Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Saw this on twitter and damn, users are not happy with this release:

2wETdYK.jpg

Other platforms are fluctuating around 1.5 as well. Seems like EA really fucked up this one.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Out of all the EA titles that would be a disappointment this is the last one I expected. I would have thought if they were going to go ham on any title that they would save it for the big ones. If they are half assing their biggest titles there is no hope for anything else they make. The Switch is a large market you would think the Fifa would have had a good effort.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Switch users shooting themselves in the foot. No more EA games for users that don't like EA games.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing these probably sell well enough to be worth the minimal investment that EA is putting into these games, but at this point, I sort of wish EA just wouldn't bother releasing the game on Switch if they're not going to keep up with the other versions. I can't help but feel it poisons the well at least a tiny bit for other developers who are releasing multi-platform titles. At least it has a distinct subtitle.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
EA pull so much crap with their annual FIFA fuckery, every year I hope it'll bite them in the ass. I fear it'll still sell millions and we will be here next year with more bullshit

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
basically EA decided that from now on, the switch fifa releases wont be actively developed, and instead get a yearly roster update and call it a day.

sooo basically that metascore is just as useless as the userscore because it's literally the same game as last year, only that reviewers review-bombed it from 71 to 44 aggregate, lol

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
EA pull so much crap with their annual FIFA fuckery, every year I hope it'll bite them in the ass. I fear it'll still sell millions and we will be here next year with more bullshit
On PS4 and Xbox it'll undoubtedly sell millions, it's FIFA. It has a chance to bomb on Switch tho, and I really hope it does.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Switch users shooting themselves in the foot. No more EA games for users that don't like EA games.
EA isn't doing themselves any favors by just releasing FIFA 19 as FIFA 20 with a roster update.

Anyone that bought FIFA 19 last year has a right to be pissed at being sold the exact same game again.

Oct 26, 2017
EA does not care about NSW version and the users dont care as well.

Not a big issue, FIFA will sell the usual 15-20 million copies every year.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
If EA actually started to muck up the general quality of their FIFA games (seems apparently people aren't too happy with the other versions either) that's actually pretty serious for them.

TurdFerguson

Oct 28, 2017
Norway
It's just baffling how EA can't see the business opertunities they have on the Switch. It's like someone high uptop in EA got personally butthurt by the poor performance of Wii U, and basically decided "fuck Switch" before it was even released. And now theyre to "proud" and stubborn to correct course.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
excellent, fuck EA.
good to see the metascore is very low too. it's embarrassing that they're putting out a "legacy version" for a successful console in its 3rd year in the market.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Lol With links awakening, ori, gunvolt and dqxis coming out this past 2 weeks, I totally forgot about Fifa 20.

squidyj

Oct 25, 2017
It's just baffling how EA can't see the business opertunities they have on the Switch. It's like someone high uptop in EA got personally buthurt by the poor performance of Wii U, and basically decided "fuck Switch" before it was even released. And now theyre to "proud" and stubborn to correct course.
Yes. <Insert Company> Is out to get glorious Nintendo-sama.

JayCeeJim

Jan 3, 2019
This is one of the instances where being a closed platform should matter. I mean, Nintendo shouldn't allow for a game like this to be published as a $50 standalone release.

Make it a paid DLC update at most.

adz2ka

Nov 1, 2017
It's probably deserved.
These underscores are probably people who have invested a lot of money over multiple entries over the years and are disgusted at the lack of progress.
Critics are probably just reviewing it as a standalone sports game (although 40odd critic score is just as bad).

FWIW, FIFA 20 is terrible.

Jump_Button

Oct 27, 2017
Its 2019 why is Fifa not just updated every year mind you saying that never work out who they buy it every year