signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
This is simply a goofy job gauge

RvhA3Ui.png

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
DRK's Delirium is no longer bloodspiller spam, gives a new combo that still raises blood gauge. Bloodspiller may have a follow-up GCD? They do Bloodspiller, Carve And Spit, and then a new attack. Or it could just be a new oGCD, but I hope it's tied to Bloodspiller, make that more interesting.

Also Delirium and Blood Weapon are rolled in together now, which is nice.

Last edited:

Plague-Doctor

Oct 23, 2023
Monk looks very different and I love it. Ninja without Huton?

I feel like at some point soon RDM is gonna need a rework. Doesn't seem like they know what to do with it other than more combo enders

Truno

Jan 16, 2020
Underwhelmed, ngl. This looks exactly the same as the video for Endwalker, but each job gets 1 new flashy attack

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna give reactions to each job just because I need something to wake me up this morning.

Dragoon: Doesn't seem as hugely reworked as I thought it would be. The new BIG DAMAGE attack looks kinda cool, as does the new finisher being an omega-jump, but it's still Dragoon.
Paladin: Did they give Paladin an entirely new combo string or are those light effects on the slashes just a result of the new graphical engine?
Warrior: I don't know enough about WAR to react to this but I liked the big fuckin' boulder slash at the end.
Astrologian: Some very cool effects, and I don't know what any of them do.
Dancer: DANCER LASER
Reaper: It kinda looks like they gave Reaper a repositioning attack, where you do a blade cyclone and then immediately warp-gate away.
Red Mage: Did they REDUCE the amount of mana it takes to get to a full Red charge? Jesus.
Machinist: Sad they didn't add the Automaton King as a level 100 pet upgrade, but the new moves look kinda cool. Seems to be benefitting from the improved graphical touches.
Ninja: I don't really have any notes. More Ninja, lots of stylish shit. The poison belch is kind of goofy but it's a thing ninja do in pop culture so I get it.
Sage: Yep, those are new Sage moves. Damned if I know what any of them do though.
Black Mage: Actually kind of disappointed that the new gauge just leads to another version of Flare. Would've been nice to see level 100 BLMs finally be able to cast a smaller version of Ultima.
Viper: Trance looks pretty ridiculous. Will need to try it for myself.
White Mage: Yep that's white mage.
Monk: That's so many gauges. I'm sure they make sense to long-time monk players but damn.
Dark Knight: The new slashes are kinda cool but I still miss Power Slash.
Bard: I missed this whole section because I was mesmerized by the presence of a GUITAR BOW.
Summoner: Did they add the ability to manually dismiss an Egi before using up all of its charges to skip ahead in the combo? Also what the fuck is with this Stranger of Paradise-ass Sword Bahamut?
Samurai: They really do not know what to do with this job. Adding little "here's some spirit swords! they're just here! they don't do anything!" effects to the same slashes we've been doing for four expansions is just boring.
Scholar: lol angel mode sure why not
Pictomancer: Genuinely looks very fun. I don't think this job is for me personally but I think they've got a clear idea of what they want to do with it and that's refreshing.
Gunbreaker: That's adorable. The new "aerial" combo chain is Squall's Lionheart combo string. I recognize those poses anywhere.

General thought: We're seeing a LOT of jobs that didn't have a "quick dodge" move using them in this video, including jobs that already have dedicated damaging gap closers. Is it possible they've turned some kind of short-step directional dodge into a general action all jobs can use, since we had that in the FFXVI crossover fight?

Kazhar

Feb 20, 2024
It seems we're still locked in the same trajectory, with even fewer meaningful changes than what EW offered.

I laughed when Yoshi-P said that they will work on furthering class differentiation in 8.0, we needed that yesterday.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
It seems we're still locked in the same trajectory, with even fewer meaningful changes than what EW offered.

I laughed when Yoshi-P said that they will work on furthering class differentiation in 8.0, we needed that yesterday.

I don't think it's possible at this point. There's too many jobs, too many levels, and too many actions. And REMOVING actions only makes the leveling experience for jobs worse, which makes the game less fun for players who join the game or decide to level a new job.

This just IS what FFXIV is and I don't really think there's a way to fix it.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
They're doing some type of pseudo-pvp style button amalgamation as well right? In that Action Change Settings slide? Guess a lot of people wanted that so that's good.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Really nice new additions and I'm loving the look of stuff with the graphics update on top.

Some changes seem pretty minor like DRK and RDM and others seem more drastic like MNK.

Pictomancer looks amazing and I'm excited to give it a whirl.

I'm also more interested in Dancer now.

Viper is for the Kirito SAO RP people

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I hope we can switch back to the old bahamut, not a fan of this redesign lol

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who only plays white mage and casually, very happy to see white mage has a gap closer. Wonder if its towards the enemy or towards the ally though. I wanna say theyre moving to their tank but not entirely sure.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't play anymore myself but still wanted to see the blm changes and wow they can teleport out of the leylines and move it to your new location.

Argentil

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it's possible at this point. There's too many jobs, too many levels, and too many actions. And REMOVING actions only makes the leveling experience for jobs worse, which makes the game less fun for players who join the game or decide to level a new job.

This just IS what FFXIV is and I don't really think there's a way to fix it.

It depends. They could have downgraded skills with less effects at lower levels that get upgraded as you level. I would hope they wouldn't feel limited by the leveling experience. As for ability bloat at high levels, trimming the fat is a necessity, and job reworks will usually fix this problem.

I haven't seen it mentioned in the thread, but I see AST got another card rework. Maybe someday they'll land on something that works for the job. I haven't enjoyed AST since pre-Shadowbringers. I really dislike gamba in my opener. Having something reliable would be a big improvement.

Tidalwaves

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Been on a long hiatus since maxing out every job and was waiting on this video to pull me back. It didn't :/ Reaper looks nearly identical, that's lame.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
OMG I LOVE the changes to the summons for Summoners ❤ I'm a fan of the changes they've made since Endwalker...I'm glad they stayed on the same path

Techno