samcastor

Apr 21, 2021
Very nice to see El Colt on the commentary list but not that surprising as he was very popular in the combo breaker look alive streams.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Man I hate that I had to cancel my days off from work because we're undergoing through some changes in my department... would've loved to catch all of EVO this weekend uninterrupted with some beers and snacks. Gonna try and catch some of the action, but knowing I have to work on Monday will make me not want to spend all Saturday and Sunday watching.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
I can't wait to actually be at EVO for the first time. This is gonna be amazing. Looking forward to actually playing some casual matches as well~

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does go1 no longer compete in dbz?
Go1 is out? No Go1 vs SonicFox Grand Finals?
tempsnip2.jpg

naib

Oct 25, 2017
ATX
Pumped for this weekend. Feels like it's been forever
Really looking forward to KOF, SG and SFV but I'll be watching all kinds of shit

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the oldest or even the second oldest game on the Evo main stage this year. To single it out as too old is really weird, especially when it has the second most entrants.
Yeah but SFV will go to the garbage bin the second SFVI will be released. Just like SFIV when SFV was released. But i don't get the random hate on SFV. The game used to be garbage, but it's pretty good nowadays.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Whenever I listen to Idom talk, whenever I watch him stream, I'm like...damn this is a real cool dude.

Then he gets to the character select screen and picks Laura, and I throw up.
I root for Idom Poison, not Idom Laura. But I have to accept the Laura matches to get further to some Poison matches.

Laura is wholesome and honest. Poison is top tier. Laura is mid tier. Idom's Laura is magical. He should not be as consistent at the high level as he is with her. Y'all don't appreciate greatness.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
My only hope is that this is the year they put a mic on crowd audio for at least finals day.

Losing the crowd hype the last few years has always been a bummer.

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Laura is wholesome and honest. Poison is top tier. Laura is mid tier. Idom's Laura is magical. He should not be as consistent at the high level as he is with her. Y'all don't appreciate greatness.

There's no universe where Laura is more honest than Poison. Furthermore, Poison is at the heart of Idom's coming up. MFers thought Idom was colluding with Punk at CapCup when he picked Poison because everyone thought she was trash and on that Lucia (Remember that character?) hype. I knew from the beginning so I'm always holding it down for Poison play. Everyone knew Laura was cheap from launch.

VidgameJunkie

Jun 4, 2022
You could at least hear the crowd at ComboBreaker. The last 6-7 EVOs have cut out all arena noises that aren't commentator audio and the game.

Do they have a new audio team this year?
Crowd audio is a double edge sword, haha. It makes things way more hype, but also you may get things slipping through that may not sit well with Sony corporate brand.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That RIP photo is hilarious lmao. Just reminds me of a bad high school senior year photo.

He looks so much different these days too haha.

I didn't realize the skull girls devs had some secret something this year so I think it's safe to say they have a new game or sequel to show off. Excited to see what it is.

Gonna be the first year in a LONG time I'm watching Evo. Most pumped for SF5 and Tekken tournaments. Wish DNF duel had made the cut over Granblue .

OP
OP
ThatMeanScene

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ilan on the Best of V Show is predicting a new Persona game announcement. P4U characters are on the lanyard and he's seen lots of folks in Atlus/Sega anniversary hats.

Oct 25, 2017
I root for Idom Poison, not Idom Laura. But I have to accept the Laura matches to get further to some Poison matches.
I do appreciate some good Poison play.
The one thing I do like....and kinda hate about watching his Laura is when he just robs people. It always reminds me that it's not just me. That finals(?) a couple months ago with him and Mena....just goddamn. Watching Mena with damn near his entire health bar and Idom with almost nothing.....it was just sad and hilarious at the same time.

I understand it's just the nature of the game and Laura in general.

Don't misunderstand me though, the dude is fucking GOOD, and I respect that.