• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Same here. Played it for a bit over a hour and didn't notice anything amiss, other than the screen going black when I switched to fullscreen but it was fixed after restarting the game.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
So in Brawlhalla we can in fact play all unlocked characters in training mode huh ? Sounds like a good idea, who would have guessed...

Anyone playing that game here ?

EDIT after a few games :

- I see that ragequitters are replaced by a bot in match, interesting. They have a window to come back if it's an accidental disconnect.

- The casual free for all mode is also very cool for blowing up steam in, especially when you still earn currency in it. Custom lobbies also available, daily and weekly missions / rewards.

Perhaps I'll have some bad surprises, but currently, I dig it, and for once I find matches very quickly, that's a first for me the last few years. The guys in charge of the online system seem to know what they're doing.

Last edited:

ColonialHawk

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
Hows the PC population for Guilty Gear Xrd Rev2? Thinking about dipping into it.
Depending on your location, it varies. I don't normally play in casual or ranked match so I can't speak for how good the matchmaking is, but lobbies are usually pretty active.
Usually at least 1-2 rooms for my location (east coast) but I see a good mix of West and Mid. Usually I see a few lobbies other countries, but if you make the room they will come.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Just noticed that UMvC3 PS4 discs are going for $55+ used and $150+ new on Amazon.

That's gonna be real fun when the license expires again and the game vanishes from the online store.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Neogeo World Tour finals this weekend:

And interestingly SNK have already started qualifiers for Season 2 of the tour:

Nov 2, 2017
I'm still thinking about this. This is the idea that's stuck with me all week. Like this is something more people could stand to think about.
Yeah, generally people are just risk-adverse when it comes to getting out of their comfort zones. They fail to participate in things because they fear ridicule or embarrassment during the learning process, all the while ignoring the fact that that kind of response to people trying is reserved squarely for the bathroom stall at Patty's Pub. People that aren't sociopaths don't judge people for trying and failing at things and they don't expect you to excel or be the best - unless you claim to own that goal. Then the expectations are set and you open yourself up to be criticized. People don't treat you like a competitive player unless you project that type of status.

I've been currently trying to put some time in to learning Tekken 7/SFV. I want to support as many fighting games as I can with the limited time I have. I know that means that I'll be potentially spread thin - I get to play maybe 2 hours of each of those games a week - but my expectations for SFV/T7 are currently low enough to not exist. I don't expect to win games on or offline, and I don't expect to become some major figure. I just want to be able to be competent enough in the games to be able to share dialogues with those communities and support them. Enter tournaments at a local and give them an extra body for the bracket and prize pool. Try to be a real FGC member and not just a "Guilty Gear player" kinda like I was 15 years ago, and a lot of others were, before all this shit started becoming Hollywood.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to be able to be competent enough in the games to be able to share dialogues with those communities and support them.
Speaking of "out of the water", learning a platform fighter like Brawlhalla is something else... But at least now I'm finally able to understand what the fuck I was seing in the smash bros tournament streamings, and it makes it way more entertaining. Playing "For Honor" last year was also a great experience. To bad those type of FGs are frowned upon in certain circles.

Bonus, it's the first time in a long time I don't have to wait 15 mn on average to find a match in my region, so at least I can have my fix now and be motivated to progress ^^

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
playing smash casually with fam helped me understand what's up in tournys from zero knowledge
Don't need to be proficient

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a fun question for you guys.
Out of the fighting games you enjoy playing, popular or not, old or new, which three do you wish you had a local scene that doesn't have one?

For me
  • Arcana Heart 3 Love Max Six Stars
  • Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars
  • King of Fighters 14

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Anything. My "nearest scene" is a 2 hour drive away
All I have nearby are Smash and SFV. If I want an MKX/Injustice crowd I got a 3.5 hour drive. No Marvel, GG, DBFZ, KI, BBCF,BBxTag, or misc poverty crowds at all either. Very rural and spread out in WV. Upon map study apparently my best states for my game interests would either be Florida or Illinois. Not gonna lie...if I could afford to move out of my current place Illinois has some pretty decent spots in my field with a lot of gaming goin for em. Be cool to hang at the weekly Galloping Ghost stuff.

Would really love that KOF, TVC or AH scene though. Anytime I turn one on I'm sucked into it again for weeks just exploring and having fun full roster.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Out of the fighting games you enjoy playing, popular or not, old or new, which three do you wish you had a local scene that doesn't have one?

For me
  • King of Fighters 14

King of Fighters XIV
Tekken 7
DBFZ

Yeah, no local scene whatsoever. There used to me some small Street scene, I don't know if it's still active. Wouldn't do much of difference anyway as I prefer watching than play those.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017

For me
  • King of Fighters 14
Can i remove smash from my scene

2 remaining can be Yatagarasu and ....Rising thunder

Is it me or there are no comeback mechanics whatsoever in those games lol ?
git gud
also pick a top tier

Nov 2, 2017
I'm actually in a really lucky position these days. We literally play everything in my area of FL. You can find a scene for just about any relevant game.

Speaking of "out of the water", learning a platform fighter like Brawlhalla is something else... But at least now I'm finally able to understand what the fuck I was seing in the smash bros tournament streamings, and it makes it way more entertaining. Playing "For Honor" last year was also a great experience. To bad those type of FGs are frowned upon in certain circles.

Bonus, it's the first time in a long time I don't have to wait 15 mn on average to find a match in my region, so at least I can have my fix now and be motivated to progress ^^

Yeah, exactly. Tekken has always been a series I've enjoyed playing more than watching, but I've never been much of a consistent player outside a very short stint with Tekken 5 while waiting for Soulcalibur 3 to release (definitely should have stayed with Tekken 5 lol). Seeing everyone get so enamored with a lot of Tekken majors recently has been making me feel really left out, because I know hype moments are happening, but I'm not relating to them proper because I don't understand the game enough. I really want to rectify that with as many games as possible. Again, the goal isn't to be competitive necessarily, just competent and sympathetic to other scenes.

Speaking of Smash, I'm probably gonna start hitting up the Sunday Melee tournaments in my area too. Just probably won't have time to really practice lol.

I saw someone talk about UNIST. Probably gonna start playing that a little, too, since CEOTaku is coming up. Don't want to have to just play Guilty Gear the whole weekend. I was hoping the game would be cheaper by now, though.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually in a really lucky position these days. We literally play everything in my area of FL. You can find a scene for just about any relevant game.

Yeah, exactly. Tekken has always been a series I've enjoyed playing more than watching, but I've never been much of a consistent player outside a very short stint with Tekken 5 while waiting for Soulcalibur 3 to release (definitely should have stayed with Tekken 5 lol). Seeing everyone get so enamored with a lot of Tekken majors recently has been making me feel really left out, because I know hype moments are happening, but I'm not relating to them proper because I don't understand the game enough. I really want to rectify that with as many games as possible. Again, the goal isn't to be competitive necessarily, just competent and sympathetic to other scenes.

Speaking of Smash, I'm probably gonna start hitting up the Sunday Melee tournaments in my area too. Just probably won't have time to really practice lol.

I saw someone talk about UNIST. Probably gonna start playing that a little, too, since CEOTaku is coming up. Don't want to have to just play Guilty Gear the whole weekend. I was hoping the game would be cheaper by now, though.
Having played some tekken in the past already gives you a strong start
And 7 is by far the mpst entertaining to watch

Aug 24, 2018
Don't know if this has been posted already, but here's some AMAZING high level play from Japan's best VF players:

Makes me really sad there hasn't been any news from SEGA regarding the sixth installment..

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SQEX and SNK finally made peace over the whole High Score Girl debacle: she joins Million Arthur as a striker, Iori joins as a fighter, and one Arthur joins SNK Heroin Tag Team.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/9177977.html

Quite happy to see Examu still getting good work. One way it would have been even better would have been a character from SS0 instead of Iori.