• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nigthwizard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
This event sucked so much, way too many crappy challenge quests.

So many were very rng dependent.

I was able to complete mega coil and nope out of giga coil, not worth the headache.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Ethnicity buff lmao. I pulled on Hai Ba Trung to rep my people since they're the only Vietnamese servant and I got her within my first 10 tickets (like the 4th one?). I pulled more tickets and on my 2nd 10th, I got another copy.

Downfall is I REALLY want Summer Melt and I kept pulling even more xD. I got a 3rd copy before I even got Summer Melt :(

50 tickets + 60SQ
3x Hai Ba Trung NP3
1x Atalanta Berserker NP2
1x Nursery Rhyme NP2

Had to call it a day with summer looming on the horizon.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Cleared the Lost Belt 2 quests, 3 more free tickets and 30 teapots, plus some SQ from doing Free Quests and the interludes.

Gotta hoard everything I can for summer.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
I made it to box 43 on what apples were given to me plus the one or two i had pre-event.

I did all of the Giga coils because someone on the discord posted their teams and I just did those teams with like one change from morgan to Junie lol.

I did all of the Gilfest CQs except for the ones with Caster Gil and ignored the Ishtar ones because i couldn't be bothered once i got to my convention going on this weekend.

Also because of that convention I'm going to ignore the new event probably until i get home sunday XD

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I completely skipped the challenge quests (outside the ones that reward grails/SQ). I already spent way too much time on the game from farming over 100 boxes, I'm not going to waste it further on challenge quests that would have been better employed by being put into any other event type than lotto. absolutely asinine that they decide to put these during a lotto instead of during a dead week or less time-intensive event.

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
Only bothered to do 30 boxes, I'm pretty full up on mats and all of my servants are already fully leveled so didn't see much need to go for more

Trying very hard to resist the urge now to try and NP5 my Pengu Melt, but I have to save for Summer Skadi

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
I forgot to add I FINALLY got my final black grail CE in order to MLB. Ironically/unfortunately it was also in the initial first 10 tickets I rolled.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
What is the last Fate anime that released?
Strange Fake OVA if that counts.

Otherwise there were a few in 2021. Prisma Illya movie, Solomon, Camelot 2, Carnival Phantasm part2

Now if you mean anime series only... Babylonia in 2019? Wow feels like that was ages ago.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Strange Fake OVA if that counts.

Otherwise there were a few in 2021. Prisma Illya movie, Solomon, Camelot 2, Carnival Phantasm part2

Now if you mean anime series only... Babylonia in 2019? Wow feels like that was ages ago.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Camelot is the last thing I could remember so I thought it had been a few years. It's weird that there's such a depth of material to adapt and a huge market for it, yet they only get released sporadically. I guess it's better than rushing and getting something like Extra on a regular basis.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna have to hold myself back from rolling on Morgan's banner this week. I really want to go for NP3, but the other things on rate-up this time around are so ass. Don't want more copies of Wu thanks. At least her next one comes with a decent CE so I'm waiting on that. Logically speaking there's no rush to get another copy, NP2 hasn't really failed me so far but sometimes the bright yellow summon button just wins over rationality.

Luckily this year doesn't really have much going on for me. I know people are crazy for summer but I'm only really somewhat interested in nabbing a copy of Skadi and leaving. She might not save quick but every little bit helps. Other than that I might shoot for NP2 Arc strictly out of FOMO since she hasn't had another rate-up, even though she doesn't really look all that strong to me... And that's pretty much it until yorokobe man and summer castoria next year.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Are any JP players having issues connecting to the game? I seem to continuously be stuck on the connecting screen. No issues with my device or internet as I'm connecting to NA just fine.

Edit: nvm, apparently a lot of people were having the issue and it just required a cache reset. I'm back in. I better check that the login details I have saved down are still correct. I hate this scary system. It's like that sinking feeling is something they want you to feel as part of the game...

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Also just now i realized i fucked up and forgot to do the Valkyries interlude

Yeah I missed quite a few of the free interludes from LB2 that they put out for chars I don't have lol I was just......not paying attention by the end of that event so it was an unfortunate overlap....

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I knew I'd cave in after saying all that bullshit lmao, but I don't regret it at all. Got her in 50 rolls, a Xenobia spook (NP1!), and perhaps most shocking of all: my first fucking copy of Black Grail after nearly 7 years of playing this game!!! Morgan banners are always so good to me, we love a depressed goth queen.

ATXAlchemy

Nov 1, 2017
I swear Nasu's hobby is finding some way to poke at Tamamo people every year.

View: https://imgur.com/2OZX5xF

That's Tamamo on April's Fools.

Normies: That's Tamamo, alright.
Tamamo people: ?!?!?! Nine... nine tails...?

I guess this is the year we get Tamamo Cross in FGO.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Still funny how they still call it "X (but actually Twitter)"

Also just now i realized i fucked up and forgot to do the Valkyries interlude, still at least did the ones that are from limited charcaters and i have a chance in the future considering they are permanent

I think I missed the Valkyrie's one too. I swear there wasn't a notification there tho.

Lilification

Mar 28, 2024
Thank you survey tickets

GKU_PaMbUAA5hEc.jpg

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I knew I'd cave in after saying all that bullshit lmao, but I don't regret it at all. Got her in 50 rolls, a Xenobia spook (NP1!), and perhaps most shocking of all: my first fucking copy of Black Grail after nearly 7 years of playing this game!!! Morgan banners are always so good to me, we love a depressed goth queen.

I'm 2 copies short of MLBing it and I will spend my stash of SQ/Tickets this summer, I'm much more likely to get everything I want than getting a single copy of Black Grail... It's crazy how rare some CEs are and they keep getting harder and harder to get as time passes and more of them get added to the game.

Thank you survey tickets

GKU_PaMbUAA5hEc.jpg

Grats to both of you, Morgan is an awesome all-round unit, especially at NP3+.

Sakashima

Mar 28, 2018
About a year after getting Galatea in one multi, I got another berserker in one multi : Morgan came in the first roll. My savings for this summer are safe.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Yeah I missed quite a few of the free interludes from LB2 that they put out for chars I don't have lol I was just......not paying attention by the end of that event so it was an unfortunate overlap....
I checked when they announced it, only person I was missing was Skadi and lol fuck her so naturally I didn't do it.

I'm still pissed she even got one considering she hijacked Napo's interlude as well.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I need Summer to come so I can pull for Lady Avalon and Summer Skadi. It feels like so long before I actually pulled for something. :/

Icarian

May 9, 2018
I haven't seriously rolled anything since Morgan/Oberon released except for some tickets here and there, less than 10 rolls since.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think Morgan was the last time I pulled too (got her from NP 1 --> NP3). It's been a while. I might have spent a few tickets here and there though, I can't really remember. Haven't used any SQ though.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Just threw 10 tix for a chance to get a NP3 Morgan. Didn't get anything alas. But yeah I'm the same. Just some tickets every now and then.

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
Last time I rolled on NA was KoD, who took me to pity for the first time. Oh, wait, no, the last time was for Faker, who took five multis.

Definitely going to pick up LA when she hits NA, but I've got two temptations before then: Yang Guifei during the DL campaign and Kiara during the Ooku Main Interlude release. I don't know what use I'd get out of Yuyu, but I'd like her. As for Kiara, well, I've definitely found myself thinking that she'd be useful a bunch of times. Pretty sure it's the last time either of them is available outside a paid banner for the foreseeable future. But pulls are an issue...

Over on JP, I last pulled for Super Dantes. Got him, but I didn't feel excited about it, even then.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
I often throw 10 tickets at servants that I want to bait but aren't willing to save for, and I think that has only ever worked with Arthur lol. Though I've gotten a fair amount of SRs from that so it's not a total waste. It does mean I almost never have any tickets lying around, but summoning singles is annoying anyway (where's the 10x Summon ticket button, lasengle?). I've only rolled for King Hassan and my third copy of Morgan this year, but there are definitely a decent number of banners I'm interested in coming in the second half so I gotta prep for those. Going well so far.

I did the CQ with a bunch of different teams out of boredom to test out some DPS and got the following results:

Morgan (6 turns, double Koyan + Castoria + Waver ) - Felt like cheating tbh due to Morgan's event damage bonus, I wish there was a way to turn it off. At any case, I've gone from "I don't need this servant, NP3 Junao 4lyf" to accidentally getting her while rolling for CasCu, to slowly warming up to her and now she's straight up one of my most used and heavily invested servants. Absurd versatility and return of investment. I'm sorry Arjuna bros, I've become a full on Morgan simp...

Muramasa (6 turns, double Cast + Tamamo + Waver) - I don't think Waver even came out for this one, Castoria and Mikon were more than enough to get the ball rolling. Once Muramasa starts he just never stops, and he started at turn 1. I guess these are the perks of having a highly invested arts DPS in this day and age. So anyway, absolutely unplayable unit, please buff him Lasengle 3 turns of rainbow mana burst thanks.

Gilgamesh (7 turns, DK + CastWaver) - Even with his basic bitch ass kit the king still got it. Could've probably done it in 6 with slightly better card rng. Can't wait for his buff man, that star bomb on skill 1 is going to help a lot with his arts cards crit refund.

Dantes ( 9 turns, DoubleSka + Waver + Merlin) - Maybe the most surprising result of all to me, even with relatively gimped supports compared to arts and buster. Really the biggest issue I had was clearing some damage thresholds with my NP1 copy, which would be a non-issue if I rolled for NP2 or managed to get an MLB Black Grail. He could definitely use a buff on his third skill to make both effects last three turns, but honestly I think people underestimate Dantes. He ramps up, refunds and crits as well as ever. Looking forward to trying him out with some Summer Skadi comps this summer.

Arjuna Alter (10 turns, DK + CastWaver + Mash) - So, Arjuna had the opposite problem of Dantes: his damage is overkill, but as soon as the batteries stop rolling he struggles getting his NP back up, which slowed him down significantly during the latter portions of the fight. You really gotta pray for that one arts card to crit, otherwise there goes your momentum in longer fights like this one. He's still my boy though, he's just a sprinter not a runner.

Melusine (10 turns, DK + CastWaver + Mash) - Ok so I said Dantes might've had the most surprising run to me, but I actually think that might really be Melusine. There were 6 Saber health bars just casually thrown in here, not the best CQ for her to showcase her stuff at all and she still managed to keep up with freaking Arjuna despite significantly lower investment (she is NP2, he is 2k Fou NP3). Absolutely batshit insane unit. She's just her.

Iskandar (15 turns lol, DK + Cast + Merlin + Mash) - Please give this man a battery, I beg you. My man ran into all the issues: inadequate damage thresholds AND trouble getting his NP up, the best of both worlds. TBF, he kept missing the breaks by like 1k to 20k, one time he missed it by freaking 500, so it's absolutely a low NP level problem that could be easily solved. Ain't nothing helping with that refund though, STOP IGNORING HIM YOU COWARDS BUFF MY BRO!!! Anyway he still did his best!!!!!! We love a scrappy underdog crying to get to the finish line and just barely getting by with medical assistance. Look at him go

Arthur (LMFAOOOOO) - I tried. I didn't succeed. Let's just leave it at that. Not even Castoria-Merlin could carry this absolute unit. For the love of god Lasengle give this man an NP interlude, that Excalibur hits softer than cotton candy. It failed to finish off a 70k HP Sakamoto with class advantage gtfo.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Morgan (6 turns, double Koyan + Castoria + Waver ) - Felt like cheating tbh due to Morgan's event damage bonus, I wish there was a way to turn it off. At any case, I've gone from "I don't need this servant, NP3 Junao 4lyf" to accidentally getting her while rolling for CasCu, to slowly warming up to her and now she's straight up one of my most used and heavily invested servants. Absurd versatility and return of investment. I'm sorry Arjuna bros, I've become a full on Morgan simp...

People tend to compare Arjuna Alter and Morgan because they're both Buster Berserkers with AoE NPs but they fit two different roles, Arjuna Alter's damage is on a different league compared to Morgan's but that all he brings, burst damage. Morgan has a lot of versatility for CQs, plays completely different than Arjuna.

Arjuna is the buster king of 3T content, Morgan is the queen of CQs, but also has potential as a 3T farmer if you invest into her heavily, mine 3T all 90+ nodes without plugsuit.

Wish they released a CE with 2k ATK, 30% starting NP and 40% NP damage or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I hate that there was that dumb Arjuna/Morgan stuff. For me they play pretty different roles.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I've tossed ten tickets to banners that interested me whenever I built up ten of them. The 5-star that I last spent my SQ to try to grab was Oberon, and everything else I got after him was with tickets or GSSR.

My next opportunity to actual spend my SQ is Summer Kiara re-run in July for NP5, then the onslaught of summer servants in August with Lady Avalon/Summer Skadi/Summer Ibuki. I only need NP1 of Lady Avalon/Summer Skadi, but Summer Ibuki will be the first servant since pity was implemented that I'm interested in getting more than NP1 on her release banner (Summer Castoria/Draco next year are the next targets I'd be interested in doing that with as well).

Screenshot-20240402-080209-Fate-GO.jpg

If I have the literal worst luck possible (need to hard pity every servant I want), I'll at least leave summer with my last copy of Summer Kiara, and NP1 of each summer servant at least...

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
People tend to compare Arjuna Alter and Morgan because they're both Buster Berserkers with AoE NPs but they fit two different roles, Arjuna Alter's damage is on a different league compared to Morgan's but that all he brings, burst damage. Morgan has a lot of versatility for CQs, plays completely different than Arjuna.

Arjuna is the buster king of 3T content, Morgan is the queen of CQs, but also has potential as a 3T farmer if you invest into her heavily, mine 3T all 90+ nodes without plugsuit.

Wish they released a CE with 2k ATK, 30% starting NP and 40% NP damage or something along those lines.
To clarify if it wasn't clear by the tone of the post, my comments are firmly tongue in cheek lol. I'm aware of their differences and they don't step into each other's toes as much as some of the top arts loopers, but being aoe buster zerks with batteries and generally similar duties naturally invite the comparisons (alongside Raikou sometimes) so I get why people do it, specially when deciding which one to invest in.

That hypothetical CE would put Heaven's Feel even more out of a job than it already is. They could maybe get away with 25, at which point you might as well use Cranking. Speaking of which, looking forward to getting that and I hope I don't gotta farm for the 5th copy, hate it when they do that.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
Oh, I got the tone of the post, my reply wasn't directed specifically at you but the community at large.

Totally agree on the Arts loopers, there's just so many. Space Ishtar sat at the top not long ago and now she's all but forgotten except for those who heavily invested in her, even if you just look at the Avengers there's way too many.

Luckily you don't need to rely on drops for a 5th copy of Cranking, there 4 in the Shop and one in the points ladder.

There'll be a free SSR CE ticket for this anniversary I believe, I'll only need one more copy of to MLB it then... Hope I can get a copy while trying to get all the servants I want.

Lynx_7

Oct 25, 2017
Im a salty quick fan, so I still don't have a proper all around arts zerker.
Me neither and I have zero interest in SIbuki tbh lol
My only "proper" arts loopers are Muramasa, Percival, Chen Gong(??), Fionn and Sieg. I only ever use the first three, and honestly as someone who has farmed every single 90+ node with 6CE this far I have never felt the need to roll for one of the much touted universal solutions. There's been nothing that couldn't be farmed between Muramasa, Gilgamesh, Arjuna and Morgan, and I've recently added Melusine to that list. We'll see how it goes once 90++ gets introduced, but to my knowledge there are no universal solutions to that. Not even gigamaxed (2K fou, 120 NP5) SIbuki or AA, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I do ever get myself a proper arts looper I'd still go for Ishtar or SKama over everyone else because Rin and Sakura, I don't care that they're "outdated", I mostly roll for character and I strongly favor Ishtar between those two. Maybe if I really like Tez at LB7 I could roll for him, we'll see. No one else really catches my eyes, and we'll be getting Iyo as a free option soon anyway so it's not like there's any pressing need to go for them lol. As for quick, I've given up on farming I just hope SSkadi makes them fun to use in CQs.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Totally agree on the Arts loopers, there's just so many. Space Ishtar sat at the top not long ago and now she's all but forgotten except for those who heavily invested in her, even if you just look at the Avengers there's way too many.
This is a weird take. She was the best farmer for 2 years, and currently still the best farmer on NA until this Summer comes. You say it like she had a month at the top.
We'll see how it goes once 90++ gets introduced, but to my knowledge there are no universal solutions to that. Not even gigamaxed (2K fou, 120 NP5) SIbuki or AA, but someone correct me if I'm wrong.
You're not wrong. The problem isn't damage though. The problem is structure. 90+ is always x/1/x, 1/x/x, or 1/1/x, and the health pools are pretty much always within that structure. The 1 node will usually be 165k (on wave 2 in a 1/1/x node) and the last node will be between 220k and 250k (these can change if there's a bonus damage CE though).

90++ has no structure it. The number of enemies changes each time and the amount of health does too. There was a node a while back that was 1/1/1 with 800k on the first wave, 400k on the second, and 600k on the last (iirc). 90++ nodes are for people who complained that farming should be more interesting. It's a puzzle that you need to work out with your roster. It's the most stamina efficient node, but it's arguably the most irl time inefficient between solving it and then actually running it, as it can often (but not always) require plugsuit + Crane or Chloe.

For me personally it's not worth it. If you have one of the omni farmers who can do 90+ without plugsuit there's no objective reason to go beyond that. The gains of 90++ can often be made up in a single additional run 90+, so it's mostly if you want to do it for fun. If you're plugsuitting 90+ though then (objectively) it could be worth considering.

Icarian

May 9, 2018
This is a weird take. She was the best farmer for 2 years, and currently still the best farmer on NA until this Summer comes. You say it like she had a month at the top.

I didn't say she wasn't good, but it's undeniable that discussion about Space Ishtar has subsided a lot, looking at just Avenger arts loopers we have Kama, Nitocris, and recently Marie that fit very similar roles.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Have we had the free 5* CE in NA yet? I can't remember. I kind of want to max my formal craft. I don't use it often but it's useful from time to time (like this 90+ node).
I didn't say she wasn't good, but it's undeniable that discussion about Space Ishtar has subsided a lot, looking at just Avenger arts loopers we have Kama, Nitocris, and recently Marie that fit very similar roles.
Well yeah ofc, she's a 6+ year old servant at this point in JP. The way you said it was like her reign was short-lived.

You also have to recognise that part of the conversation moving away from her is the fact that people just like the new hotness. Objectively she's a tier above all 3 of those, which is insane considering how old she is. They either have issues with refund or damage which makes them inconsistent on 90+ without plugsuit (at which point you might as well use Buster). But people want to play with new toys regardless. It can be boring using the same unit for 4 consecutive years.

I use FGA though so it makes no difference to me who is on screen. I'll continue to use her for the next 2 years at least seeing as she won't have any problems with any 90+ node.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
holy how long have you been saving for
Back during last anniversary, I had 2485 SQ saved for Koyanskaya/Oberon. After getting Koyanskaya/Oberon and getting the anniversary SQ, I still had 2341 in July, so I just kept saving SQ (while spending tickets on any banner I was interested in when I had at least 10). It's been about 9 months since I last spent SQ if I'm remembering right.

orochi91

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
just started the event and holy heck, it's Ereshkigal!

I can't remember the last time we even saw her, loool

EDIT: these are the ugliest/creepiest Mermans ever

Naha-

Feb 6, 2019
These news are wild. Nasu actually writing something new for Mahoyo since 2012 is crazy. If TM is doing this, I want to believe they actually want to sell Mahoyo 1 to the FGO fanbase and hopefully generate expectations for a sequel? Or just the movie?

I'm definitely not looking forward to Aoko/Alice being used as waifu bait for Ritsuka. But well, I'm installing FGO JP and crossing my fingers someone translate the event later, I ain't waiting 2-3 years for this.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Decided on a whim to re-install fgo after dropping it a year and a month ago. The 60 fps mode is pretty nice, and managed to get Morgan in 120 quartz, so that's neat. Not sure yet if i'll keep on it or dropping it again, but so far i'm having fun.