• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
Returnal.

I've posted so many times for some things I don't have to check the status on screen, I can just go by sounds and haptics, vibrations.

There is a reload mechanic that has a perk, but you have to time it right. Doing that basically without looking is some next gen type shit.

lilty

Oct 25, 2017
New Brunswick
GT7 is so good. The clunk when you are hitting slabs of concrete on the expressway track or how puddles feel in wet weather are so convincing.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Returnal.

But I also really liked it im Ratchet. Feeling the vibrations getting more intense the closer you got to Club Nefarious especially.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Ratchet and Clank
One I particularly liked in Miles Morales tho is the feel of charging up your jump to let you know when it's ready

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I really liked the subtle footsteps in Death Loop. Some of the weapons were really satisfying with the triggers too.

But the real killer feature is using it with Steam Input. Gyro controls + custom menus mapped to the touchpad is amazing.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Returnal and Demons' Souls have been the only impressive implementations

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Returnal for me. Going by this thread I now look forward to trying GT7! Just waiting for their next sale.

Dis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably returnal which I need to get back to again, but honestly I love the triggers and even games that use them for only basic things make them more enjoyable for me. I outright hate going back to my XSX controller after using my ps5 because of the lack of the triggers.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
Wish more games used it on the level Astro did. Returnal gets second place so far. Can't wait for more to use it in unique ways down the road.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Thinking of recent examples, It's not a great game overall, but Season A Letter to the Past makes nice use of it.

Yorker14

Apr 27, 2022
Sydney, Australia
Returnal 100%. It's just about as impressive to me as Astro is in that regard, it's simply that the type of game Astro is "shows off" the features in more obvious ways.

Other than that, I've been impressed by the Dualsense features in these as well:
  • Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • Death Stranding: Director's Cut

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Really liked Rift Apart, where it was used to activate the alternative fire modes. Basically added an extra button to the controller.

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
My default response is Returnal.

Another one I seldom see in these threads is Demon's Souls. Specifically the controller audio mixed with haptics during combat is quite immersive.

AvianAviator

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Jun 23, 2021
Man, I've barely played my PS5 so my answers are pretty limited.

But I enjoy in FFXIV when you walk on different surfaces, your controller rumbles differently, plus the speakers play the sound of your footsteps. It's a really nice effect.

amara

Nov 23, 2021
Feeling the terrain as your traversing is very immersive in Death Stranding. By far the best way to play it

BionicDreamer

Nov 6, 2017
I thought it was really well used in Death Stranding and it added to the feeling of Sam actually carrying something heavy.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Honestly it's little subtle stuff

I love adaptive triggers

I love that pulling the left trigger to lift a shotgun in the RE games feels heavier than lifting a pistol

I love the thud of zero g footsteps in Dead Space

I like the feeling of a flat tire in SnowRunner

TranceStation

alt account
Banned
Feb 24, 2023
Returnal and GT7 are up there with Astro for me.
I also enjoyed a lot Ghost of Tsushima, Borderlands 3, Ratchet, CP 2077, Dirt 5 and Doom Eternal.
Demons Souls is subtle but also really well implemented.
Still want to try Death Stranding.

On a side note the VR Senses on Pistol Whip and RE8 are rad ! Shotting with the shotgun on RE8 is really cool beacause of the impact on the headset too.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
GT7 just feels amazing with the DualSense controller. Nothing beats a racing wheel, but the feedback the controller can provide is valuable and enjoyable.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Shout out to GT7 as well. Just works so well with racing. Returnal too.

Feb 25, 2022
It's pretty silly that only Astro's Playroom, Returnal, and a handful of other games utilize the feature in a worthwhile way. Most games feel better turning adaptive triggers and haptic feedback off. For the RE 4 Remake demo it was distracting and made the game feel worse to me--turning it off made it feel much better.

Whatever Team ASOBI puts out next will of course be a showpiece. Other first-party studios should consult with them and Housemarque on how to implement it well. Sony should also allow Team ASOBI and Housemarque to lend their expertise to key third-party developers on how to implement it well.

Last edited:

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Not my favorites because I'm too lazy to think right now, but I recently played The Callisto Protocol and, while not a DualSense exclusive feature, I liked hearing my partner in the game talk to me through the controller's speakers, it kinda made it feel like it was really someone talking to me over the radio.
I'm currently playing Dead Space and I like how the triggers become sturdier as I run out of ammo, it's a nice touch that has definitely helped me during moments when shit hit the fan.

Kapote

Jul 3, 2019
Yeah, GT7 is amazing.

The way you can feel the tire on the curbs with the haptic feedback
The texture it brings to the menus
How you can feel the different engines at the garage
The feel of gradually braking/accelerating
How you can tell by feel that you're loosing control of the car

I love it.

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal. Hoovering up up oobolites is so damn satisfying. The suction of parasites, different weapon effects (espicially the ramping up of the Carbine) and raindrops are all really cool.
Not only that but it also communicates important gameplay info, like the availability of your alt fire.

I love the DualSense. Playing wireless on PC with an Xbox controller feels so damn flat now.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
I'm gonna be real sad if the next Astro is VR only, I loved playroom and want more
But I understand that VR2 needs appealing exclusives

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Tons of games that use it well, but Returnal and Demon's Souls espedially.
In Demon's Souls it was magical, I was in 5-2 completely in darkness with low health, suddenly I felt a poison cloud slowly approaching me from the right side, without the Haptic Feedback I most likely would have died right there because I wouldn't notice the poison until I was too deep in it.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Returnal and Ratchet & Clank use it in a meaningful way. It would feel weird to play them without the Dualsense features.

Most other games use it gimmicky, but these two are actually improved by it. GT7 sounds great too but I haven't played it yet.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
The Pathless - Shooting the bow
Horizon FW - Shooting the bow / Walking through high grass / Gyro aiming
Deep Rock Galactic - Firing all the weapons / Gyro aiming
Bugsnax - Pretty much everything

All these games understand that less is more when using it for shooting weapons. You get subtle bumps in the trigger without it feeling too heavy or fatiguing. Capcom should take notes.

Zweisy1

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah Astrobot an Returnal are still the best use of the haptic feedback on Dual Sense as well the best Sony 1st party games so far this gen. Team Asobi and Housemarque rock.

yalk_dx

Nov 3, 2020
gt7 but its great in most everything that uses it, only a few games i've played where the devs implemented it badly.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
No contest, it's WRC 9 (and presumably subsequent games, I know WRC Generations has adaptive triggers support on PC for Dualsense as well).

GT7 is fine and all but the way WRC communicates to you the status of your car through the haptics and adaptive triggers is something I don't think GT7 has an equivalent for. Fuck up your engine or your brakes, and the triggers will let you know immediately how bad things are. The sensation of loose gravel striking the undercarriage of your car is fantastic too.