• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ed3a53ff71d9d0e0c89d8aaedcbf9562.jpg--arrivabene_e_la_nuova_ferrari___siamo_orgogliosi_.jpg

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
Masterclass display from Mercedes today...

Wonder if the Mercedes DNF are at all related to the upgraded Power Unit, Mercedes were concerned about bringing the upgrade too early.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Only was able to catch the last half.
Damn what a race.

and What. The. Fuck is the god of lucks problem with Bottas. I mean seriously this is insane.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Good comeback from Grosjean he needed that. I am a Ricciardo fan but well done to Max, good win today continuing the good form. Dan needs to step it up before the break.

softtack

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
30 degree heat is definitely the new rain.

Heatwave or thunderstorms for every race from now on please.

Dutch

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Kimi in third place in the standings is sneaky.

Also, when was the last time Ferrari lead the constructor's championship halfway through the season.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean Ferrari's pace was not great so I don't see how he wrong.
It wasn't great but they had comparative pace until the latter stages where it was obvious the Ferraris were quicker and if the race had been a few laps longer they'd of passed max. Far too arrogant considering the fortunate position they found themselves in.

Moss

Oct 27, 2017
On a serious note, I would like it if these tyres were a bit softer.

Absolutely. Can only hope they drop some of those harder compounds for next season. Believe Carey/Liberty are wanting Pirelli to "simplify" the compounds and the names for the different compounds. We don't need all these silly tyres that no team wants to run.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Absolutely. Can only hope they drop some of those harder compounds for next season. Believe Carey/Liberty are wanting Pirelli to "simplify" the compounds and the names for the different compounds. We don't need all these silly tyres that no team wants to run.

Yeah, why do we need 9 different tyres. Soft, Hard, Intermediate and Wet would be enough.

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
Strong result for Haas. Magnussen did not pit during the VSC period and still he finished 5th right behind Grosjean. This result also puts Magnussen 7th in the WDC. So far an impressive season for him.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Toto is going to show up with a broken hand next week, isn't he? ;) Very nice to see RBR winning at their home circuit, it's a shame Daniel had to retire.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
It wasn't great but they had comparative pace until the latter stages where it was obvious the Ferraris were quicker and if the race had been a few laps longer they'd of passed max. Far too arrogant considering the fortunate position they found themselves in.
Ferrari was quicker because they had to be quicker. Max didn't have to push and was just preserving his tyres. If Ferrari had any proper pace they would've stayed with and caught Max. Arguing that a few more laps would've done it doesn't mean much when drivers and teams adjust their driving style and strategy with the amount of laps remaining in mind. Ferrari was essentially no threat at the end no matter how much Sky wanted to hype it up. If I were RBR I'd be pretty satisfied with the race pace of their cars compared to the Ferraris.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Yeah Max was controlling it, few laps more wouldn't have changed anything. RBR haven't been that competitive since their championship winning years. Hope they can keep it up. They are still clearly third but they are also pretty close.

Edit: Magnussen having a silently great year. And lol at Grosjean short-cutting his way in driver standings, 4th place after no points in 8 races.

SweetVermouth

Banned
Mar 5, 2018
Why is Mercedes even using the soft tyres? It should be clear by now, that their car is working way better on the super- and ultrasoft. Hamilton did 25 laps and his supersofts were still fine then, but he came in got softs which had blistering after like 18 laps already.

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Why is Mercedes even using the soft tyres? It should be clear by now, that their car is working way better on the super- and ultrasoft. Hamilton did 25 laps and his supersofts were still fine then, but he came in got softs which had blistering after like 18 laps already.
They will have to rethink about their strategy calls and looks like there are deeper issues within team.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017

Mercedes can have a great fast car, but you still have to enter pits, go at the limiter, pit, change tyres, go back out on the limiter and rejoin.

Tyre strategy weighs up the cost of pitting in the total race time, and if you stop more, then you add that penalty. The most effective strategy on paper was the one stop, that Verstappen managed to do and the rest didnt for various reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
That scrub Vandoorne broke Gasly's floor when he rammed him on the first lap.

How much longer will McLaren stick with this joke? Dead slow, smashes four wings and rams another car. Awful driver.

It's Lando time.

Hartley's retirement was not engine related.

LordAmused

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
Now that Grosjean has finished 4th, he will be wild in Silverstone and might end up in a wall or perhaps, in a Mercedes back. I can see it happening for miles. Brakes issues maybe?
Sad for Gasly's floor issue. Vandoorne is indeed very slow. I don't know, he seems tasteless, gives me a lukewarm feeling.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vandoorne is not slow; it's Alonso that is a beast.

This. Vandoorne was insane in Formula 2, it's just that Alonso is the best driver of the decade after Schumacher, that's all. Constantly driving his car beyond what other drivers would be capable of, nearly winning titles with largely inferior cars (2010 and 2012), winning races in seasons where the car was horrible, and dominating anywhere he goes: on his first evel oval and Indy race fastest lap average, wins Le Mans on first try with a blistering night pace, and so on. It's impossible to judge Vandoorne, because Alonso is insanely fast and consistent. It's no shame being beaten by him imho.

Oct 30, 2017
Kimi is 3rd in the championship

I'm happy

I wonder if he refused to obey team orders or there wasn't any.. Which will be surprising