• No

Votes: 194 50.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Feeling so damn bad for Russia's heavy loss (my partner is Russian and my closest friends are Croatian, so it was a heavy match for me). Still, someone has to win/lose, and I'm just happy the second game was so much more fun to watch than the fucking-piece-of-shit-fuuuuck game Sweden delivered.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
The ENG-SWE replay is on right now and just watching the camera pan along the team and it really is amazing how much more likable they are compared to the past squads.
Amazing how it's easier to root for a good ,humble together squad vs. a team full of cliquey, entitled, egotistical, wife shaggers and serial cheaters

Deleted member 300

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly don't think so. Tite did what he could with the cards he had. If anything, maybe going for Gremio's Luan instead of Jesus could have been a good move, but I'm not sure how well Luan has been with Brazil's team. Brazil started losing when Casemiro was out with the second yellow card against Mexico. The first goal was still manageable and I feel like if de Bruyne didn't score, we'd have win. Brazil didn't lose just to itself, it'd be pretentious and most of all naive to think that. Belgium won because they managed to score and then close itself not giving enough room to Brazil revert the score. Bad luck it's part of the game, but we lost because Belgium deserved to win.

Should have played firmino not saying he woulda scored but he was clearly in form more than jesus

I honestly think tite was like England's roy in some places relied on certain names n they were bigger than team so to speak

Cappa

Oct 25, 2017
OT6 Premier League Semis

OT6 Why is Cow still here?

The ENG-SWE replay is on right now and just watching the camera pan along the team and it really is amazing how much more likable they are compared to the past squads.
Amazing how it's easier to root for a good ,humble together squad vs. a team full of cliquey, entitled, egotistical, wife shaggers and serial cheaters

i.e. we are actually winning now so they are all likeable

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Should have played firmino not saying he woulda scored but he was clearly in form more than jesus

I honestly think tite was like England's roy in some places relied on certain names n they were bigger than team so to speak

Firmino can score the odd goal. But he works so hard and makes the players around him so much better. You could see that just after they sent him on last night.

+ He got a good understanding with Coutinho for obvious reasons.

Ravensmash

Oct 25, 2017
well 23 of the 40 players in Premier are England national squad.. so that chart is meaningless lol

Just had this discussion in the pub.

Leaves me conflicted.

I always used to say that the reason we lost was because our players didn't branch out to other leagues, but now it's almost playing to our advantage.

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
well 23 of the 40 players in Premier are England national squad.. so that chart is meaningless lol

Hey you got the joke! If Russia had gone through Russia would have the 2nd highest league representation.

Just had this discussion in the pub.

Leaves me conflicted.

I always used to say that the reason we lost was because our players didn't branch out to other leagues, but now it's almost playing to our advantage.

It means nothing. The only thing the chart is useful for is seeing where the remaining teams players play their domestic football. It has no statistically significant link to performance.

Sgtpepper89

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden

The hero Sterling keeps having all hate targeted to himself and taking it like a man season after season while the others work in the shadow. Also no goalkeeper fuckups yet

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
What a first full season for Trent Alexander-Arnold though.

Champions League finalist and maybe a World Cup final too? Go on Trent!

Deleted member 8408

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've just got in from the most ridiculous day & night of drinking and partying I've had in a while.

Even if it doesn't come home the hope of it coming home has made this World Cup fun.

What a first full season for Trent Alexander-Arnold though.

Champions League finalist and maybe a World Cup final too? Go on Trent!

Hopefully he wins the one that matters most :)

Sammex

Oct 25, 2017
Spurs players are going to be knackered come February and Spurs will start the season poorly.

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
England to win the WC and Spurs to win the league.

Been 30 years of hurt for me. Let's hope it's a London bus situation.
I'm from Wolverhampton. The idea of Wolves having such an amazing season and England winning the world cup in the same year is ridiculous.

Fortunately for us it's coming home

E.T.

Oct 25, 2017
Modric had a part in that too, so there's still an option open.
Messi had a better season anyway. Ronaldo was invisible after his goal in turin, Real Madrid were not that good anyway collectively and had a horrible start to the season mostly due to Ronaldo misfiring.
But in this age of recency bias and hottakes, Messi has no hope of retaining the balon d'or even though he was far and away the best player overall even in a team that was bereft of ideas or creativity.

OP
OP
Syder

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Must've sung Coming Home, Vindaloo, GSTQ, Jerusalem, World in Motion about a dozen times today...

Mouth is drier than a desert but Syder is in his Heaven, all is right with the world...

And did those feet in ancient times
Walk upon England's mountain green?

Heal the World, make it a better place, lads... it's coming home

*DABS*

e38242ddd744f31df12309a106f4d912040e367f_hq.gif

KingSnake

Oct 25, 2017
Messi had a better season anyway. Ronaldo was invisible after his goal in turin, Real Madrid were not that good anyway collectively and had a horrible start to the season mostly due to Ronaldo misfiring.
But in this age of recency bias and hottakes, Messi has no hope of retaining the balon d'or even though he was far and away the best player overall even in a team that was bereft of ideas or creativity.

You don't win anything as a player by winning just the local league while missing on all the international trophies.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The games today were pretty bad, imo. I guess that's what happens when most of the big teams go home early.

Status
Not open for further replies.