• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Since everyone's go-to answer to this is obviously going to be Astro's Playroom, I'm interested to hear what other games you've felt made the best use of the controller's unique features.

Mine might have to be GTA V. I wasn't sure if I was up for a 20th play-through of it, but after playing around in Online, I felt like the Dualsense really enhanced the game feel in a way I wasn't expecting, especially with the haptics when driving.

vaderise

Oct 30, 2017
Antalya / Turkey
User Banned (1 Month): Discussion of Banned Game
There is one particular game about some wizard kids that does an exceptional job using Dualsense controller but we don't talk about that stuff here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Fortnite, its implementation of gyro aiming & flick stick is still unrivaled by the rest of the gaming industry (yes, even Nintendo). Epic even used the adaptive triggers in a smart way (it can simulate a short-pull trigger).

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Turning it off.

It's kinda cool in some cases but most times it's loud an distracting and I think my controller is about to break.

Yuuber

Oct 28, 2017
I think the second-best implementation is in Returnal. It really helps elevate an already excellent game.

Honorable mention to GT7 too.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A lot of good ones mentioned in this thread:

www.resetera.com

Favorite Haptic Feedback and Adaptive Trigger Implementations of 2022?

This thread can include whatever haptics you enjoyed from 2022! To be honest, all of mine were on PS5 because that DualSense is just amazing. Do you have a favorite trigger implementation or feeling of immersion you got from the haptic feedback? I'll only state a couple for myself so I can...
I think GT7 is a really clear winner, along with Returnal.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Gran Turismo or WRC9 had the best use for me. Knowing from the triggers when you have grip is a great addition.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Turning it off.

It's kinda cool in some cases but most times it's loud an distracting and I think my controller is about to break.

This is probably a hot take, I have yet to experience one enjoyable experience with the triggers themself. I hated them in Returnal, Ratchet and Horizon FW. The haptics are what I enjoy, the triggers are just an obstacle most of the time. I haven't played GT7 to be fair.

impiri

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal is incredible right from the jump when you feel the raindrops in the opening area. Between the haptics and the trigger resistance, I can't imagine playing it without a DualSense.

Ghost of Tsushima on PS5 has some really great moments with the haptics such as when you cross a wooden bridge on a horse.

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
Returnal is good but people always forget about Control in these threads. Control PS5 edition makes a great use of the DualSense, all the guns feel so distinct

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
GT7 would probably be it but I think even a basic force-feedback wheel like my ol' trust G29 blows away anything a controller can do.

It's not technically the best for sure but I always seem to notice it the most when playing Hitman. Played at its best you should be very rarely pulling that trigger, so each time you do the weight of the pull enhances the moment.

I'm really, really looking forward to getting a PSVR2 and feeling that tech in a VR context.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
After Astro & Returnal I'd give it to Control.

Unleashing a Pierce shot looks, sounds, and now feels like God slamming his car door.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Echoing the turning them off, Playroom has been the only good implementation

Returnal's implementation works but it didn't feel like it added to the game, it was essentially just an alternate control scheme

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Gran Turismo 7 just adds so much to the feel of the car on each surface. Really love it in that.

And of course Returnal is just fantastic too between the weapon fire and feeling of rain. Those are easily the best

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I heard Returnal had a great implementation and was excited to play it when it launched on Plus Extra especially to try the DualSense gimmicks but the game showed that my controller had drift and it made me just halt playing on PS5 for the better part of the last six months :(

LV-0504

Oct 6, 2022
Death Stranding, I always loved the traversal mechanics in the game and the DualSense took them to another level. I recently abandoned a playthrough on Steam Deck because it just wasnt the same without it.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Astros is great.

I've since turned off the triggers since they didn't add anything elsewhere and I can't even feel the haptics compared to rumble, which is a problem with my hands rather than controllers.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
The feel when hitting a perfect/perfect home run in MLB The Show is great. It's the reason why I still pay for the PS5 version instead of playing it for free on Game Pass.

xtib81

Mar 10, 2019
Idk, maybe when you speed up in a car in CP2077. But the features or the dualsense have left me unimpressed so far.

N2BearHugs

May 29, 2018
Best? GT7. Returnal.

Can I nominate a game for worst use of adaptive triggers?

When Worms Rumble launched on PS5, your trigger would completely lock after your gun's clip emptied. It was legitimately painful when it occurred, and they patched it out quickly.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
GT7, Returnal, WRC 9 and Generations, R&C Rift Apart and Cyberpunk 2077.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Raindrops in Returnal. I don't like the triggers, but the haptic feedback can be really cool.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Returnal is the only game I've played (besides Astro) that actually felt like it was making good use of the controller.

EDIT: Ratchet & Clank was also fine, but not as good as Returnal.

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Anything with guns. I love the way games simulate the pull of a trigger along with the haptics when you fire a gun.

Not the DS, but the VR Sense controllers when playing RE8 has been particularly immersive.

Bunkem

Prophet of Truth
Aug 25, 2021
The metallic clang feeling in Demon's Souls is my favourite use of it. Scanning in Returnal also feels extremely satisfying.

Tawantabe

Mar 20, 2019
Returnal is the only game ive left them on, they mostly feel like garbage to me. Also think they are using haptics too much. I dont need to feel footsteps, and every minor action it makes me numb to damage eventually happening.

TraCuz-

Unshakable Resolve
Jul 9, 2021
I don't play Call of Duty much, but I have to give a shoutout to Cold War the one that released with the PS5. Can't speak for the triggers since I turn them off for multiplayer, but the haptics seriously are top notch.

It's so impressive to me that I could have my eyes closed but know that a grenade is next to me in game, just based on how the controller felt. I remember that feeling "next gen".

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Returnal obviously.

I actually liked it in Dead Space as well. All the guns felt different and the rumble from things like zooming around in zero g was cool.

OgTheEnigma

Oct 27, 2017
Liverpool
A lot of people seem to like it in GT7, but I hated using it there for one simple reason: the gigantic full press deadzones with L2 and R2. It makes easing off the brake and throttle impossible to do gradually. It's bad enough that I stick to playing the PS4 version of GT7 with a DualShock 4, even when I have access to a PS5.

Here's a Reddit thread that goes into detail about the issue: https://old.reddit.com/r/Dualsense/comments/tz3t57/huge_outerdeadzone_on_the_dualsenses_triggers/

Last edited: