• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are the Valentine's items worthwhile? They're a serious grind and most of them look pretty underwhelming tbh. Is the magic defense buff a decent buff? Was thinking of maybe grabbing it to stick on Rikku.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
WooHoo! Second Adventurer 5 crafted!

Are the Valentine's items worthwhile? They're a serious grind and most of them look pretty underwhelming tbh. Is the magic defense buff a decent buff? Was thinking of maybe grabbing it to stick on Rikku.

At the very least I'd recommend grabbing the shields, resist gear can always end up being useful. The other pieces of gear have interesting abilities, but I feel like I'm unlikely to use them. That said, I'm still planning to try and craft them all; I think someone earlier in the thread said it works out to about 4 Elt a day throughout the event.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

At the very least I'd recommend grabbing the shields, resist gear can always end up being useful. The other pieces of gear have interesting abilities, but I feel like I'm unlikely to use them. That said, I'm still planning to try and craft them all; I think someone earlier in the thread said it works out to about 4 Elt a day throughout the event.

What's the draw to the shield? I thought it had an extra skill that only works with a certain character but other than that seems lot weaker than my others. Good chance I'll end up with the mats anyway since I'm grinding it for the mega crysts anyway

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What's the draw to the shield? I thought it had an extra skill that only works with a certain character but other than that seems lot weaker than my others. Good chance I'll end up with the mats anyway since I'm grinding it for the mega crysts anyway
The 50% water resist. Resist's aren't always useful, but they make quite the difference when they do; I'm sure it'll help with something eventually.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Is it going to be possible to try for the Nier Automata characters again? I didn't realize they put them in and they seem like cool units to have.

We have yet to see a return of a collaboration banner like Nier. On the other hand, we know Nier made them a whole lot of money and was very popular so I'd say there's a decent chance.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Still re-rolling. Trying to see if I can get one of these macros working to speed up the process. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong as it loads but never clicks the top row for battle which prevents it from moving forward.

We have yet to see a return of a collaboration banner like Nier. On the other hand, we know Nier made them a whole lot of money and was very popular so I'd say there's a decent chance.

Hopefully they come back then. It'd be a shame to have them be a one time only thing.

Last edited:

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Are you aiming for something particular?

Sort of. Robot recommended going with a Tank or Healer.

Tanks: Wilhelm, Basch, Chow
Healer: Ayaka

So I figured I'd shoot for that since not sure what else would be good. Getting through the tutorial takes a while, which by association makes re-rolling take some time. Can't seem to get any of the examples I've seen online with Nox running multiple instance or macros to work to speed up the process. Too bad there isn't something like the tool I used for my OPTC account that speeds things up considerably.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
Rerolling is tedious as hell. If you decide it's not worth trying to get a tank or healer you could settle for a dps chainer instead.

Chainers:
Magic: Trance Terra, Barbariccia
Physical: Veritas of the Dark, Orlandeau, Aileen, Tidus, Onion Knight, Loren (all but Onion Knight and Loren require the dual-wield Trust Mastery to be truly effective)

5* support units are nice but won't get you far on their own. 5* finishers are the Lamborghinis of brave exvius. Impressive as hell but unnecessary and absurdly expensive.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Alternatively rerolling until you get an account with 2 five stars of any type will also set you up very well

robot

Oct 27, 2017
If they are the same chainer yeah, otherwise not really. 7* units aren't for another 9 months probably.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish they gave you a free 10+1 rather than just some tickets or at least give me the option to spend them all at once. I saw they did do the former for a brief period of time last year.

I'll keep at it I think and see what happens. Does it matter what banner I'm using the tickets on really other than chances for banner units?

robot

Oct 27, 2017
The Festival of Love banner will have a much higher chance of Chow appearing, but he's also probably the least desirable of the 3 tanks I mentioned (not that he's bad at all). The Brave Exvius Banner has higher chances for Sakura, who is very good, but a finisher and so less useful while starting out. Roselia is a nice budget healer on that banner though, if you land a tank you could try to get her off of that banner. If you want an even chance at everything then the Rare Summon banner is for you.

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
Is this event supposed to get better?

Because ugh now it's kinda lame. It feels like a Valentine's Day where both members of the couple said "let's not get each other anything for V-day" and then actually did just that.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Is this event supposed to get better?

Because ugh now it's kinda lame. It feels like a Valentine's Day where both members of the couple said "let's not get each other anything for V-day" and then actually did just that.

We need to wait a week (since yesterday), then the missions in each of the BGN, ADV and ELT stages will refresh daily with new rewards. i.e. As it gets closer to Valentine's Day.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Festival_of_Love

Zippedpinhead

Fallen Guardian
Oct 25, 2017
We need to wait a week (since yesterday), then the missions in each of the BGN, ADV and ELT stages will refresh daily with new rewards. i.e. As it gets closer to Valentine's Day.

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Festival_of_Love
But Valentine's Day is on Wednesday... why are they making us wait?

It just doesn't make sense. If they can refresh the missions and give us more story why make us wait a week, why not every other day or something defined

Last edited:

Broseybrose

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are great, Robot and Bonkeng especially.

I love seeing you guys go all out to help newcomers.

It gives me that feeling of community that was so badly damaged by the transition from old site to new site.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, is Cloud notable at all or just alright? Just got him on my latest. Was surprised as it was blue, then went gold, and then rainbow. I'd seen blue to gold, but didn't realize you could do all three.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, is there any way to save or retain this one if I want to keep trying a few more times, but perhaps go to that one if I decide too? I can't seem to sync it with any other facebook account and that seems the only way to retain accounts.

Also got Hope, Xon, Kaede, and Bartz as others that seem notable.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, is there any way to save or retain this one if I want to keep trying a few more times, but perhaps go to that one if I decide too? I can't seem to sync it with any other facebook account and that seems the only way to retain accounts.

Also got Hope, Xon, Kaede, and Bartz as others that seem notable.

There's a reason Hope is in our OT title, and it's not for his notability.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, so should consider enhancing Aileen even if I have zero BiS equipment for her? The only other 5 star chainer I have is Reberta, and I am currently using her with an un-enhanced Agrias.

I've been having really bad luck with pulls :/

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Finished up DFina and Genji Glove today. Thinking my next two should be Genji Glove 2 and Noctis Ring 2. Since those items don't really get replaced. Almost done with DV, Glodious, and Emperor TMs

Since I got a recent influx of 5*, its been making TM farming a bit harder. So I still have Cloud, Another DV, Another Dfina, and others to choose from. Plus stuff like Rasier. I may have to stop farming 3* unit TMs as well, or at least weapon ones.

Oct 27, 2017
decided to pull for Ang and got this

H03OVPt.png

damn i bet i got Ang! no way all 3 rainbows are off banner right? no way

BQlaIB7.png

nope ............. did four more 10+1 pulls and got Cloud and Ang, pretty good i have to say, and i still have 26k lapis

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA
I really wish I was better at this game...I have a bunch of 5*/6* tho

I don't really have the time to grind for TMs, and I'm not strong enough to do ELT events so I just don't bother. I can kind of do most PRO tho?

Here are my 4-6* duders:
https://imgur.com/a/XiyFA

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017

1. congrats on your 2nd Adventurer 5. I'm about 800 from Adv. 4. (on top of my current Adv 5)

2. to be clear the math you read earlier is that it was 'all energy from 4 days of ELT runs', not '4 runs per day.' (so 11-12 runs per day for 4 days, or ~48 runs).

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I really wish I was better at this game...I have a bunch of 5*/6* tho

I don't really have the time to grind for TMs, and I'm not strong enough to do ELT events so I just don't bother. I can kind of do most PRO tho?

Here are my 4-6* duders:
https://imgur.com/a/XiyFA
You're probably using the wrong units. I mean. You definitely are, if you haven't leveled Wilhelm, Ace, and 2B, and your second Reberta. Stop using Rain and Fina, for one. The ONLY thing you're lacking is a healer, and your Luka is perfect for that.

You have insane units for being Rank 35 and not playing much! You're off to a spectacular start.

You also incredible support units in Lunera, Ramza, and Soleil -- all enhanced, though.

There's honestly very little you wouldn't be able to tackle with a party of Wilhelm, OK, friend OK, Ace, Luka, and Ramza.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Got my second rainbow off of this batch of daily free pulls, which is my second rainbow off of a free daily pull banner ever since the game launched.

Turned out to be (my first) Pyro Glacial Lasswell. Hardly a hype rainbow, but...he's a new unit and he's not complete dogshit. I'll probably level him up some time this week.

Dandte

Oct 26, 2017
Daily Banner Rainbow!....Offbanner.

My luck with limited 5* Units continues.

So far i only got

1 Randi
1 Christine (only cost me around 200€, so i would say i brute forced it)
2 Ray Jack

in terms of limited Units.

But i got my first ever 5* Tank in form of Mr. Big Moustache Willy himself. My most wanted Unit atm, so i'm super happy.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm did another reroll and this time got Trance Terra, Yan, and Veritas of the Earth as the notables.

TT is a good magic chained, Veritas seems to be a solid tank if not top of the list and there doesnt seem to be much on Yan but she seems to be support.

Is that an alright start to go with?

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Had terrible luck on these free pulls, no Rainbows and only 1 Gold (Vayne). I've pulled Larsa three times, you would've thought they forgot to turn the FFXII unit rates down after their event ended.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
You're probably using the wrong units. I mean. You definitely are, if you haven't leveled Wilhelm, Ace, and 2B, and your second Reberta. Stop using Rain and Fina, for one. The ONLY thing you're lacking is a healer, and your Luka is perfect for that.

You have insane units for being Rank 35 and not playing much! You're off to a spectacular start.

You also incredible support units in Lunera, Ramza, and Soleil -- all enhanced, though.

There's honestly very little you wouldn't be able to tackle with a party of Wilhelm, OK, friend OK, Ace, Luka, and Ramza.
Only thing I would change is is Orlandu instead of OK, just because he is still the most common companion.

But for being rank 35, you have the best tank, two of the best DPS, and the two best support. There is legit no reason why ELT isn't possible

Rixa

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm did another reroll and this time got Trance Terra, Yan, and Veritas of the Earth as the notables.

TT is a good magic chained, Veritas seems to be a solid tank if not top of the list and there doesnt seem to be much on Yan but she seems to be support.

Is that an alright start to go with?

Yup. Go for it, you will get a lot of Lapis during your voyage. Toss the ID (if you are going to start with that account) and you will get very powerful friend units that will help clear story and other things.

Just remember, ask here before pulling (250 pulls / 1 per day are ok) Also remember to do one free pull per day.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing catch up with the story. Got to the part where the veritas
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
. Should hopefully be able to gather enough lapis frkm the story to do one last hail mary for another sakura.

Currently playing ffbe, dissidia opera omnia and mobius. Mobius seems to be the far more enjoyable of the trio with opera being the last and thats only because ive done everything in it. Hope it has trial'esq challenges like ffbe does.

Celegus

Oct 25, 2017
Playing catch up with the story. Got to the part where the veritas
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
. Should hopefully be able to gather enough lapis frkm the story to do one last hail mary for another sakura.

Currently playing ffbe, dissidia opera omnia and mobius. Mobius seems to be the far more enjoyable of the trio with opera being the last and thats only because ive done everything in it. Hope it has trial'esq challenges like ffbe does.
I already gave up on Opera Omnia, just found it boring. Still loving Mobius, even though I just dropped 22 summons on the Weapon banner and only got 2 of them. Still have a lot to left for the second one, they're ridiculously generous with free resources in that game.

Oct 27, 2017
Its too early to give up on it yet especially since the road map has been revealed. Lots coming down the pipeline.

I did one pull on the weapon banner and got ultima. Went ham trying to pull the sephiroth skin and his class. Got both in the endbut the magicite it cost to do so.......sigh. Took me about 20 pulls. Got yhe skin in like the first 1-3 pulls and thats a 1.3 chance meanwhile its a 10% chance per multi to pull the featured class i think.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
I've dropped Opera Omnia too, forgot all about doing my dailies in it yesterday and I'm not really bothered. There's just no substance to the gameplay whatsoever.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. Go for it, you will get a lot of Lapis during your voyage. Toss the ID (if you are going to start with that account) and you will get very powerful friend units that will help clear story and other things.

Just remember, ask here before pulling (250 pulls / 1 per day are ok) Also remember to do one free pull per day.

Neat, I'll go with it then. Now I just need to figure out this Facebook link thing. That first account seems to be related to the first one I did, but I'm worried trying to log into my actual FB won't matter and that original account is locked to the phone. Honestly this FB setup seems rather dumb compared to systems to retain accounts in other games.

Thanks!

Am I good just following that beginner's guide for now to start with? And which banner would I want to use the first 5000 I get? The Festival of Love one or perhaps just save up and wait?

Cat_o_Nine

Dec 12, 2017
USA

I'll try that. I don't have Ace or 2B however.

Oct 27, 2017
The 7* sakura dream is a reality! Finished up he story and got just enough for ine last pull and it happened. Now back to Mobius :-)

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So which mages are actually worth investing in? I'm sitting on a mountain of Mag pots and a 5* mage just isn't happening for me and dont think I'll even be able to squeeze in another 10+1 on the Sakura banner.

It's likely I've got a few 4* units that could do ok at it if there's any that stand out.