• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
Those first few laps were fun but clearly Max was down a gear the whole time. What is this.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
yeah that last move by Alonso on Sainz was one too much. Basically destroyed his and Sainz's race

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
while Alonso was fighting to keep a Red Bull and Ferrari at bay, Stroll is working hard on keeping the Alpines behind him (and failing)

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Finishing 12+ seconds ahead and didn't even start on pole, Verstappen/Red Bull going to cruise the race tomorrow if they get pole later.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Winning by 13 seconds in a 19-lap race you started in 4th.... Apparently Verstappen was also on used tires while Hamilton was on a new set. Glad we got that fight between Alonso, Sainz and Leclerc, shame it gave Alonso a puncture tho.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
hopefully the Ferrari don't bottle the quali later because they are clearly faster than Lewis and Alonso.
That gap between Max and Lewis is basically what the gap between 1st and 6th would be if the Ferrari's, Perez and Norris had not been stuck behind Alonso

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Winning by 13 seconds in a 19-lap race you started in 4th.... Apparently Verstappen was also on used tires while Hamilton was on a new set. Glad we got that fight between Alonso, Sainz and Leclerc, shame it gave Alonso a puncture tho.
Kind of sums it all up with that Verstappen gap. The state of racing at the front is pretty shocking.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Typical Lando choke on the opening there - that was a decent sprint but if Max can pull that much of a lead in roughly 10 laps what will it look like if he gets pole and starts in clean air

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
The amount of unhinged whining on social media about Sainz actually racing against Leclerc is insane.

I wonder if those same people cared last season when Leclerc disregarded team order in that one race and nearly took them both out.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
That gap Max pulled in 10 laps lol ....in the actual race he'll be comfortably ahead even more so.

RB is so far ahead it's not even funny.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
13 sec is a lot but Lewis would've been like p5-p6 at best without Alonso leading a DRS train for over half distance. Everyone kinda got normalized to the aston's speed. The ferraris for sure had more pace than merc/aston. Mclaren too, but Norris fucked it up hard.

RaySpencer

Oct 27, 2017
Ah the classic Lewis just run them wide move. Of course within the rules but pure shithousery.

Literally every driver has done this, and will continue to do this. Haha.

I'm thinking about watching the F1TV feed tomorrow....I'm used to Crofty, so I like him, but Rosberg is insufferable 😩. But then F1TV main dude is meh, but I like Palmer. Haha. They should run DC and Palmer, that would be a great combo. I miss DC and Brundle, that shit was perfect.

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
The amount of unhinged whining on social media about Sainz actually racing against Leclerc is insane.

I wonder if those same people cared last season when Leclerc disregarded team order in that one race and nearly took them both out.
to be fair Leclerc's comments didn't help when it comes to social media reactions. It's bad enough as it is on the internet without one of the two drivers adding fuel to the fire.

Sainz leaving Ferrari has created even more toxic reactions to anything that happens between Sainz and Leclerc.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge

to be fair Leclerc's comments didn't help when it comes to social media reactions. It's bad enough as it is on the internet without one of the two drivers adding fuel to the fire.

Sainz leaving Ferrari has created even more toxic reactions to anything that happens between Sainz and Leclerc.
What's the drama about?

Leclerc said they've battled each other in the past, and sometimes he went over the limit and other times Sainz went over the limit. This time it was Sainz. There are no hard feelings and the air will be cleared quickly.

Was it because Leclerc started with "it was aggressive, maybe a bit too aggressive"?

dakun

Oct 28, 2017
What's the drama about?

Leclerc said they've battled each other in the past, and sometimes he went over the limit and other times Sainz went over the limit. This time it was Sainz. There are no hard feelings and the air will be cleared quickly.

Was it because Leclerc started with "it was aggressive, maybe a bit too aggressive"?
Leclerc said that Carlos was over the limit today. Which is a harmless comment really but like i said this whole situation with the driver change at Ferrari has kinda pit the two fanbases against each other arguing about who "deserved" to stay, who's doing a better job at the moment etc. leading to alot of toxic comments about each driver. They cling to every word of these two drivers to create drama

Oct 28, 2017
That was a nice little sprint, good battles. Kinda annoyed about the direction, so much happened at the back that we just never saw because there was cars semi close to either other at the front. Bottas and Russell battle for half a lap and got in front of each other like 5 times and none of it was shown.

It was good seeing Lewis on the "podium" (or whatever we call this thing where you stand a take a picture with a Chinese dude I have no idea who is) and it is nice to see just how close the top actually is. Verstappen is just on another level.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
What's the drama about?

It's because people fawn over Leclerc and with Sainz on the way out they think he should be the clear #2 and play Bottas to Leclerc's Hamilton. That he should just roll over and take what Ferrari gives him.

It's ridiculous. Sainz is fighting for his life thanks to what Ferrari did to him. He is under no obligation to bend over backwards for Charles.

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
Leclerc said that Carlos was over the limit today. Which is a harmless comment really but like i said this whole situation with the driver change at Ferrari has kinda pit the two fanbases against each other arguing about who "deserved" to stay, who's doing a better job at the moment etc. leading to alot of toxic comments about each driver. They cling to every word of these two drivers to create drama

It's because people fawn over Leclerc and with Sainz on the way out they think he should be the clear #2 and play Bottas to Leclerc's Hamilton. That he should just roll over and take what Ferrari gives him.

It's ridiculous. Sainz is fighting for his life thanks to what Ferrari did to him. He is under no obligation to bend over backwards for Charles.
Thanks to both of you.

It all sounds very stupid.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Some fun battles, but predictable result.

It's tough being a Lando fan. He's good and quick, but these little mistakes constantly sneak in and undo his good work. Then he's super hard on himself, which causes more mistakes. He had no chance of winning the sprint but that start sucked and he fell back a few extra places than he would have.

Also, we have Nico commentating all weekend? 😪

AnilP228

Mar 14, 2018
The undercut will be huge this weekend. Even in the Sprint the M was degrading massively.

I've missed this track.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Max will not lose a single race this season unless his mechanics fuck up, the engine explodes, the tires are defective, or if inclement weather fucks his race. If everything is functional then Max wins. That is just how it goes.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you can pretend that Max doesn't exist and truly enjoy the fight for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.