• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta get some shut-eye for the move tomorrow. I'll catch Nodoka's coronation in the car in the morning.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I was expecting a new NEO Biishiki-gun but Misao was the last person I thought would join and it made the most sense. Fuck, that made the Rika match mean even more for her given she would have been with the White Dragon if she won. The Ace's return win is bittersweet.

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was expecting a new NEO Biishiki-gun but Misao was the last person I thought would join and it made the most sense. Fuck, that made the Rika match mean even more for her given she would have been with the White Dragon if she won. The Ace's return win is bittersweet.
It was perfectly set up. Even the whole Misao coming back and doing her same old shtick and losing played into it.
I hate and love the result.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
That was a very cool double Fire Thunder Powerbomb. Also the Front Choke/Cutie Special was golden.

I was super happy to see Mizuki win the belt because I always thought she was overlooked but now I'm thinking she's even better than I thought.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Nodoka absorbign Miyu's offence was great even if I thought their last match together was better. But it's time for Yuka's second reign!

Oct 26, 2017
UK
The whole show was fab. My highlights were Rika vs Misao because it's the kind of match I adore and Miaso's heel heel turn because it makes so much sense.

Also for bonus joshi here's best rookie AZM nailing a no hands rana:

Q0LmrCj.gif

mattsdl

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yuka gonna win the belt so she can show up at Double or Nothing with it.

Like I'm cool with Yuka being champ, but if they do it, the reason for it will be pretty transparent.
I maybe could see that happening if the title match wasn't before Miyu goes to the USA.

I loved the show but I need to rewatch the tag title match because it came too quickly after Misao's betrayal.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I want it to be Shoko but I really get the feeling they'd put it on Yuka going into DoN. I hope I'm wrong and it's Shoko though, she really deserves a run.

Shoko said she'd challenge if Nodoka didn't win so I imagine her former partner stealing her spot will play a roll in it. Given how stong Miyu's reign has been I doubt they'll end it due to some AEW publicity, especially because Yuka will speak for herself and might be on the losing end of the match.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
TJPW sounds like it was a great show. Wish I could have watched it, but I will later.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dave posted on his forum that Arn and Vince had a yelling match so Vince sent him home. He's heaing different versions of what they were yeelling about so he'll have info later on.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
Very good TJPW show. Natsumi carried Itoh to a rare good match. Probably Itoh's best singles match. Tag titles and main were quite good as well.

I love the Misao story on this show. Started the night commenting on how she had been there for 4 years but never had a title shot let alone held a championship and fought Rika in a match with no shenanigans, attacking her injured shoulder throughout in an attempt to get prove herself to Rika, wanting to form a tag team with her. She loses the match then later attacks Rika and offers herself to Sakisama to get stronger. To prove her conviction she tears off her mask and cuts it in half. I especially like the extra touch in after they leave, Rika picks up the discarded mask, a great moment when you remember that last year she cut her hair to prove her conviction to Miyu.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017

Meltzer or Pollock mentioned that actually a lot of people in the area she was in make the mistake she did.

Yeah, Detroit has a bunch of one way road bullshit that if you're not familiar with the area you can end up going the wrong way on, especially at night with no traffic, worse with the poor road upkeep and especially since the weather here has been shit.

Stall_19

Oct 27, 2017
An interesting tidbit from the Kenny interview is that during his CEO/NJPW wrestling event he hosted, he had wanted to have a women's match on the card but was told no by New Japan. "That's not New Japan" they told him.

Status
Not open for further replies.