Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Well my face got fixed real quick with that one. Though we'll see how far he actually gets.

And holy shit at that top 5 waifu list...

Get that shit out of my face now!!!!

Edit: Thank god for new page.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
Justin Wong's twitter is the cringiest thing on the planet. It is really hard to follow him.

NeoChaos

Oct 28, 2017
NorCal
Use a third party client on mobile to avoid the extraneous crap Twitter adds to the timeline ("promoted" tweets, likes from folks you follow, etc.). TweetDeck (and maybe an adblocker) does a similar job on desktop.

Lemstar

Oct 25, 2017
twitter turning likes into unhideable retweets is a decision that benefits themselves at the expense of their users

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much anyone on my timeline that RTs or likes racy anime/hentai images gets the quickest mute or unfollow.

Just took a very short stroll through SonicFox's likes and.. yeah that's grounds for additionally cleaning browser history and cookies.

Reminds me of when people found all those booty accounts Gootecks used to (still does?) follow, though.

SpeedyBlueDude

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Provo, Utah
Hello guys! Active member of the Counter-Strike eSports scene and big supporter of Eleague!

Thank you for taking Richard Lewis off our hands. We don't want him back. Please keep him.

OP
OP
Karsticles

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MV5BMTA5NDIzMzk0ODJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU2MDA3OTI0Mw@@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
?

pixelish

Oct 27, 2017
nemo and john takeuchi are now sponsored by team liquid!

i'm looking forward to seeing both of them travelling to more tournaments around the world this year.

Nov 2, 2017
Great insight Dahbomb. I'm sticking with Sonicfox, though. Setplay is strong for the Japanese, that's nothing new, but it generally doesn't seem as strong in this game outside of block strings since meaties aren't very prevalent. That leaves the neutral game, and I think that's where SF will be better. Right now, it seems very Rock/Paper/Scissor-y due to Vanish and Super Dash stuff. Admittedly, that seems to be more at the lower levels, though. But I think the neutral kinda plays into SF's hands, despite Vegeta Assist. Plus, his team hurts more. And on top of that, he seems to care more as well.

I don't think the outcome will set the standard for the meta though. Game's still too new.

Last edited:

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Damage output is about the same on both teams, you are dying in 2-3 combos.

Namtab

Oct 27, 2017
Richard Lewis use to write for Breitbart and once got in a fight with a Dota player at Dreamhack Sweden. He is now banned from all Dreamhack events.

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't sleep on Go1's neutral. I know people like to meme that anime fighters have no neutral, but he's won national tournaments in Melty Blood, Aquapazza and Under Night In-Birth, which are three games with notably different types of pacing and neutral. He can play whatever style and pace the game dictates and do it a very high level. He's not just derping around with Menat in SF5 until he gets a knockdown and then completely bodies them (although there definitely is an element of that :V ).

That's not to undersell how good SonicFox is going to be in that regard -- I just think that part of the match-up ends up closer than you think.

Hello guys! Active member of the Counter-Strike eSports scene and big supporter of Eleague!

Thank you for taking Richard Lewis off our hands. We don't want him back. Please keep him.
You guys can have him back, it's fine. We'll even cover postage. :V

Having someone like him dealing with fighting games is especially jarring, given how racially inclusive fighting game communities tend to be (especially in comparison to other esports games). I've watched the eleague productions despite his involvement, not because of it (and it kind of stinks, as the Tekken invitational they just did had some damn good matches and I suspect it'll play well on TV).

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, me saying that SF will edge out Go1 via the neutral isn't me saying that Go1's neutral isn't great or even among the best we've seen. Go1 having great neutral and Sonicfox being able to edge out Go1 via the neutral in their specific matchup aren't mutually exclusive notions. Go1 is actually the only Vegeta Assist I've seen that knows how to use it in Neutral situations and create mixups in that context, which is pretty scary. Still, with all the footage available of Go1 right now, it's easy to analyze those circumstances and be ready for them. Basically, if SF just does his homework, he should be able to easily mitigate Go1's strengths, which I completely expect him to do. As Beef said, I could easily see SF getting blown up the first few matches in a set though.

At this point, this shit is really a toss up either way for me. I'm just kinda going with my gut.

Oct 25, 2017
You need to hit the "I don't like this tweet" thing a few times and you will never see other people's likes on Twitter ever again. It was an awful idea from them anyway, but that's how you get rid of them..

Another way is to use lists. Having an FGC list has actually turned out to be pretty nice.

Nov 2, 2017
Luigi's Mansion is still an incredible looking game all these years later. So full of charm.

Sorry, I had to post this somewhere. Definitely not there.

Oct 26, 2017
I never did buy Smash 4. It just...didn't light my world on fire.

This new Smash has me interested though, and that might be because I need more games for my Switch. No lie, Inklings have me super hype.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, that Smash reveal put a huge smile on my face.

Definitely not getting excited about it though.

If they make it a half step between Melee and Smash 4 in terms of game speed/competitive play potential/etc and have BOTH ZS Samus and normal Samus be good (And I mean like her Melee version, not her booty Brawl and 4 versions), shit, I would be back in Smash in a heart beat.

Nov 2, 2017
Literally, the only thing they'd have to put into the game for me to play it is Dash Dancing. That's it.

That is literally the bridge between the two games and communities IMO.

OP
OP
Karsticles

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally, the only thing they'd have to put into the game for me to play it is Dash Dancing. That's it.

That is literally the bridge between the two games and communities IMO.
For me it's dash dancing and lagless landings. I don't want L canceling, though. Oh, and I want momentum to carry over to jumps again. What a dumb change.

Wallach

Oct 26, 2017
For me it's dash dancing and lagless landings. I don't want L canceling, though. Oh, and I want momentum to carry over to jumps again. What a dumb change.

Hmm... yep. I'd probably play this new Smash. Sounds like Sakurai's involved though, so unless he has a different outlook than before... *shrug*

Nov 2, 2017
I thought they got rid of the lag in Smash 4? I don't remember, I hardly played it.

But yeah, now that you mention it, those things are actually just as important.

OP
OP
Karsticles

Karsticles

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they got rid of the lag in Smash 4? I don't remember, I hardly played it.

But yeah, now that you mention it, those things are actually just as important.
The launch version had a lot of landing lag, but as a result of that and shield regen being about twice as strong as Melee, the game was a turtlefest at launch. So a lot of moves got less landing lag, but it's still there to some degree. And shield damage was buffed, shield regen was cut in like...half? The game is in a much better place now, but it is still more defensive than I would like.

However, making changes like that show how much Sakurai DOES want the competitive community to be happy. I am hoping that last gen was the one where developers thought they had to water their games down to make casuals happy, and now they will release casuals want accessibility, which doesn't require a lower skill ceiling.