• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Vader/Anakin,

Used to not like the Anakin half of the character, but the animated shows fixed that.
Clone Wars Anakin plus Vader is perfection.

latest

Luke is close 2nd and was my favorite prior to the Clone Wars.
Revan 3rd.

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Dexter Jettster is pretty cool too.
He knows about super assassin shit and makes a mean cup o' joe.

He should have gotten the solo movie.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm... Well...

As a kid I always wanted to be Luke Skywalker, but as I grew older I developed an appreciation for Kenobi.

Now though, it's probably Luke again.

Honorable mention goes to Anakin/Vader, but that's with his development in the animated shows.

Oct 27, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland
I'm not a diehard Star Wars fan but it's probably Kylo Ren for me, there are layers and emotions in that character and that performance that have a substance that these movies hadn't really gotten to before. I don't think there's a better show of acting in any of these movies than what Driver does in TFA and especially TLJ.

Oozer

Oct 25, 2017
No Bidlo Kwerve?!? But he had the most important head in the galaxy!

Mostly serious answer: Nien Nunb.

Actually serious answer: Padme, narrowly beating out Rey and Anakin.

Soneji

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Easily Kylo Ren for me, a complex character with compelling struggles, that has a perfect mix of being vulnerable and being badass/scary. Easily a character that could have gone terribly wrong with the wrong actor but Adam Driver's performance is breathtaking.

Palpatine or Luke would come second and third. Palpatine just dominates what few scenes he is in, while Luke has extremely satisfying ends to his character arcs that are among my favorite moments in all of cinema.

Melkezadek

Oct 27, 2017
Darth Plagueis

I've been digging into Legends lately and I've found myself absolutely fascinated by the character of Plagueis . Should Disney go forward with a Bane or Revan series, I hope to see his story told as well. I think it heighten my appreciation of Episode 1. Certainly did for me.

Some of my favorite lightsaber duels are becoming the ones told in the audiobooks. This exert takes place after a meeting with Plagueis (as Hego Damask) attended with his Banking Clan. An intruder has broken into the perimeter and it turns out that it is actually a second apprentice his former master trained to assassinate him. It's a cool moment you don't see in the movies, where it's darkside vs darkside and I recommend anyone interested to take a listen. (Especially fans Ep.3)

The scene is the first 13 minutes.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Before the prequels it was Yoda. After the prequels he's close to my least favorite.
But my headcanon is that nothing after the OT is real, so Yoda.
Naw, what's been seen can't be unseen. Fuck it, it's Leia now. But I didn't watch The Last Jedi. Maybe there's something in there to ruin her, too.

Last edited:

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
When I first saw them as a kid it was Yoda. Now it's Obi Wan. Honorable mention to Qui Gonn, he knew what was up with the garbage jedi council.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Palpatine. What's with the dumb name jokes though? Give one of the best villains of all time some dignity.

Runner up is Vader. Not Anakin, they're different.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As much flack as the prequels rightfully get, it's fucking amazing how much they were able to do with Palpatine. A 4d chess mastermind, played by an actor who delights in chewing scenery, who actually wins by the end? Marvelous.

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Prequels: Obi Wan
Original: Palpatine by a hair, but the OT has tons of other great characters
Sequels: Kylo Ren

I haven't seen all that much of the animated stuff.