Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if fighting games will ever get a mainstream success again though- just too many easier ways to get your competitive fix in these days, and team games which allow for teammates to handhold bad players.

With MOBAs continuing to dominate the competitive market, and PUBG taking the gaming world by storm, I'd say it's extremely unlikely that fighting games in general will get mainstream success. Maybe NRS' fighting games will, but that's because they know how to market their games to the casual market. Heck, maybe DBZF will be a significant release for fighters in more ways than just being a fun game.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
giphy.gif
SF tried and failed miserably
ASW is lol
Injustice went kinda too bonkers for me in #2
Smash gave up because of Youtube (not joking)

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
People who call the early 2000s the dark ages don't care about 3D fighters
It's like calling 2013-2017 the dark ages because the were no 3D fighters

Oct 26, 2017
People who call the early 2000s the dark ages don't care about 3D fighters
It's like calling 2013-2017 the dark ages because the were no 3D fighters

I mean, to be fair, imagine if you didn't have Tekken right now. It's okay to have preferences.

And the early 2000's had CVS2 and MVC2 and GGXX. So we ate well. But 2005-2007...those were some bad years.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, to be fair, imagine if you didn't have Tekken right now. It's okay to have preferences.
Yup but Tekken has been the only thing holding it down since forever for 3D
I'm glad i try almost every fighter otherwise i'd have nothing to play as a 3D main. No SC,no VF, DOA been doing nothing but costumes

We've had more arena fighter/brawlers in the last 5 yrs than 3D traditional fighters even

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Every DoA fighter has had every previous DoA character. I'm never worried about a character not making the cut in DoA.

Will miss Mai, tho. They did a great job with her.

Lisa will come back as the opposite gender. Just like the only 2 black characters in Tag 2 have lol
Master Raven is the best change Raven ever got tho

Mai works well with DOA face syndrome quite well tbh

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The ASW copyright HELLLLLA mixed me up.

When did they get GG outfits in DoA? lol.

Rhetorical question. I don't need an answer. There are a billion outfits I haven't seen in this game.
I'll answer anyway. They did an Arc System Works collaboration and it wasn't just Guilty Gear. http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/all-dead-alive-arc-system-works-collaboration-costumes/

Leifang as Jam is actually so fucking perfect lol.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't even have Falcom outfits
DOA had everything with outfits licenses

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I mean if the money for DoA6 is gonna come mostly from costumes just like DoA5:LR, then fucking shower me with them. Collaborate with every company in existence.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the game got downloaded over 10mil?
That's alot of potential costume customers

Even i bought 1

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Didn't the game got downloaded over 10mil?
That's alot of potential costume customers
Yeah, the F2P version got over 10 million downloads. They announced that figure at TGS this year.

And I got the game and bought 4 costumes within like three hours of choosing to play Rachel and Christie.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the F2P version got over 10 million downloads. They announced that figure at TGS this year.

And I got the game and bought 4 costumes within like three hours of choosing to play Rachel and Christie.
Damn that's pretty dope. FIghters going F2P is an amazing idea to me. Outside of the characters i am cool with youu selling me the rest if i choose to be it stages,outfits,colors, even win quotes. I'm not including modes in this. Even with the characters you could do like DOA does

I liked my default outfits way too much to spend money on Lisa until that one purchase way later down the line

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
BACK TO THE PITS WITH YOU ALL!
Damn that's pretty dope. FIghters going F2P is an amazing idea to me. Outside of the characters i am cool with youu selling me the rest if i choose to be it stages,outfits,colors, even win quotes. I'm not including modes in this. Even with the characters you could do like DOA does

I liked my default outfits way too much to spend money on Lisa until that one purchase way later down the line
The only thing DoA5 charged for if you bought the F2P version were like one or two collaboration stages (some Attack on Titan themed shit), the story mode and the characters. Which you could just buy the "full game" for and get everything.

The only thing left was additional costumes for everybody. I honestly liked that system, the stages and modes being fully available to all was a really good idea IMO.

And Lisa got some AMAZING costumes btw.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
BACK TO THE PITS WITH YOU ALL!The only thing DoA5 charged for if you bought the F2P version were like one or two collaboration stages (some Attack on Titan themed shit), the story mode and the characters. Which you could just buy the "full game" for and get everything.

The only thing left was additional costumes for everybody. I honestly liked that system, the stages and modes being fully available to all was a really good idea IMO.
I play in training stage so ignore my stage comment. I'm one of those lol
I doubt most fighters will ever do these things

We lost our community spotlight buff
Time for the FGC to sink in it's natural obscurity status

Zissou

Oct 26, 2017
Every genre has people who skim it, and I think that counts most people. RPGs are dying because Final Fantasy sucks. Fighting games are dead because Capcom is struggling. There are no more good Metroidvania games because what's an Indie game?

When people say fighting games have bad something, it is just an admission that they only play Capcom games.

Himuro Axl is a really weak match-up for my Zato. So we might be closer to being even already.

This is true with the exception of tutorials, which are universally decent at best (and more often than not, terrible)

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
It's as godlike as the B-boy Ryu outfit

spoiler alert: i own the ryu outfit

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Ky's just the best. Where else can I get those insane mixups where the character just has to sit there and block my projectiles and try to guess whether I'm gonna go low or high or low into high or high into high or
347836448235454464.png

Plus as I posted in that last page, his colour 8 is top three colours in the game.

Oct 26, 2017
ElTrouble uploaded a dvd Kusomondo sent. SSFIIX aka Super Street Fighter II Turbo tournament. It features Komoda Blanka before he moved to Tokyo. Sako is also featured in it. It has a brutal single elimination format.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
When i was playing Xrd all my friends decided to run Millia
They are not good enough to mix it up and just kept eating Pot Busters

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
So, how does this community see/treat arena fighters? Really been hyped for Dissidia NT since day one. And a surge of arena fighters have been popping up as of late. I ask since like stated before, i only used to lurk this OT back then, and most talk was Street Fighter and Tekken at the time (i love those games mind you).