• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

The Stig

Oct 25, 2017
You could try placing it right in the middle of your dinner table. It would make for an interesting conversation when you invite friends/family over to visit.
Well if we're talking conversation pieces I'll just be slapping Dva smack in the middle, accessory and all. I'm sure that would be an enlightening convo with the folks.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
WOW. Exclusive Chiyo is up at BiJ for 20k. That's about 7k for a wallscroll and a base.

BWAHAHAHAHA

Glad I went with the standard.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Dp3-THXd-Xc-AAHqd-H.jpg

Not really. If I order her it'll be the standard, I'm not about to pay an extra 7k for a simple base + wall scroll.

Rahvar

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Most Lost
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So. My wife and I will be going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka in May and we're looking to pick up a bunch of figures and gunpla. To the extent that we paid to have an extra bag on the flight home :p

Any good places to recommend for new and used? Would be looking for a nice selection and/or a good price :)

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So. My wife and I will be going to Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka in May and we're looking to pick up a bunch of figures and gunpla. To the extent that we paid to have an extra bag on the flight home :p

Any good places to recommend for new and used? Would be looking for a nice selection and/or a good price :)

Giolon just came back from Japan, so he could probably help.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I haven't been, but the Mandarake locations carry both new and used figures, and for some reasonable prices. They're all over in the major districts, so if you're traveling around it shouldn't be terribly difficult to find one near you.

I'm sure Giolon might have some better input to give. Enjoy your time over there, hopefully I'll make the trip one of these days myself.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017

Nakano Broadway in Tokyo. I believe you will be there for one whole afternoon as it has lots of stores for toys and other hobbies like manga and games.

Also try to find a Hobby Off in the suburb. I recommend the one in Hachioji Owada in Tokyo.

Sofmap Amusement in Akibahara is also a great place for finding plastic models.

For Osaka, Kids Land and Jungle are two of the best stores (IMO) in Nipponbashi. Tons of plastic models and figures for you to choose. Volks in both Nipponbashi and Akibahara are nice, too.

MikeHattsu

Oct 25, 2017
In addition to the ones already mentioned, go to the AmiAmi store in Akiba, Lashinbang stores and some of the Yellow Submarine stores (make sure it's not one of the trading card ones though) too.

And for gunpla go to the gundam store inside Diver City, where the Gundam Statue is.

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Everyone's already given quite a lot of good tips.

In Akihabara, AmiAmi actually has two stores now. One in the famous and prominently located Radio Kaikan building, but they also have their original location a few blocks away with 2 more floors of stuff. It's next to the "Akiba Culture Zone" building, and you can see the AmiAmi signs in the 3rd and 4th floor windows. Another good Akiba resource that hasn't been mentioned yet is Surugaya Specialty Store. They were just a bit player in Akiba the last time I was there, but they've expanded to multiple new locations, most of which all have different themes (Gunpla, board games, etc.) Of course there are many Liberty shops all around the area, but the best is probably Liberty 8 that's far down the main strip towards Suehirocho subway station. For Gunpla, you can also do amazingly well at "mainstream" stores like Yodobashi Camera and Sofmap.

In Kyoto, there's not much. Basically all I found this time was a Lashinbang at Teramachi (where I, OMG OMG OMG found Phat Bayonetta for a ridiculous, but not too ridiculous, price and bought her! I'll have pics later =D), and another Lashinbang in Avanti department store just south of Kyoto Station. There's one other Gunpla store somewhere along Shijo Dori (4th street), west of Teramachi a little, but that's about it.

Osaka, I'm not very familiar with, basically the couple of Mandarake locations there.

Good luck!

OP
OP
Giolon

Giolon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...t-figures-dragon-ball-gundam-and-more/.139165

Bandai Tamashii Natio event. Surprised no new Sailor Moon or Digimon figures :x I like the Dragonball set ups, though.

I went to this. All the photos are from the public area. There was a second area that cost 1000 yen to get in, but no photos were allowed inside. There were a lot more upcoming figures on display from everything (e.g. Android 21), but I don't know if there was anything unannounced.

Last edited:

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I went to this. All the photos are from the public area. There was a second area that cost 1000 yen to get in, but no photos were allowed inside. There were a lot more upcoming figures on display from everything (e.g. Android 21), but I don't know if there was anything unannounced.
MegaHouse is doing an Android 21 for their Dragonball Gals line.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Will it be her majin form? Please let it be her majin form.

Today I also learned they are doing yet another A18 figure. I like the dynamic pose, but the proportions look kinda off? And I don't mean that in the usual MegaHouse™ 'lol huge tits' way. It's like her whole body is elongated.

I'm assuming it'll be her Majin form. The vast majority of them have been so far.

And yeah, MegaHouse hasn't done a single good 18 yet. They've all just been varying degrees of bad.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

Do you remember seeing any additional Sailor Moon or any presense of Digimon there?

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming it'll be her Majin form. The vast majority of them have been so far.

And yeah, MegaHouse hasn't done a single good 18 yet. They've all just been varying degrees of bad.
MegaHouse's DB Gals line is pretty bad in general. They are doing some nice stuff with the Naruto Gals, I don't get how the DB girls always end up so much worse.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
MegaHouse's DB Gals line is pretty bad in general. They are doing some nice stuff with the Naruto Gals, I don't get how the DB girls always end up so much worse.

They probably have a different team on it. Even the designs that are good ideas (Arabian Bulma) seem to come out pretty meh. The new Chi-Chi might be the first one I'm not totally apathetic to.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm not ashamed to admit I have two A18's from the Dragon Ball Gals line in my collection. OK, maybe a little ashamed. I personally think they're alright, though, considering what you pay for them. At the same time I do think MegaHouse goes overboard with sexualizing them and I would have skipped Ver. II if I had known III was in the works.

Not a big fan of their Chi Chis, Videls and Bulmas, though.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bunch of old figures that I can't seem to sell. The old Kaiyodo Trigun and Evangelion figures, the old Dragonball Super Battle Collection, a couple of the Legend of Dragoon (?!) action figures, and some of the early ArtFX Bastard!!! figures. I'm gonna end up just donating this stuff because it's eating up too much space. It's gonna feel good to purge it though.

zetsubou

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I have a bunch of old figures that I can't seem to sell. The old Kaiyodo Trigun and Evangelion figures, the old Dragonball Super Battle Collection, a couple of the Legend of Dragoon (?!) action figures, and some of the early ArtFX Bastard!!! figures. I'm gonna end up just donating this stuff because it's eating up too much space. It's gonna feel good to purge it though.
Donate them to me!!!!!! J/k

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You could try putting them in the microwave and uploading the video to YouTube.

Please don't do this.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono-kun, what are the odds um..... Table Girls are going to get delayed? Kurone is also scheduled for this month and she has yet to receive a release date either.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono-kun, what are the odds um..... Table Girls are going to get delayed? Kurone is also scheduled for this month and she has yet to receive a release date either.
No release date and we're nearly hitting the middle of the month? Yeah, I'd say a delay is pretty much certain, especially since Native usually charges a couple weeks ahead of shipment and that hasn't happened yet. Similar situation for Kurone.

Take your time, Native. Whatever needs to be done for Table Girls to be as perfect as possible.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
No release date and we're nearly hitting the middle of the month? Yeah, I'd say a delay is pretty much certain, especially since Native usually charges a couple weeks ahead of shipment and that hasn't happened yet. Similar situation for Kurone..

I'm surprised Kurone is possibly getting delayed again. She was originally a September release, then got bumped straight to November.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Are there only three figure factories in Japan or something?
Not sure how many there are, but I do know that GSC and their umbrella companies (the three I mentioned above, as well as Max Factory) all share the same factory. As for Alter and the like, I'm not sure. I don't believe there are that many, but I could be wrong on that.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how many there are, but I do know that GSC and their umbrella companies (the three I mentioned above, as well as Max Factory) all share the same factory. As for Alter and the like, I'm not sure. I don't believe there are that many, but I could be wrong on that.

Explains why GSC is putting up things with December 2019 release dates. L M A O

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I have a bunch of the old Kaiyodo Evangelions. They come in these huge blister packs and there's a deluxe 01 with like a zillion accessories.

I'll take pics before I toss 'em if you want.

Oh. Thanks for the offer but I guess you can toss those away. Was hoping for old Soul of Chogokin or something like that.

Boogiepop

Oct 25, 2017
Uuuuugh. USPS screwed up with my replacement part for my broken-armed Utena figma. Sat around for like over a month in one part of the US, on October 30th moved to a different part finally, and yesterday... said "attempted delivery in Japan." After an hour and a half of waiting on the line, their response was "yeah, don't know why it happened, but looks like it got returned to sender and now that it's in Japan, it's out of our hands. Contact the sender." Emailed GSC again, here's hoping they're good about this. Uuuuugh.