PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Wow about time. for Honor was offered many times on PC through uplay and Steam itself. About time to add it on PS4. sadly they shoudl have added it before the AC event ended. but the best news is the 100 GB of storage. Damn I really wanted that especially with the extra PS PLus prices we are paying. there are many games that exceed 1GB of storage and saves and with a handful of those we will run out of cloud storage so quickly. Also MGS4???? I really wished the PS4 ahd retro-compatibility and didn't remove the analogue features from the DS4. I don't know where I can find a PS3 now or who can lend me his.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good month! I've been curious about For Honor and Hitman. This month combined with Games with gold February will add 4 more games to my backlog......

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I feel we've been getting a decent amount of Ubi titles in the last year. Wonder if they'll ever put up a non-DLC Assassin's Creed.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
That's a damn good month. I've been wanting to pick up For Honor for a while since it's been on sale constantly but there was always something else I wanted more during said sales. Hitman should be good fun, I've heard nothing but good things so I'm looking forward to that.

Ryszard

Apr 7, 2018
Play Hitman guys. And then buy and play Hitman 2.

Let's show some love to IO Interactive and their amazing work.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Ridicolous, For Honor is free on PC and half the episodes of Hitman had the same sort on PC.
Jeez if I miss the indies on Plus, now we only get uninteresting AAA flops.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
MGS4 holy shit.

My ps3 doesn't accept physical disk anymore so this is a godsend.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wow, most disappointing month in years?

I feel like both developers gave you more opportunities to play Hitman and For Honor in the last few months than I have fingers on my hands, so in that case, bad month for me.

Last edited:

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
Ridicolous, For Honor is free on PC and half the episodes of Hitman had the same sort on PC.
Jeez if I miss the indies on Plus, now we only get uninteresting AAA flops.
Yeah but what about people who don't have PC? some console players are just straight console so this is a pretty great month for them

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wow! Besides MGS4 I own none of these and enjoyed the Hitman and For Honor demos. A great month imo.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I'm really interested to see what Sony do next month for Plus - I know they've said that the monthly Plus line-up will consist of only two PS4 games but I'd be surprised if they stuck to this as going from 6 games to 2 wouldn't really look that great a move

Maybe a VR game, or chucking a movie in? I'm not convinced that they'd allow access to PS Now as there's too much money to be made with that outside of Plus.

Of course I could well be wrong and they do end up sticking to just 2 games a month...

-girgosz-

Aug 16, 2018
Great lineup. Migh finally play Hitman 1 if I find some time. There's no subscription service for more free time right?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
For Honor is one of the most under-appreciated games this gen. It's a ludicrously deep and fun take on fighting/action games.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JLjI.gif

Nope.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Already own Hitman 2016 but very happy that others get to experience it. Interested in For Honor, anyone have any recommendations for it?
It and Rocket League are my favorite multiplayer games this gen. It's like God Hand mixed with a fighter.

You have three directions to point light and heavy attacks, you can feint heavy attacks with O, dodge with X, and guardbreak / counter-guardbreak with Square. Blocking consists of holding your weapon in the direction of the incoming attack, and initiating a heavy attack in the direction of an incoming attack the moment it hits you becomes a parry that allows you to land a heavy, most times. A heavy blow that finishes your opponent allows you to initiate an execution, which is essentially a fatality that heals you slightly and prevents your enemy from being revived.

Every character is unique, but are split between archetypes of Assassin, Heavy, Vanguard, and Hybrid. They all have unique taunts and executions, unique mechanics that differentiate them, etc.

The campaign is campy, but pure entertainment, filled with world lore, and the entirety can be completed via online co-op.

Multiplayer consists of a few types of 4v4 modes, a 2v2 brawl, and 1v1 duel, with some periodic rotating special modes.

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ending the PS3 support with MGS4 feels right. I wonder what's gonna be added now that there's not going to be any PS3 and Vita games. 3 PS4 and 1 VR game? Or 2 PS4 and 2 VR games?

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I will finally play a MGS game :)
Can I start with 4 or do I have to play the others first?
You absolutely must play some others first. It will make absolutely no sense whatsoever without them. MGS1 and MGS2 are mandatory, the rest of the games take place in the past with different characters and are not required, although one of the big reveals in 4 is a huge MGS3 reference. Playing in release order is always going to be preferable and the HD collection includes MGS3 so you might as well play that one as well.

MGS1 is a bit annoying because it only has PS1 and Gamecube versions, but you can buy it as a PS1 classic on PS3 or on the Playstation Classic.

MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker are in a HD Collection on PS3 and 360. If you have an Xbox 360, that version is better because it is lacking an absolutely awful pressure sensitive button gimmick and the PS3 version does not have an option to switch to that. Note that Peace Walker came out AFTER MGS4 so if you want to do release order, play MGS4 first.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like I will finally play a MGS game :)
Can I start with 4 or do I have to play the others first?

While every game tells its own story from beginning to end they're all heavily connected to each other with a general narrative, which would be impossible to follow without any prior knowledge. You would have no idea who all those characters are, what their motivations are etc. MGS4 also relies heavily on references to the older games, especially MGS3. Personally I wouldn't really recommend playing it before MGS 1-3. At least watch a recap / story summary of MGS 1-3 if you don't have the time (or don't want to) go through the whole series before MGS4. That's what would I recommend at least.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
You absolutely must play some others first. It will make absolutely no sense whatsoever without them. MGS1 and MGS2 are mandatory, the rest of the games take place in the past with different characters and are not required, although one of the big reveals in 4 is a huge MGS3 reference.

MGS1 is a bit annoying because it only has PS1 and Gamecube versions, but you can buy it as a PS1 classic on PS3 or on the Playstation Classic.

MGS2, 3 and Peace Walker are in a HD Collection on PS3 and 360. If you have an Xbox 360, that version is better because it is lacking an absolutely awful pressure sensitive button gimmick and the PS3 version does not have an option to switch to that.

Only got a PS3, but looks like I am covered there..
Thanks! :)

I've been wanting to try out the series and this is the kick I needed.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I think Konami released all their titles on PSPlus or almost. At least they gave ZOE Collection, MGS HD Collection for Vita, MGSIV.
Anyway I thought March was the last month we would get PS3 and Vita games, instead is February and they will just extend the available time for PS3/Vita games for a couple of days.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for the next month , I always metal MGS 4. I might have to dust off the old PS3

Arih

Jan 19, 2018
Oh nice! If i like For Honor, how much is it going to cost me to have all expansions up to date?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
To be 100% clear, I can't get MGS4 on the PS4 right? Hitman seems like it'll be good anyway.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
So Steeps gets added to PS Now, a month later it gets added to PS+.
For Honor gets added to PS Now, and surprise, a month later it gets added to PS+.

If they are trying to make me feel miserable to be subscribed to both services, they are succeeding.