the story when you can use the same 3 servants to pretty much do everything? I'm not saying I particularly agree with that take, but it was the first thought that came to my mind after reading your post.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
My favorite CQ was Jaguar because I managed to beat that fight with fucking Goghie who was my only survivor despite starting the fight and man did it get tense. Basically won the last chance i had to win period.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Unless they change the kit, the SSR about to come out is kinda stupid... like invalidate 99% of previous bosses in the game stupid

If he has the damage (should) Quick will never have to worry about sustain in a single target fight again as long as you can stun. (this is a 500% stun like Old plugsuit stun... but on a loopable np)

I can't tell you how many times I've used Muramasa against single bosses and he performed on par with my NP3 Saitou

I find that hard to believe if you're talking strictly NP...

A super whale Muramasa with the best supports barely beats out an average Saito with 1 support Castoria, a welfare and a 3 star.....

NP5 Level 120 Muramasa vs NP3 Level 90 Saito in the first 90++ we get during Summer 7. (And this is with a 50% charge damage CE)

Muramasa (Double Castoria & Oberon) vs Saito (Support Castoria, Hohenheim & Summer Da Vinci)
Wave 1 485k vs 823k
Wave 2 607k vs 895k
Wave 3 1.3m vs 1.1m

Try it yourself this Summer, a Saito that is invested nearly as much as the above Muramsa can clear this 90++ node without the damage CE or Black Grail....

Anyway Muramasa is not really a good example of a strong aoe servant in this day and age... and even Godjuna NP5 is well under Draco NP1 against any 7 servants bosses. And Single Target matters a lot more now in 2024 versus 2022, plenty of 90++ Event nodes, multicore, Ordeal Call 90++ nodes/cqs, a lot more advandced quests etc.

People aren't rolling Draco, Summer Castoria and in 30 odd minutes the newest FGO servant just because they're waifu's or husbando's, they're top tier for a reason.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate all the interludes that get unlocked for everyone, sometimes events lack some context that happened during these interludes even if they are more like jokes in the interludes like Altera Santa talking about the valkyries or even Caster Cu lore drops.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
New SSR servant in JP.

Dantes 2.0 AKA Count of Monte Cristo - Avenger

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

• Iron Determination (Flame) EX - Increase Buster and Quick Effectiveness [20%-30%] (3T) and Apply Invincible (2 Times, 3T)
• King of the Cavern C - Increase Attack [20%-30%] (3T) and Apply "State where user inflicts Burn [500HP] (3T) when attacking" and Apply Poison Immunity (3T), and Apply Debuff Immunity (3 Times, 3T)
• Fourteen Treasures A - Increase NP Gauge [30%-50%], and Increase Critical Strength [30%-50%] (3T), and Increase C. Star Gather Rate [600%-1000%] (3T)

Cooldowns from 8/8/8 to 6/6/6

• NP Paradis Chateau d'If (Quick) - Apply Ignore Invincible (1T), 500% chance to Apply Stun to one enemy (1T), and Deal Damage [NP lvl: 1200%-2000%] along with Supereffective damage of 100% + 10% * [ for every Burn stack with a max of 10] to one enemy, and Decrease Defense [OC: 10%-30%] (3T) to one enemy, and 500% chance to Apply Burn on self [500HP] (3T) [Demerit]

Passives:
• Avenger B+ - Increase the amount of NP gained by 19% when damaged and Decrease Debuff Resist for all allies (including sub-members) by 9% except yourself [Demerit]
• Oblivion Correction EX - Increase Critical Strength by 12%
• Self Restoration (Magical Energy) D - Increase NP Gauge each turn by 3%
• Append 3 - Deals Increased Damage against Avengers

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Another avenger?!? My man is looking strong too. Medium cooldowns, 3t gather, crit, atk, and quick buffs, 50% np charge, ignore invincible on the np, stuns on the np, increases np damage based on burns, which he has a 3t application skill for, and his design is cool (imo). I'm all for this. I really like the burn focus as well. FGO characters are often pretty linear in their design.

Edit: just seen the 4*. My guy is coming to challenge Melusine's throne with that 80% charge. I'ma need to see some refund numbers. He obviously won't do close to her damage, but he could potentially be a really good option if you happen to pull on that banner anyways and csn get him to high np levels.

Edit #2: his refund isn't good. Nvm.

Last edited:

Icarian

May 9, 2018
With each new servant they announce, it makes early 5* servants look like 3* servants with inflated HP/ATK pools.

Lancer Artoria will never be relevant unless she gets a buff like to every skill and NP. She got a skill biff some time ago and it was a shitty niche one, RIP.

I remember back then trying to decide between to pull for Lancer Artoria or Raikou, Raikou has been made very competitive but Lancer Artoria was already kind of meh at release and has stayed there since. At least I have the consolation that I ended up with Raikou NP3 through GSSR rolls over the years lol.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't think this is a hot take lol. I think what you're saying is right. A hot take going off that would be what is even the point of this game outside of the story when you can use the same 3 servants to pretty much do everything? I'm not saying I particularly agree with that take, but it was the first thought that came to my mind after reading your post.
Listen, I'm trying not to get in trouble here. 3 would probably be inconvenient, but 5? Get a Castoria, Koyan, Oberon, your flavor of Merlin or Reines and a universal AOE with decent skills/NP and now you're cooking. :X
I don't know that I would be that harsh, I appreciate the fact that it's really difficult to balance a game with literally hundreds of playable characters where each player is going to have vastly different resources available to them at any given point in time. I think they occasionally do a good job of making content that incentivizes certain approaches and types of servants more than others. If the player chooses to fall back on the same strategy over and over again, even when it might not be the optimal option, that's kind of on them at that point.

Sts and even non offensive np servants have their place still in shit.

While yes I do take Junie for a lot of content, I also always have my 120 Kintoki or QSH ready to take over just in case Junie bites it, which usually he does because he's a zerker even with a built in guts lol.

My Goghie has also put in more work for me than some aoes against zerker bosses as she was how I beat Morgan.

Not to mention even with aoes you can't just brute force some fights like all the memorial cqs have been way harder even with meta units like Junie.

My main point of contention atm in regards to STs isn't that they're bad per se, but simply that the types of content where they excel at aren't plentiful. I'd liken it to how some items were designed in pre-BOTW Zelda games where their usage falls off immensely after the one dungeon they were designed for. Like, sure, you can still use the twilight princess beyblade at a couple other spots outside the Arbiter's Grounds, but it's so few and far between compared to the items you'll actually be using frequently on your journey that it feels severely underutilized.

If we were to categorize FGO into different modes such as "farming", "story", "bosses", "CQs" and "Grail Front", then the distribution between AOE and ST-centered modes would look roughly like:

Farming - AOE centered, small niche for ST.
Story - Not particularly centered towards either in theory. In practice, most nodes contains trash mobs that are more efficiently disposed by AOE servants.
Bosses - Used to be ST centric, bit of a toss-up these days. I'll be generous and say, like, 7 to 3 in favor of STs but this is by no means a rigorous appraisal lol
CQs - Same as above, though I feel like they lean slightly more AOE nowadays. Looking at teslafest we have: 4 quests that don't favor either, 11 that are better suited for AOE, 9 for STs, 6 that are debatable... Let's call it 50-50 and leave it at that. I'll leave the additional note here that, in my experience, AOEs have an easier time clearing ST-centric CQs than STs have clearing AOE quests, but that's largely anecdotal.
Grail Front - Depends on the layout of the map and how you approach it, as there are cases where AOEs can break multiple servants in a single turn, and HP pools are small. But STs perform naturally well here with the 1-on-1 approach so I'll throw them a bone and say Grail Front incentivizes ST for the most part.

As it stands in NA, 4 of those modes are temporary and in very limited supply. Farming is the only permanent mode of game we have, and it is AOEs' home turf. Events are largely farming centric with laughably easy story fights, and fests happen only once every year. The one CQ we get for the usual event is, as argued above, a toss-up on whether or not it'll cater to single target units. You mentioned using ST servants as the clean-up crew, which can be a legitimate use case for them, but it doesn't feel like a very desirable role to be stuck with. Ideally I want to use them as the main stars, not as the emergency Herc that comes out at the last second to deliver the finishing blow or clutch it out. These days I tend to rely more on 1 DPS with a conga line of supporters, but in the specific cases where I do bring up a clean-up servant just in case, often times they don't even come out to play :T
So their niches are much more limited than AOE servants.

It's not so much a balance issue as it is a content design problem. Start making more modes and quests that encourage using single target servants regularly and the problem disappears. Emphasis on regularly. Dantes 2 just released and he seems extremely strong for high difficulty quests, and yet, I was checking some JP-language discussions and I saw a lot of comments from people complaining that he doesn't offer "optimal performance" and saying that he's disappointing... Because he's not good at farming. I even saw someone specifically mention that "hard content is only once a year", therefore there's no reason to roll for him unless you like him. Which, I mean... It seems insane to call a servant like him "not good enough", but they're not wrong if you're looking at it in the perspective of "does he excel at 99% of FGO's actual content?". That's the game Lasengle has been making for a long time. For these players the count isn't good enough in a world where Kintoki exists, not because the latter is a CQ beast with an insane kit or whatever, it's just because he is extremely efficient at the one job you'd most need a ST servant for in JP, which is 90++ farming lol

I find that hard to believe if you're talking strictly NP...

A super whale Muramasa with the best supports barely beats out an average Saito with 1 support Castoria, a welfare and a 3 star.....

NP5 Level 120 Muramasa vs NP3 Level 90 Saito in the first 90++ we get during Summer 7. (And this is with a 50% charge damage CE)

Muramasa (Double Castoria & Oberon) vs Saito (Support Castoria, Hohenheim & Summer Da Vinci)
Wave 1 485k vs 823k
Wave 2 607k vs 895k
Wave 3 1.3m vs 1.1m

Try it yourself this Summer, a Saito that is invested nearly as much as the above Muramsa can clear this 90++ node without the damage CE or Black Grail....

Anyway Muramasa is not really a good example of a strong aoe servant in this day and age... and even Godjuna NP5 is well under Draco NP1 against any 7 servants bosses. And Single Target matters a lot more now in 2024 versus 2022, plenty of 90++ Event nodes, multicore, Ordeal Call 90++ nodes/cqs, a lot more advandced quests etc.

People aren't rolling Draco, Summer Castoria and in 30 odd minutes the newest FGO servant just because they're waifu's or husbando's, they're top tier for a reason.
I was talking about CQ performance, which isn't strictly tied to NP damage. Obviously Saitou deals higher numbers at that (but less on face cards factoring in Muramasa's 100% crit mod). I can only tell you that I used both in two CQs from last year, and specifically noted that Muramasa cleared them in less turns much to my surprise (something like 11 or 12 turns vs 7 for one of the quests, I don't remember the gap for the other). I couldn't tell you which quests those were because I've forgotten, it's been a while and I've barely been paying attention to FGO this past year. That might've been a fluke, RNG or just bad prep, but the fact it was that close when comparing a best-in-class ST against a "not really strong AOE servant these days" seems a little damning to me. This isn't to say Saitou is bad or whatever, he's my favorite shinsengumi dude, I'm just saying his job as a single target boss slayer has been put in jeopardy twice by a guy who isn't even tuned for that lol. And Muramasa already has a much broader use case as a regular in my farming comps whereas Saitou only comes out to play every once in a while.

I can't speak about the state of JP because I don't play it, so my complaints are for the state of the game in NA as is. I'll see in two years if it gets better because I would really like to have an excuse to use my single target servants way more often than I do.

Last edited:

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Did like 3 CQ and really can't be ass'd to do more. 191 boxes cleared. After the CE erasure snafu I managed to MLB 2 more since, ending with 4 of them.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did one of them and tried the second. After I tried to do anything, the enemies kept popping all of the evade, skill seals, stuns, etc. and I just nope'd and quit. I can't be troubled to do it either.

Back to lotto farming.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Cleared half the CQ with ticket as a reward but can't really be arsed with the other half, they kind of require you to have a certain kind of servant or they are completely miserable to clear, left 7-8 tickets on the table.

I haven't farmed boxes either, only used natural AP, I just burn all the embers since I have nothing to level up anymore anyways.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Speedran through the event with arjuna qnd bunny tamamo. I have a low urge to play because of the new lostbelt part is at the end of the year.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I did one of the Super Recollection quest and although i completed it i must say that it sucked and is not worth it, if they wanted people to complete them should either increase the rewards or reduce the HP because that is just so boring and it sucks when you have to fight battles where they force you to use specific NPCs

Just looking at the list it shows that LB4 and LB5.2 use some of those fights to try to use that nonsense

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even sure why I'm farming the lotto as much as I am. All of my Servants are max level, I'm nearly QP-capped, and I don't need mana prisms or the materials.

I'm just doing it 'cause I feel I'd be missing out on something otherwise. :/

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
I'm not heavily grinding, but there are a couple servants coming in the future that I want to make sure I can level. Ran out of stuff recently when I was spooked by a couple of SRs and I didn't have anything on hand to finish em, and I hate being forgetful and leaving people at weird levels, even though I don't use like 95% of my roster so it shouldn't matter.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I've cleared all of the ticket CQs. I was planning of skipping Sweets Universe since I figured that it would be an exception to the idea that new supports changed things, but I tried the Morgan version of the immortal comp on a whim and cleared it on the first try. Also cleared Mega Coil, but I haven't touched Giga Coil. Don't think I plan to.

I did one of the Super Recollection quest and although i completed it i must say that it sucked and is not worth it, if they wanted people to complete them should either increase the rewards or reduce the HP because that is just so boring and it sucks when you have to fight battles where they force you to use specific NPCs

Just looking at the list it shows that LB4 and LB5.2 use some of those fights to try to use that nonsense
Oh, right, those exist. I forgot about those.

Cruziao

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to clear Mega Coil because there are lots of time between release and end of event.
Buuut for Giga Coil... just, why?
Saw some strat for Giga Coil and nope'd the hell out. Not worth the headache for some mats and measly single Lore on a very limited timeframe.

Somehow managed to finish all of the exhibition tho, hated every second of it because it's mostly resetting the game so I got good RNG and can min turn it...

And somehow, lasagna also gave us super recollection on top of all that... Got the ticket and that's that from me.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
The coil quests should've either been no duplicates, nofriend support, or no repeat servants. Not all 3 for limited time quests.