Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comm...e_my_name_is_mike_ross_i_use_to_do_a/dwa2p35/

Mike Ross doing an AMA

I had to leave Twitch because there was nothing left for me to do there, no room for me to grow. I grew a large FGC presence onto their platform, organized and ran mutiple events, "parties", various FGC ideas, concepts, blah blah blah. Weekly reports, presentations, etc.. I had proved the concept that a CPT Ccentered talk show, capcom pro talk, was something the community needed. After doing it 2 years Capcom told me it was a waste of time as it didn't generate them any money ( their costs for this were $0). This is what led me to kill the show. I spent money out of my own pocket to bring cool shit to y'all but they didn't appreciate that so fuck them.

I don't care to be a VP, CEO, w/e the fuck you wanna call yourself to make you feel important, of a company that I didn't create. Twitch and Mike Ross have different life goals. Titles don't mean shit to me, they never have. To stay in a corporate environment means I'd have to suck sick to climb. I don't suck dick. If you do that's okay though, you do you.

And keep in mind, Twitch originally was a free thinking, creative environment to do cool shit. They didn't have to answer anyone when I was there initially. Money means they are owned now. When you are owned, you have no freedom. Just an illusion of the concept.

I'll elaborate more on this if I ever see you in person.

I had to break from the "FGC" because I don't recognize it anymore. FGC to me is different than what it is to you. Y'all didn't show up til maybe 2017/2018. So when you ask me about the FGC were aren't even in the same league of thought.

However, I started to feel like everyone around me was fake. If they aren't fake, then it's ME that is. Either way staying active wouldn't let me see clear so sometimes you gotta take a step back and view your life externally.

Throughout this entiRe FGC journey I tried to maintain contact with everyone, even folks from elementary school. Thousands of people all messaging me at various times and I tried to stay on it. After a while I started questioning people's intention around me. "Who in the FGC is really my friend? Are people only nice to me cause they think I'm something else? What if I didn't have this job, what if I had no relevance, no fame regardless of how small it is, no EA, none of it. Then who's there?"

I couldn't go to an event without someone acting extra nice to me and then slipping in "aye put me on excellent adventures bro!". Or, "hey dawg, you're black but you haven't helped my streams ever, you only help white people".

I've had females privately record conversations with me just to share with their friends like "look who I talked to, I got him to say..."

Ultimately this shit just started to eat at me, I figured "I can stop all this nonsense by just walking out the door. If I'm right, all these people who claim to be my friends will vanish quickly, and the real will stay"

Let me paint a clearer picture:

In 2016 I had 6,000 birthday notifications across social media platforms, email, text messages. In 2017 I had 4 people Wish me happy bday on my actual bday. My family, Hung B, and Mark Julio. That put a fuck ton into perspective for me. Everything I had thought about my perception of people was proving to be true.

I learned that I was the one that needed to change. It's not 6,000 people fault for not messaging me, it's my fault for presuming any of it meant a goddamn thing.

I could go on this for days. Let's cut it here for now.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely don't blame Mike for walking out feeling the way he did.

The "I don't recognize the FGC anymore" shit is fucking dumb, though. The FGC needed to grow up. 30 year olds can't be running around putting 8 hour days in and traveling every month and NOT getting paid. There were edges that needed to be roughed out if it was ever going to grow and NOT be the dusty little community in the hotel ballroom.

Nov 2, 2017
I definitely don't blame Mike for walking out feeling the way he did.

The "I don't recognize the FGC anymore" shit is fucking dumb, though. The FGC needed to grow up. 30 year olds can't be running around putting 8 hour days in and traveling every month and NOT getting paid.

Pretty much. Dude just sounds like he's in a privileged position, capable of making certain decisions and having opportunities others on the grind don't have access to. IIRC his family is pretty affluent.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
There is price to be paid for fame and money, he's just stating the obvious. There is no right or wrong path. He just chose his own. I mean if you want to make it real big in life you're going to run into a lot of people you don't necessarily want to be around. That's just how it is. All those YT personalities he made videos with are exactly like him except they chose to kiss up to the corporations and people.

poseph

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. Dude just sounds like he's in a privileged position, capable of making certain decisions and having opportunities others on the grind don't have access to. IIRC his family is pretty affluent.

My guy. Mike Ross invented the FGC content grind.

Mike Ross is not the first person to realize they don't like doing things just for the money. He won't be the last. But he was one of the best FGC dudes out there.

Sixfortyfive

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Atlanta
Dude literally perpetuated fake beef with Jago so that they could bilk money out of their sponsors in the ensuing drama and feels like he's in a position to put others on blast for being "fake."

OK.

naw

Oct 25, 2017
weird how yesterday i was gonna make a post about how mike deleted the dark prince video and how sad i was about that

and now he does this AMA and addresses it lol

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Sorry, i have to vent a Little. I recently moved and got me a new Cable Internet Connection. Turns out, at least in Germany, the cable Providers finally ran out of IPv4-Adresses and i "only" have an IPv6-Adress with DualStack Lite.
Sadly, the PS4 is not yet ready for a true IPv6-Connection, and while i can at least Play stuff like shooters quite well, Fighting games have some serious Connection issues and are more or less unplayable.
I tried everything with the Hardware and the Settings themselves, as well as checking back with my ISP and other alternatives. As a private customer, you simply wont get a new IPv4-Adress. I could upgrade to a business-account which would cost around 3 times as much or buy a router for around 200€ with true Dualstack - but reading through a lot of Forums, that still causes Trouble for Games with the need for a stable, direct Connection between players. Well, shit.
Seems like that was it for me with online fighting games, at least until Sony decides to upgrade to a year-old Standard.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Something magical happened at TGU last weekend. Since it's a Tekken World Tour event, a lot more international talent came by, among which was Knee. Of course Knee was the favorite, but local talent Book managed to get an upset at Grand Finals after being 3-0'd at Winners. This is his first big win in a stacked tournament.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AjaEn3bcAFA

An Indian player named loveneet beat Chanel to get into top 8, ending up at 5th overall.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I bought KOF XIV because it was cheap and most of all because I'm an idiot since it looks this game is for the FGC hardcore.

And boy, the game is hard as fucking hell, but I'm more disappointed by the fact that it's completely dead online. Can't find any matches either in ranked (I wanted to get kicked around by the pros on day 1) or in the free mode. I suspect it must be my connection, but if I spent $12 to play against the CPU, then I'm gonna be mad as hell.

Oct 27, 2017
DZQ6qNsUQAA3Dqx.jpg

Sheng Long

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
I bought KOF XIV because it was cheap and most of all because I'm an idiot since it looks this game is for the FGC hardcore.

And boy, the game is hard as fucking hell, but I'm more disappointed by the fact that it's completely dead online. Can't find any matches either in ranked (I wanted to get kicked around by the pros on day 1) or in the free mode. I suspect it must be my connection, but if I spent $12 to play against the CPU, then I'm gonna be mad as hell.

I think you better sit down. I tried a couple months ago and never got a single one.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
They need to add some Magical Drop to dis. We goin for BLOOD.

Amedo310

Nov 15, 2017

Check the Dreamcancel discord and ask for games. Also, a buddy is hosts a stream every Friday night while playing online in a decently filled lobby. It's from 10pm to 3 am EST.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Check the Dreamcancel discord and ask for games. Also, a buddy is hosts a stream every Friday night while playing online in a decently filled lobby. It's from 10pm to 3 am EST.
Yeah, I heard of some Discord channels but I wanted to be in a decent skill level before joining a dedicated group of expert players. :/

Do they ask for a minimum skill level or something like that to consider someone from entering?

Still, I'll give it a go, all learning should be good. Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Oct 27, 2017
As a continental European I can say I won't follow this tournament. SFVAE finals on Monday at 5:00. OK. West coast time sucks.

edit: at least there's Anime Ascension 2018 !
...SoCal...

Last edited: