• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Nov 2, 2017
That's Mena just being an emotional lil' teen punk, lashing out of some thin skin, if I'm just being honest. Dude's going nowhere. It's easy to say "The money doesn't matter, I'm quitting" when you just won tens of thousands of dollars just a few months prior.

"The true face of a big part of the community"?

Please.

Oct 25, 2017
Were people really insulting DR though?
Nah, he got shit from the DR scene, too. Using that as a shield kinda backfired from what I've seen.

Honestly I really wish r/kappa was somehow driven into the ground. Worthless cesspool.
It was dying tbh. Just a circle-jerking husk of what it was. I think the Mike Ross AmA really helped it, though.

edit: Wait, what does it even have to do with it? That subreddit is way smaller than general Twitch stream monsters. Spooky made the same connection and I don't think it's accurate.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I also think Mena is reading Kappa and they really made a big deal out of it. Dude is only 18 and is getting the backlash of his life with people making it look like he represents all of DR because he fucked up once.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Lmao, when I was watching the stream after he switched to sub mode, beside the chat being readable, notification about new subs didn't stop, I was like "he better make this a prominent thing". Good for Spooky and better for everyone involved that matter tbh!

Oct 25, 2017
I think Tekken players are known for signing up early? It's that old "Tekken players have jobs" meme, I guess.

And yeah, the competitive side of DBFZ is already down to "normal" levels. I was actually surprised how much bigger the stream audience for SFV was at NCR. Really expected DBFZ to still lead the pack.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Might be wishful thinking but I hope T7 will have a new season pass between now and EVO. It's going to have long legs but the support has been sporadic for content. I just want new stages tbh

Oct 25, 2017
Check out this Watson interview: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/246330025 (starts at around 58 minutes in)
A lot of shots being fired, definitely some bad blood between the OGs but his plans sound good.

I still think doing their weekly on wednesdays as well is stupid, though.

Might be wishful thinking but I hope T7 will have a new season pass between now and EVO. It's going to have long legs but the support has been sporadic for content. I just want new stages tbh
Sounds like they have more stuff coming, but I wouldn't expect a pace like that. Hopefully it'll be faster...

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Already bored of Geese Tower and the Hammerhead gas station?

Geese is godlike but hammerhead is yet another barrier stage. I kinda wish they'd have a Tekken 4 legacy stage like Airport or Shibuya but this is extreme wishful thinking on my end.

Sounds like they have more stuff coming, but I wouldn't expect a pace like that. Hopefully it'll be faster...

Yeah for sure. I don't think they expected that T7 would work so well, but their post-launch content was still weirdly thin. We don't even have story costumes for example.

Professor Beef

Official ResetEra™ Chao Puncher
Oct 25, 2017
The Digital World
Check out this Watson interview: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/246330025 (starts at around 58 minutes in)
A lot of shots being fired, definitely some bad blood between the OGs but his plans sound good.

I still think doing their weekly on wednesdays as well is stupid, though.

I'm at work, is there a written version I can check out?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Watson has been talking for a while. It's the same old thing. Valle has done exactly what he said, he grew up, conformed and embraced what the FGC has become. And it's already been mentioned that grassroots events can still happen and we get the best of both worlds throughout the year.

Saito

Oct 25, 2017
I think both communities can survive. I have good memories of Super Arcade so I'd like to visit next time I am in California. I guess I'm a bit too old fashioned for my own good but if there is a dedicated arcade anywhere near where I am I feel like it's worth supporting. I respect what Alex Valle has created as well and see no reason why it should be a one or the other scenario. At the end of the day more places for people to enjoy their hobby is okay in my book.

Kufkah

Permanently banned for usage of an alt-account.
Oct 26, 2017
Insisting on the same day is an ass move that does nothing but hurt the community though.

Oct 25, 2017
I do want to check out Super Arcade when it opens, if only because it's only five minutes away from me and the only actual arcade for miles.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be kinda surprised if DBFZ manages to keep that lead by the time EVO actually comes around. SFV has had more entrants in the few majors we've had this year, including the first one for DBFZ.

I think it will probably keep the lead, but I wonder how many forfeits there will be. There were a lot when SFV had 5000 entrants at EVO because people are registering who have just picked up the game.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
what was the original tweet though? o:
DaARaktX4AA0nSb.jpg:large
DaARbfyX4AAYEie.jpg:large

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, but the swan dude is replying to something else, that's what I'm referring to. Or isn't that what the line at the side means (I don't use twitter)