SlayerSaint

Jan 6, 2019
If I've added a PS+ game to my library (but not downloaded it), lose my PS+ subscription and regain it a month later, will I still be able to download said game from my library? Sorry for the noob question but I've never lost my PS+ sub and when I googled it it specified "any PS+ titles you've previously downloaded" so I'm unsure.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
If I've added a PS+ game to my library (but not downloaded it), lose my PS+ subscription and regain it a month later, will I still be able to download said game from my library? Sorry for the noob question but I've never lost my PS+ sub and when I googled it it specified "any PS+ titles you've previously downloaded" so I'm unsure.

Yes

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
There are a bunch of us in the other thread if you want proof that we exist. We're power users and even then, a bunch of games have huge filesizes that make that 10GB much smaller than it seems. The brand new Kingdom Hearts III is a 670 MB save for me.
Oh I don't doubt they exist, I just doubt it's significant number of users. I imagine if most people who were capped took the time and went through their saves, they would probably delete more than enough to have a sizeable amount of free space. Even looking at your examples from that other thread, you have saves for NBA 2K16 and NBA 2K18, are you honestly ever going to need that 2K16 save? (Unless that game has some sort of loyalty system for playing older games).

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Oh I don't doubt they exist, I just doubt it's significant number of users. I imagine if most people who were capped took the time and went through their saves, they would probably delete more than enough to have a sizeable amount of free space. Even looking at your examples from that other thread, you have saves for NBA 2K16 and NBA 2K18, are you honestly ever going to need that 2K16 save? (Unless that game has some sort of loyalty system for playing older games).
I play NBA 2K16 pretty regularly since it was free for PS+. NBA 2K18 was due to the free weekend trial awhile back. I'm not deleting local saves off of my hard drive and potentially removing my ability to continue where I left off.

People like us are some of Sony's biggest customers, so helping us out, as I assume cloud storage space gets cheaper, is good PR for Sony.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So in sum we need to rebuy GOTY edition to enjoy that extra episode regardless if we play it in Hitman 1 or 2 and there is no option to buy that expansion only for a lower price. That sucks so much. This reminds me of the Onrush we got and there is no way to get the Deluxe Edition content unless we buy it again. same for Horizon extra stuff: eitehr buy Deluxe Edition or get Complete Edition.
Umm the dlc I linked to goes on sale regularly, so if you buy that, you'd get all Hitman Season 1 content, which would then be playable on Hitman 2.

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Umm the dlc I linked to goes on sale regularly, so if you buy that, you'd get all Hitman Season 1 content, which would then be playable on Hitman 2.

I see thanks but it's still not the right way tbh and very pricy because it still offers all the extra episodes that this month will offer (eventhough some of them were offered for free before) so we will be again rebuying stuff we got for free twice before: from the free period and now through PS Plus. All this for an extra episode and few items. The extra stuff should have been offered separately or stuff alone like what Capcom and SE are doing. Luckily it got regular sales.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Thats hot

Also everyone please play for honor

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Pretty damn good month. I'm gonna be sad when they remove the PS3 games from ps plus. There's still A LOOOT of classic PS3 games that have yet to gone on the service.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
So wait.. If I "buy" Hitman 1 when it becomes free, but load up the Hitman 2 demo thingy it will recognize that I own Hitman 1 and just let me play the improved versions in that engine versus having to download Hitman 1?

ByWatterson

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
woah.gif

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, and to stop people screaming about most of For Honor's roster being locked behind in game currency that god forbid you can buy with real money: you can play all the base characters, you just unlock the ability to customise them, and that's only worthwhile once you hit prestige/rep 3 with a character, by which point you'll either have enough currency to buy everyone, or to buy an absolute load of custom parts for said hero, probably both.
There are actual DLC characters who are part of paid season passes who I think you need to buy or unlock to even use though.

Also, not sure if it's still the case, but if you have a friend with the game and the Marching Fire expansion, or you get it yourself, players in your party can play its exclusive game mode, even if they don't own the expansion.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Not sure if it's been mentioned or not, and to stop people screaming about most of For Honor's roster being locked behind in game currency that god forbid you can buy with real money: you can play all the base characters, you just unlock the ability to customise them, and that's only worthwhile once you hit prestige/rep 3 with a character, by which point you'll either have enough currency to buy everyone, or to buy an absolute load of custom parts for said hero, probably both.
There are actual DLC characters who are part of paid season passes who I think you need to buy or unlock to even use though.

Also, not sure if it's still the case, but if you have a friend with the game and the Marching Fire expansion, or you get it yourself, players in your party can play its exclusive game mode, even if they don't own the expansion.
Yep and also... the characters dont require a ton of grinding either. Anyone who's played R6 siege knows how long it takes to get an operator, for honor is much more lenient with its currency.

Also it's not most of either, there have been 10 DLC heroes (about to be 11) and 12 base heroes. All maps and modes have been free and you can also play all the dlc heroes in training and practice modes to see if you even like the way they play before pulling the trigger.

The Emperor

Oct 25, 2017
Aww an emotional send off the PS3

MGS4 was THE system seller and one of the only 3rd party games to not go multiplat back in that period.

The game was not only amazing (my favourite game of all time) but it really defined the PS3 especially in its early years.

An incredibly symbolic send off

ea3.jpg

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I see thanks but it's still not the right way tbh and very pricy because it still offers all the extra epiosdes that this month will offer

"The Complete First Season" includes only the base episodes + the free expansions, not the GOTY stuff. So no, you won't be buying stuff twice.

Edit: note there's two upgrade options... One for upgrading the free episode one demo to the Goty edition (€34,99) and one for upgrading just the Goty content (€19,99)

Edit 2: And even a third option if you just want the additional Goty stuff, but only in Hitman 2 (€9.99)

I agree it's not the most clear (or cheap) upgrade path, but miles better than those "exclusive DLC's" you mentioned.

Last edited:

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
So wait.. If I "buy" Hitman 1 when it becomes free, but load up the Hitman 2 demo thingy it will recognize that I own Hitman 1 and just let me play the improved versions in that engine versus having to download Hitman 1?

I think so, if you do what it says in the FAQ posted on previous page first before booting up H2.
From the IOI FAQ
On PS4 (Digital)

• Be sure you have the H1 'base game' installed and downloaded the latest game update for H1, released on November 8th.
  • Launch H1 and follow the prompts in the H1 in-game store to redeem and download your Legacy Pack.
  • Once the Legacy Pack has installed, it will be playable within HITMAN 2 only.
On PS4 Disc (both Complete First Season and Definitive Edition):

• Ensure you have all of the content from the disc installed onto your console and downloaded the latest game update for HITMAN, released on November 8th.
  • Launch HITMAN and follow the prompts in the HITMAN in-game store to redeem and download your Legacy Pack.
  • When the Legacy Pack has installed, it will be playable within HITMAN 2 only.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Hmm, I just started MGS1 on my ps3 and it's 50 hz :(
This is in the EU, is the version on the US store 60 hz?

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Aww an emotional send off the PS3

MGS4 was THE system seller and one of the only 3rd party games to not go multiplat back in that period.

The game was not only amazing (my favourite game of all time) but it really defined the PS3 especially in its early years.

An incredibly symbolic send off

ea3.jpg

I know that pic is from the start of the game but just looking at that pic makes the music start playing in my head from the graveyard scene at the end. Best game of all time imo, there's literally no game like it and likely there never will be.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I've been waiting for For Honor for quite a long time. Great month, Hitman S01 is amazing.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Great month! Too bad I bought hitman complete edition over a year ago and only played liked the first 2 destinations.

Excited for For honour

Loving the 100GB upgrade, and hope that we will get better ps4 games now as ps plus offering!!

Jul 20, 2018
When I played the For Honor test/beta (can't remember how it was promoted) I liked it but I knew it wasn't a game I was gonna put a lot of time into. From what I've heard it's improved sincce release so I'm gonna jump into it on Tuesday.

Oct 25, 2017
When I played the For Honor test/beta (can't remember how it was promoted) I liked it but I knew it wasn't a game I was gonna put a lot of time into. From what I've heard it's improved sincce release so I'm gonna jump into it on Tuesday.
There's an awful lot more there than at launch, dedicated servers being the backbone holding it all together.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hat damn! Great month. In for both For Honor and Hitman. I think Rogue Aces is supposed to be pretty decent too.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like I will finally play a MGS game :)
Can I start with 4 or do I have to play the others first?
MGS4 is a conclusion to, like, 3 games. Characters who only appeared in MGS1, characters who only appeared in MGS2, and characters who appeared only in MGS3 ALL appear in it and get their stories wrapped up. In addition to the series' main characters. I HIGHLY recommend not playing it first.

It is a finale in the truest sense of the word.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Wow, almost 8 years of PS+ games on PS3. Lots of gems I wouldn't have bought, played or missed without the subscription.
You did good PS3.

EDIT: and VITA can't forget you little buddy.
L6Gp.gif

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
MGS4 is a conclusion to, like, 3 games. Characters who only appeared in MGS1, characters who only appeared in MGS2, and characters who appeared only in MGS3 ALL appear in it and get their stories wrapped up. In addition to the series' main characters. I HIGHLY recommend not playing it first.

It is a finale in the truest sense of the word.

Yep I'm on MGS1 now, just trying to figure out what version to play.
The EU seems to have higher res but 50 hz, I'm contemplating getting the US version on the store instead.